#1 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:55

Ok so I finished my 1st playthrough and saw that only 12% of us ignored Reza in the apartment. Well I guess all y'all liked him. I don't. I kicked him to the kerb, baby! I don't trust the guy and sorry voice artist but you sound creepy and irritating. Unless that was how you were meant to sound, in which case good job!

I'm playing Zoe like she remembers how Reza was "not Reza" and so I'm going to choose every way I can to distance myself from him. I'm hoping that the consequences will be for them to separate.

Doing a quick 2nd playthrough to see the biolab and I think when I go back to the very start and choose all my "proper" choices that I want to carry forward I will go this route. Kidbot is indeed cute and it seems to have a certain endearingly precocious assertiveness that maybe is inspired by someone's daughter?... :P I just thought that "No, I'm not playing your mum any more, we've stopped that game now" was a very familiar moment in the never-ending guessing game that is "playing with a child", hehe.

Anyway yeah. Reza, see ya wouldn't want to be ya. Maybe there's a way to get with Baruti. He is the "Charlie" of DFC.

• Teller, popcorngal, Silvirish4ever and 8 others like this

#2 somnolentsurfer

somnolentsurfer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:01

I don't know about everyone else, but I did everything I could to antagonise and distance myself from Reza throughout the whole game. Until, at the third chance to reject him in the flat I thought, 'well, I don't want to be a dick about it'. And that one acceptance was what the game remembered.

• agirlnamedbob, Em_TC, aeonfluxx75 and 4 others like this

#3 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:07

I don't know about everyone else, but I did everything I could to antagonise and distance myself from Reza throughout the whole game. Until, at the third chance to reject him in the flat I thought, 'well, I don't want to be a dick about it'. And that one acceptance was what the game remembered.

Not necessarily. We don't know what the sausaquences may be yet. :P 

But yeah, I was antagonistic in the apartment, but I ended up not letting him storm out. Because I'm stupid. Which I think maybe says a lot about me. 

I need to go back and replay to see the other career path, but I think I might go back and "tweak" that choice from my first playthrough before I take it forward into Book Two. 

• wandrew, Valiah, CosmicD and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#4 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1845 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:12

Well I guess all y'all liked him. I don't.

I dont, never have. On my first play though I kinda tried to do what was best for Zoe.
I just did another and ignored him. Hopefully they will split up and I never have to see him again.

• agirlnamedbob and Burns Flipper like this

#5 Mowseler

Mowseler

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:22

My Robotneering path is my "main" play, I guess. I chose to not rock the boat with Reza because I wanted to see how things played out. Despite the fact that he sincerely reminds me of my ex, which is NOT a good thing, any guy who spends every day (or any day) with you while you're in a coma deserves a shot, assuming he really ISN'T a creepy possessed/skin changer. And Zoe seemed to want to give him another shot while in Storytime and under all her mental faculties, so who am I to say no to love?

In my Bioneering path, I took great pleasure in forcing him to eat pork and letting him storm out of the apartment so I could have all the Risotto to myself. And I don't even LIKE cheese. (it looked cheesy).

• Igelwelt likes this
Scheisse! Puta! You've taken my face and you've stepped all over it. I have no face. Look, down there on the ground? That's my face!

VsrfZCn.jpg?1

#6 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:29

The reason I didn't want to upset him because I am afraid of him. Especially because we know that he isn't Reza.

• thearkive, Burns Flipper, Harlequin579 and 2 others like this

#7 Tarquinius

Tarquinius

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationBruges, Belgium

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:39

I didn't trust Reza one bit, but I played along so I wouldn't tip him off. It was kind of weird, but I'm hoping my choices will end up being significant later on.

• aeonfluxx75, Burns Flipper, Harlequin579 and 1 other like this

#8 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:48

I hated Reza. Mostly due to the original Dreamfall. I let him storm off, and good riddance.

#9 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:20

Yay, get your pitchforks here!

pa52f3d519.jpg

I must admit that I replayed the apartment scene several times. The first time I was a dick to him every time, then let him walk out. Then let his risotto burn while I watched the Eurotrash backers.

Then I felt bad about such single-minded evil, so did it again a few times, choosing less antagonistic ways. But it all still led to that one "balance moment". I was hoping he'd say he was annoyed about the sausages, but maybe that is one row that lies in our future. Actually, maybe I could try going to the Synagogue with the pork sausages, that might be fun :P

Anyway, I kissed and made up with Reza and, well we can talk about spoilers here and we all know this already anyway, but it felt wrong to me for her to admit she felt discounted, then kiss and then go for some rumpy-pumpy. It's Zoë, yes, but it's me in her head making her choices. And he don't get no sugar from this girlfriend after saying I'm only in the political thing to give myself something to do. That's like the very definition of a sugar-free situation.

So I went back and ignored him again. This time I even made sure I walked away from him and sat on the couch sulking to punctuate the point. Then gave Wonkers a stroke when he'd gone. Hah, this is so fun!

• popcorngal, Silvirish4ever, thelj and 3 others like this

#10 NomenLuni

NomenLuni

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:58

Yay, get your pitchforks here!

pa52f3d519.jpg

Giving credence to the old saying "Hell hath no fury like a computer game character scorned", eh? :)

• Silvirish4ever, Igelwelt, dmessinger and 1 other like this

#11 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:28

I wouldn't let Zoe be nice to Reza either. He got the sausages for lunch and Zoe walked away from him so he left in a huff. Personally, I wish there would have been an option for her to be a lot more angry. After all, how stable can she really be after only being out of the coma for three months? :)

But I'm wondering whether the choice will cause difficulties in Zoe's shrink sessions. Considering it was Reza who recommended him, he probably is all part of the terrible conspiracy and the shrink might be inclined to alter his treatment in a way that's not very nice. :o  :ph34r:

• Teller likes this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#12 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 697 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:10

First time I spoke to him, because ignoring him wasn't antagonistic enough for me. You can imagine my horror when Zoe got all compliant and the choice was recorded as conciliatory. I redid that quick smart (although I ate his food rather than watching TV). :)

• skadet, agirlnamedbob, popcorngal and 3 others like this

#13 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1283 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:44

I didn't catch that it was Reza who had suggested that doc. A-ha! The thot plickens...

#14 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:14

Reza must die! Preferably in a horrible way. Beheading by ceiling fan coming up?

Reza - Not Reza. Evil, controlling scum!

Doc - Evil Spy Puppet. Not sure who's controlling him, but someone is.

Baruti - Zealot Car Salesman. No way!

Which leaves Zoë with Reza's boss. I don't think he's a puppet though, and he seems very funny. :wub:

• blaster likes this

#15 sheridanmovieguy

sheridanmovieguy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 07:57

I also did everything I could to distance Zoe from him. I'm just mad the game got them back together at all. I didn't like him all that much in the first Dreamfall, as she seemed pretty over him at that point and was only going after him as a friend. I also don't like pre-established relationships in stories all that much. I like to see a romance develop.

I don't really trust the Doc all that much, either. Besides, having a relationship with your therapist is kinda weird and highly unethical (at least for him). Not to mention not super healthy.

In any case, I'm holding out for a possible better third option and maybe some guy (or even gal) might sweep her off her feet. My crackship is with Emma, even though I'm pretty sure her and Zoe are both rather straight. Oh well, if nothing like that comes up it can just be a strong, single Zoe. Holding out most of my hope for April and Kian, anyway.

• DollyDagger and oblivione like this

#16 pazzer

pazzer

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:19

Was hoping would get option to slap Reza or continue the argument. So wasn't happy when they started kissing. Redid that and was glad to see him storm off.

Am puzzled why Zoe is back with Reza anyway.

#17 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:34

I'm not really puzzled as to why Reza and Zoë are back together. She wakes from a coma, with her last memories being her search for Reza. It's not really clear what she remembers clearly, but she obviously remembers him. As they had a long relationship in the past, and everyone she talks to can verify how he's hung around visiting her daily for the last year (even if she doesn't remember herself), I don't find it strange that she gives him a second chance. And by the time she's at the psychologist's office, they have been together for three (for her) confusing months. Easily taken advantage of, as well.

Now, my Zoë picks up on some really bad vibes, so she's hightailing out of that relationship, but I don't find them being together from the get-go to be strange.

• Teller, Valiah, Em_TC and 1 other like this

#18 Alcarmo

Alcarmo

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 26 October 2014 - 08:53

I liked Reza back in Dreamfall, I don´t like Reza in Chapters...

different appearance + different voice + different character = sorry, not interested anymore in him  :) unless....  :lol:

• MisterMetropolis and TheSlayer like this

"The Balance provides. The Balance protects. Trust the Balance, and trust yourself." - Vestrum Tobias

#19 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:09

I also was nice to Reza purely to play along, because I don't trust him. I don't want to tip anyone off about how much Zoe remembers, and how much she doubts. Besides, if he CAN be saved somehow, I think he'd be worth saving - as a friend, if nothing else. Reza was a decent sort in Dreamfall, even if he wasn't romance material. And so far nobody else I've met in the game has made me wanna fling my panties at them.

edit: Was also hanging out for Kian + April, but now I just don't know WHAT to think any more!

• Igelwelt and oblivione like this

#20 sheridanmovieguy

sheridanmovieguy

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:11

edit: Was also hanging out for Kian + April, but now I just don't know WHAT to think any more!

I think SaGa is April and she'll just come back and basically be April again. Maybe with white hair.

• Pylons of Light, Bluejay and MusicSweetly like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users