• Please log in to reply
726 replies to this topic

#21 grantprobst

grantprobst

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:23

Ragnar, you wonderful bastard, this news pleases me greatly!

(and I appreciate everything you and your team have done to turn this dream into a reality)

The Longest Journey / Dreamfall franchise, is truly a magical world.

And it is a privilege to finally be able to return to it.

Now, with a 64bit version, the ability to toggle shadows and depth of field, plus the other mentioned optimizations,

I should be able to play this game in a way that more closely resembles the immersion which I am sure you were shooting for all along.

Can't wait to play Book One again (and with style, this time!).

Keep up the great work, and keep the dream alive, friends (otherwise the undreaming will eat you!).

So, this is a long overdue "Thank You" for the countless hours of enjoyment and wonder from which your intriguing games (and writing style) have inspired.

Always.

-grant probst

• DiskJunky and Tiago like this

#22 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:54

Thank You Ragnar and RTG for your feedback as well. I got answer to support mail. My system isn't very good but with LOW VQ and 640x480 resolution i have a lot of framerate issues. Europolis is near unplayble. I hope so that patch will fix some of it and i will be finally able to replay Book 1 and walking around Europolis to find easter eggs and listen conversations between Europolis citizens.

Good Luck with 1.1 and Book Two! :)

#23 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:30

Hi Ragnar,

Can you confirm you are addressing the bug when returning to europolis in save game and game crashes on 32bit windows?

Anyone having this bug can't play at all and there's no known workaround except replace computer... :(

#24 genervt

genervt

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:09

hear, hear! That should make the onboarding for many easier. But i recommend playing the games first hand or at least watch a let´s play. There is so much to miss!

#25 SadoMazOMGie

SadoMazOMGie

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • LocationAriamis' Painted World

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:53

Ragnar Lothbrok has nothing on you!

Looking forward to the patch! Love the commitment that RTG shows!

Game accounts: EvolveSteam

Add me! Don't be shy!
infinitemouthbynanameta.gifCall me Pan and DON'T awaken the Mustakrakish in me!

↑ Work in progress. If you think the gif makes you lag, tell me and I'll replace it with a smaller version/remove it.

Super Mario-o RPG, it is the only one just for me, when I play the game I get lost in a phase, then I find out I'm stuck in Geno's Maze.

#26 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:57

Can you confirm you are addressing the bug when returning to europolis in save game and game crashes on 32bit windows?

Anyone having this bug can't play at all and there's no known workaround except replace computer... :(

Thats not strictly true unless you are still running an old 32bit single core cpu, in which case you couldnt play the game anyway.
You are free to install the 64 bit version of windows as long as you have a valid license. Or linux for that matter.

#27 addik

addik

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:11

I have been patiently waiting for the patch and I'm surprised how quick the response was! Thanks, Ragnar and RTG team! Can't wait to finally finish Book 1

Good luck with the patch and with Book 2 and beyond!

#28 pazzer

pazzer

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:28

Hopefully it fixes things and doesn't introduce more bugs.

#29 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:44

Hopefully it fixes things and doesn't introduce more bugs.

It will undoubtedly introduce some new bugs, but the fixes are major, so in total things should get better.

#30 Swan

Swan

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 October 2014 - 13:26

Excellent news! Hopefully the patch will fix issues on Macs running Yosemite, since judging from the discussion over at the support forum the game can't be finished at the moment with Yosemite. It would be very nice to join the story discussion.  :)

#31 Thalon

Thalon

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 13:46

Nice to hear the good news, I was just waiting for the patch to install DC and play it for the first time, the wait was really killing me :)

#32 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 October 2014 - 14:16

Hi Ragnar,

Well, they found a possible culprit where on loading the game in an edge case could start looking up registry values every frame. But I can't say if that was your problem or not.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#33 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 15:43

Thats not strictly true unless you are still running an old 32bit single core cpu, in which case you couldnt play the game anyway.
You are free to install the 64 bit version of windows as long as you have a valid license. Or linux for that matter.

So you want me to take the family computer and either

1. install linux on it or

2. buy a license to a heavier windows OS that requires more RAM

All of that to overcome a bug in the game?

Sure I can do that... :wacko:

#34 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 15:46

Well, they found a possible culprit where on loading the game in an edge case could start looking up registry values every frame. But I can't say if that was your problem or not.

As I said countless times, It reproduces 100% of the time on my machine. I can and am willing to help investigate this issue. All you need to do is send me a message with what you need.

This is a very cruel bug... :(

#35 Pekka

Pekka

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 October 2014 - 16:24

This patch is good great news! I haven't had any crashes or serious bugs, but the game does run a bit sluggishly, so any fixes that improve performance are more than welcome. :)

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

- Axel Oxenstierna (1583 - 1654)

#36 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 28 October 2014 - 16:28

As I said countless times, It reproduces 100% of the time on my machine. I can and am willing to help investigate this issue. All you need to do is send me a message with what you need.

This is a very cruel bug... :(

I'm just a moderator on the forums. I don't have access to the codebase, and I don't actually know what more - if anything - is needed to diagnose the bug.

But here's a link to the thread in question, if any of the devs want to take a look.

• DiskJunky likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#37 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 28 October 2014 - 16:42

I'm just a moderator on the forums. I don't have access to the codebase, and I don't actually know what more - if anything - is needed to diagnose the bug.

But here's a link to the thread in question, if any of the devs want to take a look.

Perhaps rerunning the game, letting it crash and taking a look at the game and windows event logs might shed some light on what's going on here? I have no access to the codebase either but if we can get an error message it could help narrow down the issue at least.

• khh likes this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#38 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 16:55

2. buy a license to a heavier windows OS that requires more RAM

who said anything about buying. A valid license that works for the 32 bit version works for the 64 bit one. As far as I know there are 64 bit versions of win8, windows 7 and even windows xp. With xp being a dead os now, I dont know how it works reinstalling and activating it.

I don't want you to do anything. Just pointing out buying a new machine isnt the only option. I didnt know anything about your options, situation or what you know.

• Mr Moo likes this

#39 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1572 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 28 October 2014 - 17:05

Did XP ever go 64-bit? Vista / W7 / W8 all exist in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. W7 and W8 give you the choice of installing either version.

#40 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 17:10

Did XP ever go 64-bit?

yep. First none (microsoft)Server OS to do so. It may have just been the pro edition that was 64 bit tbh. But its a dead os now, so its not really a viable option anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users