Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:06

No, that's unfair.

why is it unfair ? They must have missed 4 deadlines by now, and not a word. As far as I can tell, my £60 add on money is long gone.

#42 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:48

It's unfair because the final deadline has not passed. The other deadlines were interim estimates. One can only justifiably criticise someone for not doing something after the actual official deadline has been missed.

I get this at work all the time, pressure to complete things well before the agreement said I had to do them by. People chance their arm and are unfair. I just calmly remind them of the concept of agreements and repeat that everything will be done by the actual deadline, not the one they just made up in their heads.

I would like some clear communication about what the delay is after having been informed that this t-shirt thing was about to be done. Then we'll know. But concluding right now that it's all gone by the wayside is premature. The only time we can truthfully say that is when we have our games and still no t-shirts. That may or may not happen, but one must always hang back and allow people to fail before complaining that they have failed. IMHO of course ;)

• Tina, skadet, Ceridwen and 1 other like this

#43 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 13:42

needless to say I strongly disagree. They have stopped giving delivery dates all together now.

If you say your going to do something 3-4 times, and each time fail to do so, expect to be criticised.

#44 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 29 March 2014 - 15:52

I would agree with that. Expect to be criticised for precisely what they have done, i.e., missed rolling deadlines and not said why. That's what I have been criticising them for! :-D But I cannot criticise them for completely abandoning the whole idea and rendering any money spent on t-shirts "lost" as this hasn't happened yet. It's an understandable emotional reaction, but does not sit on solid facts.

Anyway, if any of them have read any of this then they'll have got the message ;)

#45 Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 30 March 2014 - 15:16

These people make games, not t-shirts. It stands to reason that doing something for the first time means doing some mistakes, some wrong estimates and frankly just falling a bit out of plan because you never really knew what to reasonably expect when you started the whole thing. They've had a lot going on lately, things I daresay is more important to focus on than a bunch of t-shirts and even if they've not been keeping us entirely up to speed they've so far not given us reason to doubt that they will deliver what they said they would.

This whole thing requires some faith and the lack of it is disturbing (no it's not, I actually don't care but I can't let SW-refrences fly past me like that). RTG deserves some faith, and I'm giving ot to them.

• Jedi Leo, Chocobo_sage, Teller and 9 others like this

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Finding yourself is brilliant! You desert everybody, abandon your responsibilities and relationships, and focus completely on your own personal misery. It's a douche for the soul.

#46 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 31 March 2014 - 13:03

wow, there really is a lot fo vitreol on this. Calm guys, good things come to those who wait ;)

• Jedi Leo likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#47 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 23:15

Thank-you to the RTG team (or the one person whop actually writes the updates!) for the most recent communication. T-shirts still in boxes in Poland! Good to have the heads-up. Tack så mycket! You still have a way to go to exhaust my patience. I ordered a handmade guitar 3 years ago and the guy is still "almost finished". Kära nån!

• popcorngal likes this

#48 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 00:41

Good to have an explanation of what is happening at last, so thanks for that guys.
Let us hope we continue to be informed, so we avoid the weekends craziness on the board. I don't think that was much fun for anyone.

#49 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:31

needless to say I strongly disagree. They have stopped giving delivery dates all together now.

If you say your going to do something 3-4 times, and each time fail to do so, expect to be criticised.

Hi!

We absolutely expect to be criticised for not delivering. In fact, if you could be a fly on the wall here at Red Thread Games, you'd hear us criticising ourselves for the delays. We don't mind backers speaking up and asking for updates — it's in their right to do so — but hopefully we can avoid vitriol and personal attacks, both on the forum and elsewhere. If anyone has a complaint, please feel free to contact us directly, and we will try our best to accommodate you (and everyone else!) to the best of our abilities. You're more likely to get an answer that way than to post your complaints on the forum!

And of course your money isn't gone: the T-shirts are coming, and I wish I could tell you all exactly what's been going on and why, but it's a mix of technical and logistical errors, Kickstarter-to-Backerkit migration, address changes and size selection delays, with some personal (and personnel) issues to top it all off. And yes, these are all merely explanations, not excuses, and we're as upset as you are (maybe more!) that it's taken as long as it has.

The reason we haven't given out a delivery date lately is because we're sick of promising and not delivering. So right now we're trying to figure out how to get all the shipping labels in place and the shirts — or at least most of the shirts — out the door as soon as possible. I'm personally taking a hands-on approach to this now, and I'm meeting with our distributor later this week to hopefully get them all the information we need: the issue is on our side, of course, and not theirs.

As soon as we have more information about the shirts — and the other pending Kickstarter rewards — we will let you all know: both here, in a Kickstarter update, and wherever else it's appropriate to do so.

Thanks for reading!

Ragnar

• Tina, Jedi Leo, Chocobo_sage and 13 others like this

#50 Jedi Leo

Jedi Leo

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationDenmark and A galaxy far away

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:19

I don´t mind waiting cuz I know my money is in the best of hands. I have full trust in the RTG team, had not I had that I would have never pledged, let alone pledged the amount I have. 

Yes delays ARE frustrating for all parties involved, but I know RTG is doing the best they can and it is enough for me. Also better do things right than do them rushed is a motto I always go in for.

• popcorngal likes this

The Lion, flying supersonic, spreading light through the galaxies, Jedi Master, protector of dreams and creator of the Perv On tag

Twitter @JediPrinceLeo

#51 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 14:26

Hi!

Hi !!

Thanks very much for replying in person, I really do appreciate that.

I'd quickly like to point out, its not so much that its taking such a long time, or that dates given have been missed. Its more that these dates have come and gone with no explanations given even month after. Couple that with missing a kickstarter update where we would expect to be informed.

We are all pretty forgiving souls here when we feel informed :)

...but hopefully we can avoid vitriol and personal attacks, both on the forum and elsewhere.

To my knowledge I never have, and I couldn't agree more that it shouldn't be permitted.

If anyone has a complaint, please feel free to contact us directly, and we will try our best to accommodate you (and everyone else!) to the best of our abilities. You're more likely to get an answer that way than to post your complaints on the forum!

I did consider making a more formal complaint via email, but I really don't want to do that. I am sure it would get tiresome replying to every backer asking where their t-shirt and forum badge is. If I can find the appropriate email address, I will keep that in mind however :)

on the plus side, at least I got though a whole post with out bitching about releasing the game on that crappy Wii U...
.... balance be cursed.. I just did ;)

#52 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 April 2014 - 17:21

I don´t mind waiting cuz I know my money is in the best of hands. I have full trust in the RTG team, had not I had that I would have never pledged, let alone pledged the amount I have. 

Yes delays ARE frustrating for all parties involved, but I know RTG is doing the best they can and it is enough for me. Also better do things right than do them rushed is a motto I always go in for.

I actually haven't even felt any frustration. Maybe because I just truly trust RTG, and that they really are working on it as they said. Maybe that's a little naive, and we really can't expect everyone to do the same, but still.

• Tina, Jedi Leo, popcorngal and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#53 phvolt220

phvolt220

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:04

Hey, semi-lurker here.

I just wanted to say that ever since I did Kickstarter I always kept in mind that delays will eventually happen and have done that with every project I ever backed, so I don't have a problem with the ongoing ventures of the t-shirts. I'm even prepared to accept that we'll probably not even get the game in November and probably be waiting as much as a Summer 2015 release. (heaven forbid...) lol :)

• Tina, trentjaspar and Dmm like this

#54 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 06 April 2014 - 17:30

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Yes, we're definitely better at making games than we are at producing merchandise. Thank GOD, because otherwise, y'know, we'd be in deep s**t.

(Wait, can we curse here? Anyone? Who runs this half-assed operation anyw— Wait, it's us, isn't it. We run it. So we CAN curse. In that case: deep, ahem, SHIT!)

The reason behind the delay(s) is a bit more nuanced than us sucking at the logistics of manufacturing and sending out T-shirts, however, and some day I promise to regale you with the whole sordid, sorry tale. But that day is not today. Or if it is, it's not right now, because I'm about to eat dinner and I've had a tepid glass of Riesling and I'm feeling a bit sleepy.

But I'm rambling (it's the wine). We're THIS close to sorting out a whole bunch of Kickstarter rewards now, and we'll update all of our backers in the coming days. Including the T-shirts which, as far as I've been informed, will start shipping THIS COMING WEEK. Whether all of them will ship at once (probably not), and how long it will take (a while), I'm not quite sure yet, but when I find out you will be the firs— wait, no, the…um. You'll be the seventeenth-and-counting people to find out.

SEVENTEENTH! That's less than eighteenth, at least. Happy times!

So, yeah, stay tuned.

I'm going to finish off this glass of lukewarm white wine, eat dinner, and watch The Trip to Italy now. Goodbye.

Ragnar

• Tina, Teller, Edreamer Jamil and 6 others like this

#55 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 17:40

T-shirts which, as far as I've been informed, will start shipping THIS COMING WEEK.

Thanks very much for letting us know, even on a Sunday and all :)
I could get used to this actually knowing whats going on lark ;)

#56 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:05

Sordid, sorry tales are fun. Afterwards :D

Plus you can craft them into fiction and claim you just came up with it yourself. "No wayyyyy," gasps the reader. "How did he come up with that?" The power of imagination, my friend. *whistles* :rolleyes:

#57 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:45

Thanks for the kind words, all.

Yes, we're definitely better at making games than we are at producing merchandise. Thank GOD, because otherwise, y'know, we'd be in deep s**t.

(Wait, can we curse here? Anyone? Who runs this half-assed operation anyw— Wait, it's us, isn't it. We run it. So we CAN curse. In that case: deep, ahem, SHIT!)

The reason behind the delay(s) is a bit more nuanced than us sucking at the logistics of manufacturing and sending out T-shirts, however, and some day I promise to regale you with the whole sordid, sorry tale. But that day is not today. Or if it is, it's not right now, because I'm about to eat dinner and I've had a tepid glass of Riesling and I'm feeling a bit sleepy.

But I'm rambling (it's the wine). We're THIS close to sorting out a whole bunch of Kickstarter rewards now, and we'll update all of our backers in the coming days. Including the T-shirts which, as far as I've been informed, will start shipping THIS COMING WEEK. Whether all of them will ship at once (probably not), and how long it will take (a while), I'm not quite sure yet, but when I find out you will be the firs— wait, no, the…um. You'll be the seventeenth-and-counting people to find out.

SEVENTEENTH! That's less than eighteenth, at least. Happy times!

So, yeah, stay tuned.

I'm going to finish off this glass of lukewarm white wine, eat dinner, and watch The Trip to Italy now. Goodbye.

Ragnar

Did you finish the glass or bottle? ;) JK, we appreciate the update and all the hard work done so far guys! Keep it up! And damn right you deserve a tipple after all that :)

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#58 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1939 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 08 April 2014 - 16:00

Ragnar must still be drunk.  It must only have been in a drunken haze that he would post another update in such short of time and it's all about T-shirts!  Go now my children, go!

https://www.kickstar...ey/posts/803966

• Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and DiskJunky like this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#59 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 16:56

Ragnar must still be drunk.  It must only have been in a drunken haze that he would post another update in such short of time and it's all about T-shirts!  Go now my children, go!

https://www.kickstar...ey/posts/803966

:blink: Can't read it. I didn't contribute on kickstarter (not for lack of wanting to - I hadn't heard of DFC in time). I'm a Backerkit guy

#60 Jecica

Jecica

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1500 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted 08 April 2014 - 16:58

:blink: Can't read it. I didn't contribute on kickstarter (not for lack of wanting to - I hadn't heard of DFC in time). I'm a Backerkit guy

Here you go, courtesy of TIna: http://redthreadgame...irts/#entry9628

• Tina, Chocobo_sage, Teller and 2 others like this

"We have seen it all, yes, and we remember. We remember because we pass the stories on, from Harbinger of the Balance to A Rubber Ducky, throughout the centuries. Do you want to hear one of our stories?
Ask us, ask. Ask about
the Pizza, the Thief and the Time..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users