#1 Comet

Comet

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 13:24

Hi,

I've been trying to play Dreamfall on my Nvidia Shield Tablet but the game can't detect my gamepad.

Could you please add support for it in game?

I think the problem is that the game tries to check available gamepads when you launch the game, but once you're in game it can't "detect" devices be it virtual gamepads or not.

#2 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 29 October 2014 - 13:48

Regarding when the game can "detect" gamepads connected: This is a limitation of the Unity engine. Unity cannot detect newly connected devices while running in playmode (aka. running the game). Therefore you have to plug in your gamepad before launching the game for it to be detected and usable.

Seeing as you are trying to play the game on your Nvidia Shield Tablet (and I recon the game is streamed from your computer), it should still work in the same way as playing the game directly on your computer.

However, since the game is not currently using Exclusive Fullscreen mode, this might cause some issues while trying to stream to another device. We are currently testing using Exclusive Fullscreen, but do not have an ETA on when this might be added, as it has caused some issues in the past.

Hope this helps. :)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#3 Entwineryche

Entwineryche

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 21:16

Any update on this? Still running into this myself. Other games built on the same Unity engine work fine on the Nvidia Shield TV Console. I really wish this could be fixed soon.

#4 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 March 2016 - 14:05

No, you'd have to wait until we've released the finished version of the game. We have plans to improve the input logic in what you'd might call the "complete edition", but we don't have the time or resources to do it at this point, unfortunately.

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users