69 replies to this topic

#21 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:47

I think that it isn't concidence that Dreamfall Chapters and The Longest Journey iOS released at the same time. Funcom and RTG are still in good relations. Its great, just great!

• WorldsReunited, TalkingOak and CosmicD like this

#22 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:54

I hope it's released in Norway soon, want this for my iPad!

#23 OptoNick

OptoNick

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:00

I'm totally not into mobile gaming but would buy Android version if it will be released eventually, just for the collection :)

• TalkingOak likes this

#24 Eve Neimanta

Eve Neimanta

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationLondon, United Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2014 - 13:17

I am so incredibly excited about this. I can't wait for this to be released here in the UK - I even tried changing Apple Stores to see if I could sneakily purchase the current version, but no luck. I would absolutely love to have this on my iPad because I haven't been able to make TLJ work on my Mac at all and i miss this game so much.

#25 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:21

All I wanna know is why IOS devices..this seems to be the new fad these days. They did this for Tomb Raider 1 also but that actually got remastered for real..this doesn't look like it was really touched.

jHevh80.jpg

#26 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:02

The why is simple: money. It is a huge, unexplored market.

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#27 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:04

(hmm, android...?)

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#28 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:07

Statistics show (or that is what I read at least) that the profits from the Apple store are many times greater than from Google's store, not to mention that in the latter you have to test and optimize the game for a huge variety of devices.

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#29 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:10

I would like an android version as well. But if they started 4 years ago, Apple was quite ahead of the rest of the tablet market, I think. I don't think Funcom will go ahead and make an android version unless they earn a lot of money on the iOS one.. Although I don't know the programming differences between the two OS's, so I don't know how much work (=money) it will take for them. Because I do feel that Funcom will need "proof of profit" before doing anything more.
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#30 mrKnask

mrKnask

Harbinger of the Balance

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2319 posts
  • LocationOslo-ish, Norway

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:17

Hehe I know, just had to... :P

Affirmative, I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and follow you to our next stop
on our depressing journey, what is your command human? How will I be tested now....?

#31 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:43

Hoo boy! I've pushed it up to my Apple TV. The Guardian's wang in all its intended glory!..

It's not as big as I remember.
  • Tina, Edreamer Jamil, WorldsReunited and 8 others like this

#32 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:56

Excellent wandrew! So, are there any noticeable differences in the iOS version? 

#33 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 October 2014 - 11:12

Not really, just what we've seen in the AA Patch. Font for subtitles is more vanilla, but the diary font is the same. Oh, and Ragnar's intro and outro, do course.

Backgrounds look good on my TV, though.

#34 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:24

What Ragnar said in outro?

#35 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 October 2014 - 13:01

Have to finish the game first! Rather nasty bug with the rubber ducky. Appears to stay inflated but isn't really. Have emailed Funcom, May have to start over. *sigh*
  • urzagc13 likes this

#36 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 October 2014 - 13:13

Have to finish the game first! Rather nasty bug with the rubber ducky. Appears to stay inflated but isn't really. Have emailed Funcom, May have to start over. *sigh*

As if that puzzle wasn't hard enough already. 

I would like an android version as well. But if they started 4 years ago, Apple was quite ahead of the rest of the tablet market, I think. I don't think Funcom will go ahead and make an android version unless they earn a lot of money on the iOS one.. Although I don't know the programming differences between the two OS's, so I don't know how much work (=money) it will take for them. Because I do feel that Funcom will need "proof of profit" before doing anything more.

Well, that depends on how they did it. If they just updated the engine to run with OpenGL ES, and kept the interface code is still cleanly separated, then it wouldn't be a huge problem to get it running on Android as well. But getting it running well on all major brands? That'd probably cost more.

• WorldsReunited likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#37 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 30 October 2014 - 13:14

Lol, did you buy "The Longest Journey: Revenge of the Rubber Ducky" instead?

• wandrew, Crow's fan and Pawlo_86 like this

#38 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 October 2014 - 20:57

"Oh, you think you've got me solved? I'll solve you!"

• Crow's fan and mrKnask like this

#39 Icy

Icy

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:10

I have it (I'm from Australia) and it looks great and plays well but unfortunately there is a game breaking bug. :(

When April first travels to Arcadia the conversation with the Priest of the Balance doesn't work. There are only 3 of the 5 conversation options shown, and the one you need to choose isn't one of the first 3. There are two little diamond things at the bottom of the screen I assume are meant to switch you to more coversations options but nothing happens when I click. I've reported it to Funcom though their help form, but got a "TSW" auto-response.  It also looks like I'm not the only one who has the issue.

Hopefully they'll fix it soon.  I've had a few other little issues which I've reported as well, but that's the big one.

#40 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:34

The diamonds indicate you can swipe across. Alternatively, you can eliminate the options one by one, clearing room for the later options.
  • Edreamer Jamil and Icy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users