Photo
- - - - -

Unable to grab the ghost at start...

Best Answer Raiden , 25 October 2014 - 23:03

So, how do I grab it? I'm playing on a reasonably spec'd laptop and everything is perfectly fluid, but I can't for the life of me grab that ghost falling past the bridge. I'm stuck with my mousepad, didn't bring along any external input devices. I hit F to focus, I aim at the ghost, I spam the mousebutton, nothing happens. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

I see you're using the touchpad on the laptop. I had the exact same problem and had to plug in an external mouse to fix it.

I wasted over 30 mins on it thinking that I was doing something wrong and getting quite irritated, but for some reason it just wouldn't respond to the touchpad in that one single specific part of the game. Once a regular mouse was being used she'd start to comment on the dreamer after the first click, and then the actions wheel would appear the next time. Before that I was clicking the touchpad buttons like crazy and got absolutely no effect or feedback.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 norgeek

norgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:34

So, how do I grab it? I'm playing on a reasonably spec'd laptop and everything is perfectly fluid, but I can't for the life of me grab that ghost falling past the bridge. I'm stuck with my mousepad, didn't bring along any external input devices. I hit F to focus, I aim at the ghost, I spam the mousebutton, nothing happens. What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:35

If you look up as she is falling, you will notice the cursor changes at some point before you're supposed to grab her.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 norgeek

norgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:42

It does change to a hand symbol just before passing the railing, but nothing happens regardless of where/when I click either left or right mousebutton.

#4 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Slow down and think about the situation, take a step back and think about it.

• wandrew likes this

#5 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1866 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

To be honest I found this part abit clunkey. If your still having issues read this:

Spoiler

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:44

It does change to a hand symbol just before passing the railing, but nothing happens regardless of where/when I click either left or right mousebutton.

It will change to an amulet before it changes to a hand, if you're looking up at the woman as she falls.

April Ryan is my friend,

#7 norgeek

norgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:47

I don't see an amulet, it goes directly from O to hand-symbol.

#8 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:47

Look up at her (and also try pressing the F button).

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#9 norgeek

norgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:52

Yup, doing that :)

#10 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:54

Yup, doing that :)

This is how it should look. If it doesn't try restarting the game.

• wandrew likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#11 norgeek

norgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 22:59

Restarted it a few times. In the video, like others I've seen, it seems like Zoë first tries to reach out to grab the ghost, then afterwards has to do the slow-motion thing. I never get to the attempted grab in the first place, and I assume the next task (slowmo) isn't unlocked before I manage that.

#12 Raiden

Raiden

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 25 October 2014 - 23:03   Best Answer

I see you're using the touchpad on the laptop. I had the exact same problem and had to plug in an external mouse to fix it.

I wasted over 30 mins on it thinking that I was doing something wrong and getting quite irritated, but for some reason it just wouldn't respond to the touchpad in that one single specific part of the game. Once a regular mouse was being used she'd start to comment on the dreamer after the first click, and then the actions wheel would appear the next time. Before that I was clicking the touchpad buttons like crazy and got absolutely no effect or feedback.

#13 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 23:06

It took me a few tries. It sounds like you got the idea, it just takes a few tries. Some one told me it took them half an hour. :D  It didn't take me that long.

#14 norgeek

norgeek

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 23:11

Thanks Raiden, I guess that confirms my original suspicions. I'll just have to wait until I get access to an external mouse then :)

• yodagreen3 likes this

#15 yodagreen3

yodagreen3

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 23:13

I've been playing with a trackpad. I haven't had any problems. Though everyone's computer is different I guess.

#16 Beyond Yonder

Beyond Yonder

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:57

I had this problem on my laptop but I found it was caused by the fact that Zoe wasn't standing in the right place to trigger the line "I can't catch her, she is falling too fast." You need to trigger that line before you can use Zoe's power to slow down the falling dreamer. I did manage to do it without using an external mouse. :) 

• yodagreen3 likes this

#17 zedbo9

zedbo9

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:18

To be honest I found this part abit clunkey.

Urgh, clunkey is right! Driving me crazy trying to get the timing right with Xbox 360 controller. After seeing ghost lady fall from the sky for the 300th time following yet another failed attempt I decided to close the game and register on this forum so I could save my controller from getting thrown in my frustration. Going for another attempt shortly. Hopefully I don't have to restart yet again, as I had to right at the very start because the interact icon wouldn't show up. Hopefully there'll be a patch soon to sort out some of these little problems?

• Raiden likes this

#18 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:03

I ... really don't understand the problem people is having with this. I didn't have any problem with it. Is it just a reaction time thing, that you don't manage to respond quickly enough to the symbol changing to a hand?

• yodagreen3 likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#19 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3577 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:15

I did this with the controller. Granted, I'm not used to playing with a controller, but I found this part really unintuitive. First, I had to use one button (X?) to bring up and select the wheel icon, and then I had to slide straight to the A button to grab. Or something like that. Also, finding the sweet spot on the bridge was hard as well. Not the best implementation, but I'm sure it will have been easier for most people. ;)

#20 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:21

I did this with the controller. Granted, I'm not used to playing with a controller, but I found this part really unintuitive. First, I had to use one button (X?) to bring up and select the wheel icon, and then I had to slide straight to the A button to grab. Or something like that. Also, finding the sweet spot on the bridge was hard as well. Not the best implementation, but I'm sure it will have been easier for most people. ;)

Really? With the mouse there is no interaction wheel, you just click LMB when the hand symbol shows. Done. That is for the first attempt at grabbing her, when you're not supposed to be able to catch her.

April Ryan is my friend,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users