#401 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:40

I sadly left my men's Wonkers white T-shirt behind in my room in a hotel in Seville last September (thankfully I still have my other ones)

It's possibly still there in their lost property dept. So if someone wishes to make the effort to obtain it from them you can have it
feel free to message me if somebody seriously wishes to try this ;)
  • Tina and agirlnamedbob like this

#402 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 August 2015 - 13:41

(Liked for the visualization of someone else getting hold of it, not for you forgetting it) ;)

• Edreamer Jamil and agirlnamedbob like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#403 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 14:43

I wonder how the copyright for the Tshirts is handled.

If Funcom own the license, including characters like Zoe April and Crow, will RTG have to pay royalties for each shirt to Funcom?

After all RTG are just leasing the license. They don't own the copyright for the characters...

#404 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 07 August 2015 - 17:45

I wonder how the copyright for the Tshirts is handled.

If Funcom own the license, including characters like Zoe April and Crow, will RTG have to pay royalties for each shirt to Funcom?

After all RTG are just leasing the license. They don't own the copyright for the characters...

There is only the balance symbol that counts for anything.

You cant copyright crow, its just an generic looking bird. The voice is what makes crow... crow.
Zoe and April were never on any t-shirts. Hell, I would have bought 3 April t-shirts if they had them.
Licensing tends to stipulate what your going to do with it. Film, game, merchandise etc

The art work on the t-shirts was all RTG art work.

Must say, I love my balance t-shirt. I wear it as much as I can. Work... going out etc... My damn linkedin page has me wearing it.

#405 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2878 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 07 August 2015 - 18:08

The t-shirt tag does say "Dreamfall and The Longest Journey logo are regulated trademarks of Funcom" and has the Funcom logo in addition to the RedThread logo, at least. So I'm assuming that there at least was some agreement in place when the T-shirts were announced and made.

I'm not sure how much RTG made from the T-shirts though. But some of the cost may have gone towards Funcom. Unless they were very nice and said "as long as we get the logo on it, and you say it's our trademark, it's okay. Good luck with the Kickstarter!".

I would think that if RTG were to offer more T-shirts for sale at some point, Funcom would have to get something from that.

But yeah, just speculating :)
  • Crowboy likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users