Photo

Kian's Backstory (Speculation & Spoilers)

kian kian alvane speculation spoilers backstory

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#61 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 712 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:55

Yep: Kian and the Six's ages are from the livestream. Possibly somewhere else, too, but defo there. I've put references with timestamps in their wiki articles.

• agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#62 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 06:00

Wandrew to the rescue! I really need to sit down and watch/reward the Unstreaming. It was mostly while I was at work, so I only caught bits and pieces of it. I may do that tomorrow. 

• wandrew and khh like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#63 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 712 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:31

My Dreamfall is a little rusty, but I thought the Azadi tended to absorb other nations. Whether or not they are accepted as full citizens, however, is another matter.

Some clever fellow on the old forum suggested maybe this is the distinction meant by the Azadi term 'trueborn'.

• agirlnamedbob and Silvirish4ever like this

#64 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:00

I'm not sure if the "merchant class" is really that strong in meaning. Kian could know by chance or general knowledge. It could even be another pun.
Whoever toon care of Kian after his mother vanished (vanish is not die *wink*), had to be of higher stand than merchants. I assume he was raised by religious people.

One could always say that "You feel familiar" is a really bad pickup line (ha ha). I like to think that Kian has a sixth sense moment or so. He knows/feels that April's and his line were meant to cross and that everything between them is/will have meaning and consequence.

I think there's only one race we know being blue and that are Dolmari. Remember that if we compare Etta to Tun Liac, we are comparing two games that are 20 years apart. We already noticed that Naane's look changed.

Khh I like your thoughts about the Goddess. I have said in another thread that I find the note about Babayaga (it's spelled differently in the TLJ universe but I forgot) very intriguing. Add to that what the Azadi do in the name of the Goddess at the moment. I think it may be the Prophet.
  • agirlnamedbob and khh like this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#65 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:42

I think there's only one race we know being blue and that are Dolmari. Remember that if we compare Etta to Tun Liac, we are comparing two games that are 20 years apart. We already noticed that Naane's look changed.

Well yeah, but look at the singing kid at the beginning of the game. S/he is so blue, it's almost purple. Definitely NOT green. And NOT sparkly. I think there's more to Etta than just "another Dolmari".

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#66 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:11

Yes, Magnus (guy from the house of all worlds) says: "You Dolmari and your ...etc. "

He takes refrence there at the very end of Chapters !

No, he does not say that at all! I'm curious to hear which line you're referring to — obviously Scottish dialect plus muffling can result in some odd interpretations :)

Etta is NOT Dolmari. Yeah, the blue-ish skin can be confusing, but hey, other species have blue skin, too!

You'll learn more about both Etta and Magnus soon.

Keep them theories coming, I'm loving it!

• wandrew, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 13 others like this

#67 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7389 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:24

Etta = A former Guardian. Most likely one that took up the role in the 1950s. ;)
  • Icy likes this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#68 OptoNick

OptoNick

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:50

No, he does not say that at all! I'm curious to hear which line you're referring to — obviously Scottish dialect plus muffling can result in some odd interpretations :)

Lol, I was going to triple-check it, 'cause didn't hear that in previous two walkthroughs, thought that I'm deaf  :lol: Still have missed Phoenix painting, gonna to reload that save anyway

#69 LeChuck

LeChuck

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:16

Must be his very last line, that stayed in my head (in a wrong way.) :)

I think, he has in fact a very lovely voice to listen to. And a nice dialect.

Ragnar Tornquist (Twitter): "Kiss or no kiss, he's always been (and will always be) gay!"

#70 Hitana

Hitana

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:53

By the Balance we got a Ragnar Spoiler! A Rapoiler! :D Lol sorry couldn't resist...
  • wandrew, agirlnamedbob and Cendres like this

But what about the welding?! - Shitbot

#71 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 712 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 13:03

Also knows as devs ex machina.
  • Tina, khh, toremygg and 4 others like this

#72 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:05

Kian could also have been a son of one of the former Six (or maybe one of the Council...?). I'm not quite sure how the Six operate. But it's possible that one of the previous Six uhh... ...was de-virgined, one way or another. And ended up with Kian. That might explain her grim end. And also why it seems like there's someone on high keeping an eye on him. 

There must be more to it than that, I think. We still haven't explained how he is the "key" to the Azadi tower. The guards will have order not to let him in, and - judging by the Azadi's willingness to pelt him with arrows - they won't disobey the order.

Etta = A former Guardian. Most likely one that took up the role in the 1950s.  ;)

Etta may be a former Guardian, but if so it's not connected to the 1950s. Adrian was Guardian from somewhere around year 1000 A.D. until the events of TLJ. Remember that each Guardian has a 1000-year long tenure, and that Adrian was 200 years over-due (which also means that the Guardian that was to replace him might be alive today. If you see any Valtec goons, people, run)

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#73 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:24

Etta = A former Guardian. Most likely one that took up the role in the 1950s. ;)

I like this theory. I want to learn more about the lore of the Balance and the Draic Kin... TLJ Mythology stuff instead of more Dreamfall/Storytime. :)

#74 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:26

House Of All Worlds is very releated to Balance:

- windows with symbol of Balance,

- rattle with Balance symbol,

- Balance symbol at roof,

• WorldsReunited and Ravenwoods like this

#75 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:27

House Of All Worlds is very releated to Balance:

- windows with symbol of Balance,

- rattle with Balance symbol,

- Balance symbol at roof,

Which is why I love it so much.  :lol:

#76 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:29

There is Winter-like landscape. Maybe HoAW is somewhere in Storytime? Maybe its a creation similair to Faith's House?

#77 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7389 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:31

Etta may be a former Guardian, but if so it's not connected to the 1950s. Adrian was Guardian from somewhere around year 1000 A.D. until the events of TLJ. Remember that each Guardian has a 1000-year long tenure, and that Adrian was 200 years over-due (which also means that the Guardian that was to replace him might be alive today. If you see any Valtec goons, people, run)

Ah yes I got my dating wrong. xD So scrap the50s part  BUT  the first Guardain WAS a woman and we don't know what happens to a guardian after they have retired.

The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#78 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:33

Just think. What if Etta and Magnus are DREAMERS?

#79 Flo

Flo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:33

If Etta and Magnus really "built" the House of All Worlds as they claim, connecting it to all worlds and all times, one or both of them must have weilded immense powers at one point.

#80 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:34

There is Winter-like landscape. Maybe HoAW is somewhere in Storytime? Maybe its a creation similair to Faith's House?

I have considered that as well.

Speaking of which, the Vagabond said that Faith finally left Storytime. That seem to confirm that the Winter is a part of Storytime as well.  :)

If Etta and Magnus really "built" the House of All Worlds as they claim, connecting it to all worlds and all times, one or both of them must have weilded immense powers at one point.

They must be special snowflakes, yeah...

• wandrew likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kian, kian alvane, speculation, spoilers, backstory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users