Photo

Kian's Backstory (Speculation & Spoilers)

kian kian alvane speculation spoilers backstory

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#41 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:27

Sex Changed Kian = Lady Alvane -> Any time.

April and Kian siblings or mother and son -> Kill me, kill me now.

• WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob, Layara and 2 others like this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#42 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:28

I will have to say, these recent developments certainly shit all over the Sex Changed Kian = Lady Alvane theory that I'm so fond of.

I still approve of that theory.
  • agirlnamedbob and Layara like this

#43 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:31

I like the angle of Magnus being a painter, this could be a connection with April. Kian isn't much of a writer though.

Lol talking from experience from the Funcom forums? That was certainly a hotspot of wild spins, as well as interesting (and pretty mental) theories :D

I will never in my life forget The Unified Spirit of TLJ.

(The best part is when you scroll to be bottom, and Wandrew quotes it going "Actually, that's not as crazy as it sounds...")

I will have to say, these recent developments certainly shit all over the Sex Changed Kian = Lady Alvane theory that I'm so fond of.

I actually briefly considered the possibility that Saga is Kian.

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, agirlnamedbob and 3 others like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#44 somnolentsurfer

somnolentsurfer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:34

But back to Etta - I'm still not sure what I make of the 50's aesthetic in the HoAW. The decor is very pop art, which personally I love. (Though it seems a bit odd the number of pictures of Etta that are around. Maybe Magnus is an artist if Etta's a writer...?) 

So, maybe Magnus is Edward Hopper and Andy Warhol, and probably several others I didn't pick up on as well?

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#45 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:34

Kian isn't much of a writer though.

You never know. Maybe if the guy had access to a typewriter, and he overcame his fears that that kind of blasphemous machinery is against the will of the Goddess, he could make a decent typist. The way things are going, chances are we'll never know, though. Too bad.

• WorldsReunited and agirlnamedbob like this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

#46 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:39

Theory: Kian ends up in Stark, discovers typewriters, and then realizes he was born to be a writer. 

So, maybe Magnus is Edward Hopper and Andy Warhol, and probably several others I didn't pick up on as well?

Or at least inspired by. :P

Well... Since, as Ragnar stated, penises are off the table... We'll never know for sure. Kian could already be Lady Alvane. 

;)

Sorry, I had to. 

• WorldsReunited, khh, Silvirish4ever and 1 other like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#47 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:44

I would LOVE to get the name of his/her tanning salon. I need some sessions myself.

• WorldsReunited and Mr Moo like this

#48 somnolentsurfer

somnolentsurfer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationBradford, UK

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:56

Or at least inspired by. :P

I'd kind read HoAW as all those famous artists being inspired by Etta.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#49 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:05

I would LOVE to get the name of his/her tanning salon. I need some sessions myself.

Simulated "real" sun by Original Consumer Goods? ;)
  • Silvirish4ever, somnolentsurfer and DollyDagger like this

#50 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:07

I'd kind read HoAW as all those famous artists being inspired by Etta.

That, too. 

Hmm... Still trying to parse out this would connection with Kian and the HoAW, though. If Kian and April (...or Kian and Saga, I suppose) are siblings, and this is in the "past" (as far as that's a thing here) then maybe Kian's already been born? Maybe they lost him when the war broke out? And that's why they're in hiding? 

...I'm really spitballing here. I'm not even sure I like this theory. I don't think I really like the April and Kian having a direct blood link theory. Though I definitely think they're connected. I still think it's in the same nebulous sort of way that April and/or Saga are/is connected to the White of the Kin. Or at least in a "It's more complicated than it seems" way. 

#51 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:19

I too think the link between Kian and April is likely to be more complicated than a simple blood relation, more spiritual.

But then, the link between April and the New White of the Kin is also more complicated. Despite them being sisters connected by something stronger than blood. And either literally or metaphorically having the same Mother. So ... things aren't obvious in this world.

• agirlnamedbob, Pawlo_86 and DollyDagger like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#52 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:28

I too think the link between Kian and April is likely to be more complicated than a simple blood relation, more spiritual.

But then, the link between April and the New White of the Kin is also more complicated. Despite them being sisters connected by something stronger than blood. And either literally or metaphorically having the same Mother. So ... things aren't obvious in this world.

Agreed on basically all points. 

Personally I was never quite sure what to make of the whole White of the Kin -> April's mother? situation. I mean. She calls April "daughter" and the new White calls April "Sister" but everyone calls the White "Mother" so I always felt it was more metaphoric than literal. 

• aeonfluxx75 likes this

#53 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:48

..Andy Warhol...

I didnt see an Amiga in the HoAW, more is the pitty.

just as a side note, I just replayed the ending. Seems like Etta leaves the HoAW as she pleases (and is just about to do so).

• wandrew and agirlnamedbob like this

#54 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 01:59

Just as a side note, I just replayed the ending. Seems like Etta leaves the HoAW as she pleases (and is just about to do so).

Yeah, when I entered that room, I half expected to see her opening a shift (especially given her all too familiar voice...)... But I'm a little fuzzy on if the magical races can be Shifters? I mean...not to say that they couldn't, but we've not seen any (to my knowledge), nor do we know how a magical person would get by in Stark. In TLJ when we got the story of the worlds, it was made pretty clear that the magical races were relegated to Arcadia, whether they wanted to be or not. 

Not that you'd have to be a Shifter to exit the HoAW at will, I suppose...? We still don't entirely know how that works. I doubt the guests we see in TLJ are both Shifters. I guess they could be, but that seems like a lot of Shifters running around, randomly stepping in and out of time. 

• Lee-m likes this

#55 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:06

Yeah, when I entered that room, I half expected to see her opening a shift (especially given her all too familiar voice...)... But I'm a little fuzzy on if the magical races can be Shifters? I mean...not to say that they couldn't, but we've not seen any (to my knowledge), nor do we know how a magical person would get by in Stark. In TLJ when we got the story of the worlds, it was made pretty clear that the magical races were relegated to Arcadia, whether they wanted to be or not. 

Not that you'd have to be a Shifter to exit the HoAW at will, I suppose...? We still don't entirely know how that works. I doubt the guests we see in TLJ are both Shifters. I guess they could be, but that seems like a lot of Shifters running around, randomly stepping in and out of time. 

Its really open for debate, we know nothing of etta. Clearly she is important. I just figured once the house is built they can let ppl in or out as they see fit.

and since we are wildly off topic. If Queeny is reborn cortez, Konstantin is reborn (<in your best burns flipper voice>your friend and mine) Mr Jacob McAllen.

• wandrew and agirlnamedbob like this

#56 Ravenwoods

Ravenwoods

Arcadia Native

• Journeyman
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:26

Kian could be son of April but in a spiritual way or literal way. April is Lady Alvane, but so is Saga. April was born in House of All Worlds (or, maybe originally she was Stark born and now through Saga she was reborn in the House which might lead her to become lady Alvane). People who are born in House of All Worlds become Alvane. So, the Alvane spirit is the one that lives on. April had it, she died and reborn as Saga. She is the mother of all, mother of what's to come. So, April either gives birth to Kian at some point as lady Alvane or Kian somehow has the spirit of Alvane in him as well. I have a feeling Kian might have even been born in House of All Worlds too but he is not shifter (or maybe he is, we don't know). Kian could also be Arcadia counterpart of Alvane. April being Stark, him being Arcadia. But I think this point is weak if April is born of All Worlds, she belongs to both, thus shifter (I am assuming you need to be born in the House to become a Shifter because you don't belong neither of the worlds thus can freely travel between both).  

• agirlnamedbob and Lee-m like this

#57 LeChuck

LeChuck

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:30

@ Etta: Magnus does not say, that she is Dolmari.

I just watched the ending again.

ontopic: I always thought, that Kain and April will be lovers. :)

• agirlnamedbob and DollyDagger like this
Ragnar Tornquist (Twitter): "Kiss or no kiss, he's always been (and will always be) gay!"

#58 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 02:30

(I am assuming you need to be born in the House to become a Shifter...

hummmm... thats an interesting point.

#59 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:24

I like the theory that Kian is the son of one of the Six, but the wiki mentions that they're all virgins and between 18 and 25 years old. Is this information accurate?

Kian could still be sibling to one of the Six, of course. There has to be a special reason why they keep a hand above his head.

#60 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:34

I believe the information on the Wiki is accurate, though Wandrew would know better than I do where that particular bit of information is pulled from. (I don't remember it specifically being mentioned in DF, but my memories of what all is said about the Azadi is hazy at best.) 

Kian could also have been a son of one of the former Six (or maybe one of the Council...?). I'm not quite sure how the Six operate. But it's possible that one of the previous Six uhh... ...was de-virgined, one way or another. And ended up with Kian. That might explain her grim end. And also why it seems like there's someone on high keeping an eye on him. 

• khh and DollyDagger like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kian, kian alvane, speculation, spoilers, backstory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users