• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pixeldream

Pixeldream

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:02

I just realized something. I don't care much for gaming these days, although I did play Indigo Prophecy (Fahrenheit) / Heavy Rain / Beyond: Two Souls, and they're cool.

The TLJ saga is pretty much in my veins. I have all these responsibilities nowadays as an adult. Things to get done, things to make up my mind about. There isn't much room for fantasy gaming nowadays. But every time I play TLJ or even Dreamfall, or even listen to the soundtrack.. I feel young again. I feel exactly like that 13 year old kid who had no real worries, who was discovering this magical world of TLJ. Getting lost in the world of Arcadia and Stark.

No other game has ever done this to me. Save for maybe Blade Runner and the Monkey Island games to a lesser extent. I turned to Quantic Dreams' games which are great, but now that Chapters is out.. holy shit. Ragnar is a genius. It feels surreal. I can't even play from Europolis on but I don't care. I'm in that universe again. I know I'll play it in a week or so when a patch comes out, or when I have upgraded my graphics card. I'm in it. I'm living the dream: Dreamfall Chapters is here.

I don't care how long it takes for the other books to come out. I don't care when TLJ Home comes out. I'm 27 years old now. If TLJ home comes out in 15 years from now, I'll play it. I don't care how old I'll be. I may have totally abandoned video games, but the moment a new TLJ/Dreamfall game comes out, my mind is only on one thing: being in that world.

One love. Everyone who remembers, who loves TLJ. I will never forget.

• Teller, Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal and 8 others like this

#2 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:07

remember remember the 21st of october.

#3 mwyatt139

mwyatt139

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 05:20

I loved it so much when I was younger. I'm 25 now and replaying it :)

#4 Njorun

Njorun

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 May 2016 - 20:03

I feel the same way. I was 14 when I played TLJ for the first time and no other game beats it. In fact, not many other stories beats the TLJ saga. It's a world I will never stop loving! And as a kid back then I kind of hoped it was real and that I could find my way into Arcadia... maybe I still hope to find such a place..

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, Nathanael and 1 other like this

#5 mwyatt139

mwyatt139

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 02:45

I feel the same way. I was 14 when I played TLJ for the first time and no other game beats it. In fact, not many other stories beats the TLJ saga. It's a world I will never stop loving! And as a kid back then I kind of hoped it was real and that I could find my way into Arcadia... maybe I still hope to find such a place..

*smiles sheepishly* I wanted a doorway to Hogwarts or into Sabrina's world. Or Code Lyoko lol

• Njorun likes this

#6 merryawe

merryawe

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 May 2016 - 08:40

And as a kid back then I kind of hoped it was real and that I could find my way into Arcadia... maybe I still hope to find such a place..

*smiles sheepishly* I wanted a doorway to Hogwarts or into Sabrina's world. Or Code Lyoko lol

Reminds me of the good old times (well, not so good really) when I'd go to my boarding house's empty club-room to shove myself into an old closet in hope of getting some quiet  out to Narnia.

#7 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3063 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 11:48

And I was hoping I'd get lost in a forest and end up in Hyrule's Lost Woods. :P

#8 Jelena

Jelena

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationKosovska Mitrovica, Kosovo/Serbia

Posted 17 June 2016 - 17:33

I know how you feel, but to me - TLJ saga hits home, especially because of the political aspect in the story. This is like a futuristic version of what my country is going through: the media manipulation; criminals running for presidents; not being able to have your own voice as a citizen; the government trying to silence everyone who speaks/tries anything against them; etc. On the other hand, the fantasy that is blended with this story gives me what it gives you. I'm not saying that I mind the political aspect - I actually don't, I think it's brilliant and important to be included in all kinds of arts where people can express their thoughts on it. The overall story means so much to me, and the political aspect is probably one of the reasons, among many others. I'm 26 years old and I'm not a hardcore gamer, but when I first encountered this game, it *had* me. I first found out about Dreamfall: TLJ and I've replayed it many times until I decided to play the original TLJ while waiting for DFC. I don't know what I'm gonna do with my life when the saga ends, but if it in fact continues in 10-20 years, you bet your ass I'm gonna be into it, regardless of how old I'll be.

• merryawe and Starseeker like this

#9 cheshirekat101

cheshirekat101

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 July 2016 - 17:25

Strangely enough, I get this too, but for April's Stark. Being in North America in the technological future at the height of summer, in a chilled out area of a busy city, with a scholarship at a cool underrated art school is the dream :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users