• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 chunggwang

chunggwang

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:23

As I know, soundtrack number 1 is available after, 1st december.

Am I right?

I want to know how and when can I get official soundtrack.

#2 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 13:36

SEpromises.gif

1st of November actually. TODAY, supposedly for backers via Humble and all customers of the "Special Edition" on other platforms. Ragnar recently even said that the soundtrack might hit much earlier than that and... it, uhhhhmmmm, did not. :(

The entire soundtrack is made available to all backers of tiers 50$ and above when Book 5 is released, but IIRC Red Thread Games is looking into options to make it available to non-backers in another way (possibly itunes and bandcamp). As this goes into "backer exclusive" territory, RTG will have to be a bit careful. I'd rather suspect that those options might only surface at the close of next year.

http://tlj.wikia.com...amfall_Chapters

• Tina and chunggwang like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:57

SEpromises.gif

1st of November actually. TODAY, supposedly for backers via Humble and all customers of the "Special Edition" on other platforms. Ragnar recently even said that the soundtrack might hit much earlier than that and... it, uhhhhmmmm, did not. :(

The entire soundtrack is made available to all backers of tiers 50$ and above when Book 5 is released, but IIRC Red Thread Games is looking into options to make it available to non-backers in another way (possibly itunes and bandcamp). As this goes into "backer exclusive" territory, RTG will have to be a bit careful. I'd rather suspect that those options might only surface at the close of next year.

http://tlj.wikia.com...amfall_Chapters

I'm 50$ tier backer and there is no OST available for me via Humble, at least for book 1 :(

blasted be the balance

#4 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:50

Supposed to be out today but still nothing on my end from Steam..hoping they didn't push it back. I know they are focusing on the game but it doesn't take that much man power to send the OST to Steam..

jHevh80.jpg

#5 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:28

I assume that they have pushed back the release date for the soundtrack for book one, at least temporarily, due to the performance patch they had to create and release. They've made it clear that performance of the game is paramount and that they didn't anticipate the performance issues/patch. Plus the first is on a Saturday; let's give them a couple of days to recover and let us know what's going on with the soundtrack.

#6 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 12:35

I assume that they have pushed back the release date for the soundtrack for book one, at least temporarily, due to the performance patch they had to create and release.

I'd think that too - but Ragnar had stated the soundtrack might come significantly earlier than November at a time when they were definitely working hard on that performance patch. Not sure these two things can be related.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#7 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 02 November 2014 - 14:05

The Answer is here on the steam forums

57d03e557ebcd2d8c0f5239e42712e54098c24dc
Red Thread Games  [developer] 1 hour ago 
notification_icon_flag_dark.png?v=1forum_topicicon_reply.png?v=1
Originally posted by habrbudai:
Hello again! Today is November, 1st. When the e-book and soundtrack will be released? Don't want to push on developers, but we intrigued so much, and also on the Steam gamepage there is info that e-book and soundtrack are going be released in November, 1st.

We were stupid enough to set November 1st as the release date for the soundtrack, forgetting that it was a Saturday.

Backers and buyers of the special edition will get the Book One soundtrack Monday morning — and it sounds amazing.

We are still working on the short-stories, and we apologise for the delay. We would recommend playing Book One (and maybe Book Two) before reading the stories, since there will be SOME spoilers.

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, Aj17 and 1 other like this

#8 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 November 2014 - 16:09

woohoo! thanks for posting that, missed that somehow.

jHevh80.jpg

#9 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 02 November 2014 - 23:52

I often see (reported here) that they've said something on Steam. Do I just miss them saying it here or in a medium that is for all the public and not just Steam users? Seems an odd way to be going about things.

#10 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 November 2014 - 23:59

I often see (reported here) that they've said something on Steam. Do I just miss them saying it here or in a medium that is for all the public and not just Steam users? Seems an odd way to be going about things.

My guess is that they know the answers they post over at Steam will make their way back to the forums, while the reverse is not true.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#11 ChocolateRob

ChocolateRob

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMy own little world... also Manchester

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:03

The most important question is - Does it contain the music from the trailers?

The body is but a vessel for the soul. A puppet that bends to the soul's tyranny...

...but body and soul both require chocolate.

A.J.Durai

#12 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:17

The most important question is - Does it contain the music from the trailers?

The "Reborn trailer" music is used in a DFC cutscene, albeit cut a little shorter in the game IIRC. It should absolutely be in the soundtrack one way or another.

As to the early "Overview trailer" music, that could go many ways. Possibly RTG wishes to use this music in future episodes (to me, it seems like it would fit Arcadia better than Stark); in that case, it can not be in the Book 1 soundtrack, but would surely be rendered to backers (50$+) eventually. But possibly they won't use this music later on (it would only fit rather specific cutscenes in my opinion), which would mean that they could put it on the Book1 soundtrack tomorrow.

#13 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:26

IIRC ... And I'm just doing memory recall here because I don't feel like spending an hour trying to track down the comment... but I feel like back when the early trailer was released, Ragnar said something about how the song would be on the OST. (Because basically all of us asked.) 

But like V said, I have no idea if that means it'll be part of the mini-OST in the special edition or if it'll only be part of the complete OST. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#14 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:29

Really looking forward to Monday now, and I don't usually do that. ;)

#15 ChocolateRob

ChocolateRob

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMy own little world... also Manchester

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:34

I knew many had asked but I did not know whether it had been officially or positively confirmed.

PS Who does like Mondays? Probably only those freaks that like mornings too.

The body is but a vessel for the soul. A puppet that bends to the soul's tyranny...

...but body and soul both require chocolate.

A.J.Durai

#16 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2138 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 00:58

I knew many had asked but I did not know whether it had been officially or positively confirmed.

PS Who does like Mondays? Probably only those freaks that like mornings too.

I am actually working on saturdays and sundays, and having only one class university on monday... (So i like monday then xD)

#17 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6167 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:36

Monday morning drawing to a quick close; nothing up on Humble yet.

#18 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:12

There's a piece in Eb major which is used in the psychiatrist office, and the other one in G# minor (also used in the DFC KS funding trailer) is used for the credits and in the house of all worlds.

The reborn trailer music is used a little in the beginning of story time, and somwhat remixed in friar's keep.

The "skygod is looking for you" trailer music is briefly used at the end of story time when you're about to wake up (and it's very suitable there)

• NeilClaimer likes this

#19 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 13:10

Monday morning drawing to a quick close; nothing up on Humble yet.

Humble won't have the soundtrack out until this evening, European time, since they start their day at 1000 Pacific time.

GOG and Steam should have the soundtrack available before the end of the day.

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, khh and 3 others like this

#20 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 13:20

I'd think that too - but Ragnar had stated the soundtrack might come significantly earlier than November at a time when they were definitely working hard on that performance patch. Not sure these two things can be related.

The delay on the soundtrack (as well as the short-stories): mostly (all?) my fault.

Simon Poole, our composer, had the soundtrack ready for the 28th, but he needed final track names and for us to do the actual distribution — but versions 1.1 and 1.1.1 ended up occupying all of our waking hours until Friday evening, and so we just didn't get around to putting the soundtrack together for distribution that day. I apologise for that.

It's ready now, however, and making its way to Steam, GOG and Humble as we speak! Humble probably won't make it available until later this evening, due to timezone, but expect Steam and GOG before the end of business, European time.

• Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited, TalkingOak and 4 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users