130 replies to this topic

#21 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 13:27

I often see (reported here) that they've said something on Steam. Do I just miss them saying it here or in a medium that is for all the public and not just Steam users? Seems an odd way to be going about things.

We try to spread the information around. The advantage of Steam is that 90% of our players are already on that platform, it's completely open (as in everyone can read our announcements and threads) and it's very visible to players who are considering purchasing the game (again, 80-90% of all future customers will come via Steam).

We usually also send out tweets, and our excellent moderators are very diligent about picking up our unannounced announcements and reposting them here. In addition, you get the Kickstarter updates — not that often, mind you, but there was one on Friday — along with my random posts on the forum.

No, we don't post everything everywhere, but with the help of our fantastic community the news spread pretty quickly regardless. I'm sure we could do much better, but with our limited time and resources, it's hard to reach everyone.

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and 4 others like this

#22 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 03 November 2014 - 15:59

Yeah, just, you know, this is your very own forum.

#23 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 16:05

Yeah, just, you know, this is your very own forum.

…and our excellent moderators are excellent at reposting news posted elsewhere excellently! Which is why we feel comfortable posting where most players get their information first.

Look, I love these forums. They are my happy place. This feels like coming home. But very few people come here unless we've posted a direct link elsewhere, and if we need to quickly tell thousands & thousands people about something important, we go to Steam or Twitter. We will definitely try to update the forum as soon as possible after posting elsewhere — usually I see this happening automagically — and it doesn't mean you guys are second-class citizens. Far from it: this is where I actually spend more time answering specific posts and being more open about stuff. But if we push a new bug-fix to Steam, we post an announcement on Steam first. It just makes the most sense.

If we can improve the way we cross-post and keep everyone updated, I'm all for it!

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob, khh and 3 others like this

#24 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 17:07

Two hours. Make Humble hurry... ;)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#25 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 17:09

Much excellence!

The steam forum thing is actually handy, since we can read all recent posts by RTG (and RTG, not Ragnar/Morten/Rakel like here on the forum). A "recent posts by developers" might help this forum though, since it's not that easy to see where RTG has posted in different topics (at least not afaik).

I should probably look at the steam link more often. A lot of the steam reposts have been posted by very helpful (and excellent) non-moderators!
  • WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and Em_TC like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#26 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 03 November 2014 - 17:28

Yes, it's no big deal for announcements to be put on Steam as long as the rest of us know there is an announcement to see! A link to the Steam post would be perfectly sufficient. Just "new announcement: link" so we know there is one. Might save on some work answering questions too. Well, a bit :P

#27 Phoenix

Phoenix

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 03 November 2014 - 17:32

Personally I don't mind because since the first book came out I've been frantically checking EVERYWHERE for news on the soundtrack (and the book) but some people don't have the time/patience for it!

Mods etc. have done a really good job of picking up announcements fairly quickly and posting here though.

#28 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:00

Yes, it's no big deal for announcements to be put on Steam as long as the rest of us know there is an announcement to see! A link to the Steam post would be perfectly sufficient. Just "new announcement: link" so we know there is one. Might save on some work answering questions too. Well, a bit :P

I think "announcement" is a bit of a hyperbole. For the big announcements about patches and the like they have come here to post an official note. Scraps of information about where other smaller things are at is really what we're talking about here. 

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate RTG stepping in and giving out info, but if it's a little tidbit, Mods + rest of community can probably handle reposting it. I mean, depending on when they make the post, someone may have already reposted it here by the time RTG would get here to post a link. That soundtrack announcement was reposted in several threads here shortly after RTG posted it. 

I'm not sure if RTG posting a link in addition to the links the rest of us are posting would really change much. You know?

• Tina and NeilClaimer like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#29 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:03

Two hours. Make Humble hurry... ;)

*imagining Ragnar calling up Humble people personally at (their) 8am, saying GET TO WORK, VAINAMOINEN NEEDS THAT SOUNDTRACK YESTERDAY!*

If Humble start their workday at 10am, which should be 7pm central europe time, I really don't expect it to be up at that exact moment. The pessimistic side of me is thinking it may not be up until their day ends, and then maybe I'll have it tomorrow morning. (but I like being pessimistic, means I'm either happily proved wrong, or not being sad because of expectations)

• agirlnamedbob, khh and Riaise like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#30 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:09

Though if the soundtrack DOES go up sooner than my late night, that will prove that Humble is capable of pushing stuff out at a time other than between 8PM - 12AM PST.

Still unsure on how they sync their servers. It seems like it's primarily a late-night thing, though. Meaning they do their data entry stuff during the day and then the changes go live over night. But I'm speculating. 

• Tina likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#31 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:13

Has anything surfaced for the Steam/GOG SE's yet? Anyone?

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#32 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:14

Nothing on mine (I bought the GoG Special Edition instead of asking for a GoG Kickstarter key).

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#33 Crrooss

Crrooss

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:30

I dont see a soundtrack on my Humble Bundle. :(

#34 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:49

I dont see a soundtrack on my Humble Bundle. :(

Humble will probably take a few hours more. The Humble guys are only just entering their office in 10 minutes.

No worries! (At least not THAT many ;) ).

#35 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 03 November 2014 - 19:01

update in wachtrij!!! on steam!

#36 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 November 2014 - 19:03

Trying to stick to this rhythm while hitting F5 to make it sound relaxed:

• Retodon8 likes this

#37 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 03 November 2014 - 19:03

i have downoad it on steam!

#38 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 03 November 2014 - 19:08

And now i have it on my old fashion mp3 player. love this!!!

• Vainamoinen likes this

#39 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 19:09

Okay, could you at least tell me the number of tracks and total duration...?

#40 Anouk

Anouk

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 03 November 2014 - 19:10

13 tracks

• WorldsReunited and Vainamoinen like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users