Photo
- - - - -

crash to desktop

Best Answer Morten , 27 October 2014 - 20:17

Yup! Was an edge case where the game seemed to try to get some data from registry every single frame.. Which is not good :P

However, a pretty rare edge case, but we've fixed it. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Revan67

Revan67

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:38

So I started up the game yesterday, was able to walk around for a bit and examine things near zoe's bed. Then I clicked on the chart and I crashed, I uploaded the output log to pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/q6wF6hSn

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7104 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:35

Hey,

The standard thing to try for crashes is to set the game to low graphics and restart it. If that doesn't work, make sure your drivers are up to date.

What are your system specs, and what OS are you playing on?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 Revan67

Revan67

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:43

Windows 8.1 64 bit

32gb ram

3 gig radeon r9 200 series

Yea I have the latest ati drivers, will try setting the graphics like you said when I get home from work.

• khh likes this

#4 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 October 2014 - 14:34

Is this something that happens specifically when you click the chart? Does this happen every time you click it or is this a one-time occurrence?

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We've fixed the issue, and this should be updated in the coming patch.

• khh and yodagreen3 like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#5 Revan67

Revan67

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 18:36

Found something in the output file then?

#6 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1058 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 October 2014 - 20:17   Best Answer

Yup! Was an edge case where the game seemed to try to get some data from registry every single frame.. Which is not good :P

However, a pretty rare edge case, but we've fixed it. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. :)

• yodagreen3, Tiago, peano314 and 1 other like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#7 Revan67

Revan67

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 21:54

Perfect, not a problem. I am happy to help, especially if it helps me play the game.

#8 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 22:37

RTG is my favorite, betest video game company in the world. ( Not to sound retarded :D  I am actually in an Art History seminar class right now and doing well in it., it's all relative. I just have shitty social skills. )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users