• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 magritte

magritte

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:37

Personally, I've never really been a fan of lens flare effects in computer graphics.  I'd rather see Europolis as the human eye would see it than as a camera would see it.  

#42 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11228 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 09 December 2014 - 18:47

I think it's a personal preference thing.

I can see why they would bug people. On the other hand, I legitimately didn't even notice them until they were pointed out to me, so apparently they just don't bother me that much.

But I totally respect that some people hate them or even have light sensitivities. Which is why I'm glad they put in the toggle option. I don't want anyone to hate the game because of something like a lens flare, or worse, have to worry about the game triggering migraines or seizures. 

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#43 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2096 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 December 2014 - 20:19

But I totally respect that some people hate them or even have light sensitivities. Which is why I'm glad they put in the toggle option. I don't want anyone to hate the game because of something like a lens flare, or worse, have to worry about the game triggering migraines or seizures. 

I am highly light sensitive, but to the sun, and very strong artificial lighting (like stage lighting). No computer monitor or TV I'm aware of, is able to output strong enough light to bother my eyes, and I don't suffer from migraines or epilepsy. :) I wear common photochromic glasses all year round. It's not perfect, as my current ones don't darken enough when it's overcast, but it mostly works very well. A wide brimmed hat, like a sombrero, would work vs daylight, but I'm not really a hat person. Not yet, anyway.

On topic: I don't turn off lens flares, and they don't bother me. Might be because that's pretty much how I experience light IRL anyway, so I'm used to it. :P

• agirlnamedbob and Mr_Russ like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users