Photo

Kian's Backstory (Speculation & Spoilers)

kian kian alvane speculation spoilers backstory

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#101 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 18:54

I'm actually fairly certain Ragnar even referred to the Azadi markings as tattoos at some point, so I don't know if that's a deal breaker, as Flo said above. 

As far as a green mom and a white dad having a darker skinned baby... A.) It could  be that just one of them is his parent. B.) She has green hair and he has dark hair, and yet they have a blonde daughter. C.) Etta clearly isn't human, so...we can really only hazard guesses as to how her genetics work. 

And also magic. 

Still not sure I believe Kian is related to Etta and/or Magnus, but I love playing devil's advocate. 

• wandrew likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#102 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 27 October 2014 - 18:59

Magic. Obviously.

If that was the case, then all the magical races would be all over the map, color-wise. xD

Tattoos.

That's true! That didn't even cross my mind, haha. Though I'm still not a fan of that theory :P

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#103 skadet

skadet

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4559 posts
  • LocationÅmot, Norway

Posted 27 October 2014 - 19:00

B.) She has green hair and he has dark hair, and yet they have a blonde daughter.

Could be that she's blonde as a child but that her hair grows darker with age. Or.. greener. xD

My Twitter & Instagram & Twitch ... for your viewing pleasure.

#104 Flo

Flo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 19:03

Could be any number of reasons. We don't know the rules. That's why I think we can't draw any conclusions purely based on superficial evidence.

#105 Linda1

Linda1

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 19:09

Rebels saved Kian because he is their key to Tower. They want to attack it. Well Tower can be a source behind Azadi technology and power (captured dreams from Stark in Dream Chamber). But Kian's origins are very important. The mention of his mother. I pretty like Kian! Future KING.

I imagine Kian`s breaking into the tower would be something like this  

https://www.youtube....h?v=f4K6ZxDwi34

:D My,that would be awesome!

#106 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 27 October 2014 - 20:01

I can't remember if this was an ancient theory or something my brain concocted at some point, but I remember some vague thought about April and the first Guardian being connected.

I can't elaborate. If it was part of an ancient theory, we're talking over 8 years ago. If it was something my brain concocted... well, if you'd met my brain, you'd know it has no idea what it's talking about half the time.

• wandrew, toremygg and DollyDagger like this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#107 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 20:12

While we're not on the topic, what about Azadi race? Kian and the soldiers all seem to be of the same race, but Sister Sahya and a few of the Six seem white. This mix in race shouldn't exist in a people that has been isolated from others for a long period, as interbreeding should wipe them out. It seems to me to indicates relatively recent expansion of, or migration to, the Azadi empire. And yet it doesn't seem as if your race (is that even the right word?) affects your standing in the empire. And it's curious to see such different people in the same geographical area, without there having been imperialism. I wish we knew more about Azadi culture.

I don't think there is an Azadi race. Azadi empire is controlling different races and people's.
The term empire means:

The term "empire" is derived from the Latin imperium (a rule, a command; authority, control, power; supreme power, sole dominion; military authority; a dominion, realm) from imperare (to command).[1] Politically, an empire is a geographically extensive group of states and peoples (ethnic groups) united and ruled by a central authority, either by a monarch (emperor, empress) or an oligarchy.

• DollyDagger likes this

#108 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 October 2014 - 20:27

Race and empire aren't necessarily mutually exclusive. The Ottomans had a mighty empire, but there were also a distinct group at the center of it (Turkey). 

Though I do think it's likely that the Azadi as a people have brought various people into their fold as they've expanded. However, it's still unclear if there is some sort of stigma attached to or hierarchy of people who they've conquered/converted. 

Re: April / First Guardian - I feel like some stuff on this topic has been tossed around before, but my memory is fuzzy. However, we know that she saves and then destroys the Balance, so if she is the one who ultimately brings about the reunification of the worlds, and everything is a circle, it seems more than possible that there's a link. 

• DollyDagger likes this

#109 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 October 2014 - 21:27

I don't think there is an Azadi race. Azadi empire is controlling different races and people's.

Yeah I always felt the Azadi were pretty Roman (or insert empire-building historical race of choice). Originally one main ethnic group, but now more a term for "citizen of the Empire", perhaps.. though a bit more ethnic-cleansey than I remember the Romans ever being. They make the Romans look pretty laid back, really. Azadi don't know how to party.

#110 AprilsNotDead92

AprilsNotDead92

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 18:51

In the previous game I thought April and Kian relationship was interesting especially their interaction towards the end in which Kian says "I feel like I should know you" even though this is the first time they ever met. At the end of DLJ, I was a huge April/Kian romance shipper and I am strongly hoping that Saga is a reincarnation of April so that I can see how their relationship unfolds. In my opinion I think Kian is a good match for April because even though he is kind of a macho man (in the beginning of LJ she makes a comment how she prefers nerds over jocks), he has a real sensitive side to him and respects women which I think is what April needs because she is a very strong and independent woman.

• maskedgeekgirl likes this

#111 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 20:46

I have a feeling that Kian is related to the goddess or the prophet somehow. Maybe her mother was a dreamer or something. If dreams are only moving from Stark to Arcadia, Kian might be a dreamer and not know about it. I still don't understand how he is the key to the tower. Does he know about the singing magic the prophet has used? Why did her mother commit suicide. So many why's.

#112 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 November 2014 - 22:13

Being in Arcadia by dream didn't seem to be too stable for Zoe. So I would assume spending your entire life in dream isn't possible.

#113 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 23:38

Being in Arcadia by dream didn't seem to be too stable for Zoe. So I would assume spending your entire life in dream isn't possible.

I meant a dreamer who is born in Arcadia. He is not a dream. He can't dream into anywhere because of his location.

#114 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 November 2014 - 22:23

I have one question. When Kian opened a door with an arrow, he said, that spending time in streets of Sadir was useful. Does he mean, that he was living in a street? In Dreamfall, when he sees the place of homeless woman, he said, that nobody lived like this at home. Alsi, he sounded likw he was a thief in the past?

Maybe he was a child in poverty who got rescued by the Azadi when they brought the light of their Goddess to his area? That would explain his devotion to their cause, if he's seen them bring about positive social change and benefited directly from it himself.

• Em_TC and somnolentsurfer like this

#115 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 22:27

Maybe he was a child in poverty who got rescued by the Azadi when they brought the light of their Goddess to his area? That would explain his devotion to their cause, if he's seen them bring about positive social change and benefited directly from it himself.

Well like Vamon said "he has no family, no blood" yet "someone inside the Sixth Circle holds his hand".  ;)

Also note: not the circle of the SIX, but the SixTH circle.

• inspector likes this

#116 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 14 November 2014 - 22:34

RTG on DFC Steam Forums:

"As for Kian's role… Without spoiling anything, he is something of a bridge between the two cycles. His role in the saga is as of yet shrouded in mystery."

So Kian is a link/bridge between TLJ and Dreamfall. Interesting...

• agirlnamedbob, Riaise and inspector like this

#117 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 November 2014 - 00:54

Holy shit. He is Lady Alvane.
  • wandrew, Tina, Riaise and 6 others like this

#118 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:02

If he is, I get dibs. I was the one who said it first (that I know of).

EDIT: Argh, I mean credit! For figuring it out! Not dibs! That's so awkward I'm leaving it there!

• agirlnamedbob, MisterMetropolis, Mr Moo and 3 others like this

#119 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:52

Very unlikely. But maybe he is someone we meet in TLJ but because of Collpase he end in Arcadia? 

#120 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:24

There is a possiblity that Kian is from Stark. I hope so that in next books of DFC we will find more about his mother. It is very important part of Kian's puzzle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kian, kian alvane, speculation, spoilers, backstory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users