Photo

Patch 1.1.1 Performance Report

patch 1.1.1 1.1.1 patch bugs reporting report graphics performance performance issues

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:30

Hey! I just played around with the new patch 1.1.1 (steam version) and decided to help you guys out and tell you about my experience, its not much, but its still feedback!

Im playing on:

-WINDOWS 7 64-bit

-8 gb RAM

-Intel Core i7 4820K ~3.7GHz

-ASUS GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5 (A bit overclocked)

Playing in 1080p (1920x1080) resolution.

Here are my in-game settings:

Spoiler

In storytime the game runs around 59-180fps, very good performance, but it was good before the patch too. Still dont understand why it doesnt run in constant 60fps, but I dont mind! (Its more of a question of intrigue)

The game runs around 27-40 fps in Friars Keep. A bit jumpy here and there, most noticeable are the weird framrate jumps from 45 to around 25-27, theyre quick and brief but still annoying.

The game was playable to me even before the patch, but the extra 5 frames on this stage do help it feel smoother, still not quite 60fps or even constant stable 30fps though. (It stays above 30fps MOST of the time, but there are still dips to 27 when I look at the center where the stairs are)

In europolis the game runs around 27-60fps. Only got to 60fps for a few seconds though. Mostly when running around the hand that feeds was when I managed to get constant 60fps, elsewhere like near Baruti it runs at 29-30 fps. Its very much playable right now in my opinion. My rig isnt the best, but its not bad either so I dont know how playable its on worse rigs though when even mine is having trouble achieving constant 30fps.

Europolis overall runs mostly at 30fps and the problem area near the collapse memorial keeps at 30fps which is good!

Overall the game is running better and its smoother and playable, which is the important part. I would like 60fps, but I can take 30fps and be happy. I couldnt pinpoint any other problem areas other than the green tinted market near Baruti.

Great patch! keep up the good work!

One bug I found earlier with the game was this:

Spoiler

The menu items disappear when trying to change settings, Restart brought them back for me.

Maybe others could gather their experience with the 1.1.1 patch here? :)

(If theres another thread for this patch I couldnt find it, sorry!)

#2 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 16:08

My experience with 1.1.1 is - that my game still crashes when I try to load Propast  :angry:

#3 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 17:01

My experience with 1.1.1 is - that my game still crashes when I try to load Propast  :angry:

Ok, you have the game by steam or humble now right... (Only these two have the patche...)

After that, please, give us your specs...

Thank you!

Edited by ct2651, 01 November 2014 - 17:34.

#4 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 17:29

2d9a7pj.jpg

My specs: GPU GTX670MX (better than other 600 series)

CPU: i7 3630qm 2.4ghz

RAM: 12Gb

win 8.1

It run smoothly everywhere... Just a bit of problems in pandemonium at awesome, at high, these problem are not there anymore.

#5 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 18:19

I got the game from GOG then took the updated one from Humble because that's where they published the patched version.

My spec is XP sp3 32bit

intel core 2 quad Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz

4GB ram (OS sees only 3.5)

video card Nvidia Geforce GTS250

#6 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 18:31

I got the game from GOG then took the updated one from Humble because that's where they published the patched version.

My spec is XP sp3 32bit

for dreamfall chapter.

http://www.game-deba...Longest Journey

here is the test, and normally... your're suppose to pass everything even the GD requirement.

Edited by ct2651, 01 November 2014 - 20:11.

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 November 2014 - 18:47

No, that computer should definitively be able to run the game. There is something else going on there to make it crash.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#8 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 20:10

No, that computer should definitively be able to run the game. There is something else going on there to make it crash.

I think I am not able to explain what I say in my last post... Maybe I will erase it because it's not clear...

#9 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 20:52

I think I am not able to explain what I say in my last post... Maybe I will erase it because it's not clear...

Are you saying that theoretically according to the requirements you should be able to run the game, but in reality you cannot or its worse than it should be?

#10 Vauxi

Vauxi

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 21:44

Hello. I'm new to this forum. Steam just downloaded patch and ofcource I had to test it. I had pretty annoying performance issue in (of course) europolis. After 1.1.1 patch, all low fps issues went away. This is good. But here's the bad. I had no memory problems before. Now I do have. ~3min test run thorough lower docks, windows bleeped at the background about low memory. Should I buy more, or is this some kind of bug/nag? I allready played first book through and loaded first release savings for test.

Windows 7 64bit

Nvidia geforce 970gtx

6gig ram

no swap memory

No other programs running

settings.png

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 November 2014 - 21:48

6 GB of memory should be plenty, but how come you're not using any virtual memory? It's enabled by default in Windows for a reason.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#12 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 November 2014 - 21:59

Turning off swap is hardly ever recommended, and certainly not with 6GB RAM.

Try reading this little guide: http://www.howtogeek...you-disable-it/

Having a page file won’t slow down your computer – but if your computer is using its page file a lot, you should probably get some more RAM.

#13 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 01 November 2014 - 21:59

My experience with 1.1.1 is - that my game still crashes when I try to load Propast

Crowboy, is that "on leaving the shrink's office"? I think we're seeing the same bug described in more than one way.

#14 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 01 November 2014 - 22:05

you really shouldnt run windows with out a swap file regardless of how much ram you have, and 6gb isnt even that much.

• Mr_Russ likes this

#15 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 22:06

pagefile.sys probably never needs to be bigger than 4 GB as you scale up your RAM but I'd never disable it completely.

#16 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 23:03

Crowboy, is that "on leaving the shrink's office"? I think we're seeing the same bug described in more than one way.

No.

You can see my original bug report:

http://redthreadgame...-cant-continue/

Loading the game at Propast fails, but going to Propat from dr Roman's office succeeds.

Leaving The Hand that Feeds also causes the same crash, but at different memory chunk size and different total memory allocated.

I've attached on the post some screens and the error message from the crash when loading Propast. You can compare to your log output to see if it's the same issue.

• Mr_Russ likes this

#17 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 23:07

for dreamfall chapter.

http://www.game-deba...Longest Journey

here is the test, and normally... your're suppose to pass everything even the GD requirement.

I know I can run the game. It runs well on my machine at medium settings.

I actually enjoyed propast very much for quite some time.

Then I saved and quit, and next time I want to resume...well you know.

I just want to play the game like everyone else. Don't think it's too much to ask for  :(

#18 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:07

Crowboy, I have a feeling that the root cause is the same - an incompatibility between a patch and a saved game.

Can you uninstall and reinstall DFC and try that? It won't affect your saved games.

#19 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:09

It's sad, but I can see where a patch of 1GB can destroy a save file, It still not happen on mine, on my save file from queenie discussion before patch. I can load everything easily... weird case for real.

#20 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:32

My spec is XP sp3 32bit

are you a backer? if not, can you point me on how to do it?

can i get the humble patch with my gog version without being a backer?

(i mean legally ofc. haha)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patch 1.1.1, 1.1.1, patch, bugs, reporting, report, graphics, performance, performance issues

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users