69 replies to this topic

#41 Vallikat

Vallikat

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 15:36

So I'm technically not suposed to make any purchases on my ipad since it is owned by my job ("we'll purchase you what we think you need anything else you can only get if it is free").  However I would be very tempted to "oops" on that rule for this.  Of course the reason they say that about purchases is because I don't own it so if they should ever take it away from me, they don't want me coming back and saying "no!  you owe me moneys for the things I bought!!!"  But I wouldn't do that, would I?

#42 Icy

Icy

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 23:20

The diamonds indicate you can swipe across. Alternatively, you can eliminate the options one by one, clearing room for the later options.

GAH! I blame it on my PC exclusive history. I tried tapping, I tried everything. The kind person at Funcom did get back to me and explained that very politely.

Just something else to be aware of, if you turn on the time skipping, April can get stuck in a section of The Bridges area as she comes out of the Border House.  Just be careful when she enters that area and you should be fine.

Also, if you have it, don't forget to rate it on the Apps Store if you love it!

• wandrew likes this

#43 br305893

br305893

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationFairfield, CT, USA

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:10

Wow, how did I not know about this until right now? Might do a replay of TLJ after I finish Book One of DFC.

#44 Roper

Roper

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 14:49

A giveaway that Funcom started with the app a long time ago is that they still support iOS 4.3. Though, I'm glad that they didn't change that for release as most new apps these days require iOS 7 or even 8 and thus exclude devices like the iPad1 which only supports iOS5. 

I'm just hoping that Funcom won't wait too long and also releases the app on other app stores so I can throw my money at them. I kind of like the idea of having TLJ with me at all times. 

How is the save system handled in the app? Are you still able to create as many save games as you'd like? I'm really hoping that this is the case so that after a playthrough, you'd be able to go back to any chapter at any time to replay parts of the game as you desire. 

#45 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:15

Hmm, the Kool Kow conversation with Minelli is all automated now. Not sure this bothers me too much, as I was able to sit back and watch it all on my TV (I think my wife was driving the game at that point).

#46 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:29

Hmm, the Kool Kow conversation with Minelli is all automated now. Not sure this bothers me too much, as I was able to sit back and watch it all on my TV (I think my wife was driving the game at that point).

Odd. I wonder why they'd care to change it.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#47 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:53

Well when my tablet gets back from Best Buy's Geek Squad I know what I'm doing with it.

#48 Hemi-Cuda

Hemi-Cuda

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 22:18

Not really, just what we've seen in the AA Patch. Font for subtitles is more vanilla, but the diary font is the same. Oh, and Ragnar's intro and outro, do course.

Backgrounds look good on my TV, though.

Which AA patch are you referring to? Is this something we can use for the PC version to get better visuals?

#49 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 November 2014 - 22:42

Yep. It's fan made, but does pretty much the same thing (although I can't attest to it's quality on my TV :)). I'm not sure where you can find it these days. Our long-lost brother GyRo wrote a post on it over here, which I think says that the AA patch only works on the 4CD version while you should be able to use a graphics card-based solution on the 2CD/DVD/Steam version.

I think the Remastered one managed to save an extra font whose kerning was aliased out by the unoffical AA patch. And: yes, I just used a bunch of made up words incorrectly and there's nothing you can do about it! :evilwonk:

#50 DecentDreamer

DecentDreamer

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:05

AHHH finally. Now maybe I can push myself to play it; I have it on PC but could never force myself through it.

#51 epmode

epmode

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 17:05

Is there any update on the American release? I've been checking the app store every day!

#52 Roper

Roper

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 16:16

I noticed they released an update to the iOS version. Anyone major changes?

I reported that the TLJ forums had been overrun by a spammer and reporting that to Funcom, I also asked about a hint on a release in Germany and while they got back to me fast, as expected they didn't give me any clues. 

Sebastian

#53 Jerry234

Jerry234

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 22:22

It seems it has been released worldwide now (at least, it's available over here in Belgium)! :)
  • khh likes this

#54 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 24 November 2014 - 23:04

It seems it has been released worldwide now (at least, it's available over here in Belgium)! :)

And in the UK too - 'bout time !
Bought and left a review. Nice way to introduce TLJ to my friends and family over Xmas

#55 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:42

USA, too, apparently.

Anybody played it yet?  Any reports back on how much new commentary from Ragnar there is?

#56 Roper

Roper

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:52

Yay! It's in the German App Store as well. Though, it's the same release as the English version with no German subs or voice over as far as I can tell. Since I prefer the English version, it's fine with me.

One think that irritates me a bit, is that the game only supports one of the two landscape orientations on my iPad. I'm hoping Funcom fixes that as it seems silly that you can't hold your device as you'd like to, especially if you have a case with a stand on it.

I did try to get my PC save games to work, but even though the file formats are similar, the game crashes when I try loading a PC save. I have the digital download from the Funcom store. The iOS version seems to be based on the two disc edition. Not sure what the differences between these two are or if the save files just differ for the iOS version.

I also noticed that there are a couple of Android icons in the game folder. So maybe Funcom is / was also working on an Android version.

#57 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 November 2014 - 13:11

https://itunes.apple...red/id588470809

#58 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 19:55

So.....  Exactly HOW is it a remastered version?  Looks like a pretty straightforward port to me.

#59 Roper

Roper

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 00:25

So..... Exactly HOW is it a remastered version? Looks like a pretty straightforward port to me.

Not sure much was changed, but the game simply looks great on my iPad with its retina display (2048 px wide or something like that), which is like more than 3 times the original resolution it ran on PC (at 640x480 px).
  • Edreamer Jamil likes this

#60 somaen

somaen

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 01:11

So I'm technically not suposed to make any purchases on my ipad since it is owned by my job ("we'll purchase you what we think you need anything else you can only get if it is free").  However I would be very tempted to "oops" on that rule for this.  Of course the reason they say that about purchases is because I don't own it so if they should ever take it away from me, they don't want me coming back and saying "no!  you owe me moneys for the things I bought!!!"  But I wouldn't do that, would I?

You do know that it is feasible to have apps bought from different accounts on the same iPad, right?

So, you could create your own App Store account, and buy it there, then you should atleast be able to transfer it from a computer (without any added fuss about switching active accounts on the iPad itself).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users