Photo

Kian's Backstory (Speculation & Spoilers)

kian kian alvane speculation spoilers backstory

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#181 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 16:19

Ok, where did you find about Etta being called the warrior princes?

What urzagc 13 said. This is a speculation thread, you know?  ;)

A question: at the end of Kian's fever dream, there's a female voice saying "Wake up Kian. Wake up" . Is that Sarah Hamilton ( April )?

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#182 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 16:29

A question: at the end of Kian's fever dream, there's a female voice saying "Wake up Kian. Wake up" . Is that Sarah Hamilton ( April )?

Sarah's voice definitely features in Kian's fever dream. After some interlude with Likho and Na'ane and presumably his mother (SUPER CREEPY) talking to him, she says "Wake up, Kian. Wake up! WAKE-" and then you wake up. 

Before that, if you're curious, she also says: 

Spoiler

• khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#183 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 March 2015 - 16:38

It's actually

Spoiler

Which I expect is what you meant. ;)

#184 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 16:40

It's actually

Spoiler

Which I expect is what you meant. ;)

Yuuup. 

Thanks. Fixed it. I'm still on my first cup of coffee.  :rolleyes:

• khh and Riaise like this

#185 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 16:53

Sarah's voice definitely features in Kian's fever dream. After some interlude with Likho and Na'ane and presumably his mother (SUPER CREEPY) talking to him, she says "Wake up, Kian. Wake up! WAKE-" and then you wake up. 

Before that, if you're curious, she also says: 

Spoiler

So, it is Sarah ( April ). Hmm.. So April says "wake up", Kian does wake up, and later that day Anna appears in front of him at the Cock and Puss ( and how the hell did Anna know he would be there? ). I don't like it...

About the spoiler part, yes i did catch that and i found it, i don't know... silly? Because,

Spoiler

#186 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 16:59

About the spoiler part, yes i did catch that and i found it, i don't know... silly? Because,

Spoiler

Well... I think the question there would be is it actually April speaking to him, or is it something Kian's subconscious is constructing? Or is a completely separate force influencing Kian? 

If it is actually April speaking to him somehow, I personally interpret it as a retroactive sort of deal. April was very lost in Dreamfall. She needed something to help her find herself again.

So if she has been reborn now (fits thematically), it would make sense for her to be able to say, knowing what she knows now, "This is what I wanted. Even if I didn't know this is what I wanted at the time, this was what needed to happen." 

• urzagc13 and Bruno like this

#187 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:06

I have the feeling that April's true nature, of which we are still unaware, is key here. She may be reborn not as a human, but as ... something else. 

• urzagc13 likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#188 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:06

So, it is Sarah ( April ). Hmm.. So April says "wake up", Kian does wake up...

Spoiler

It's not silly. Because we have not got the slighest idea why Kian is hearing these voices (April's and his mother's) in his fever dream. There could be many interpretations such as:

- They mean absolutely nothing, his brain just comes up with these voices (and the exact words they use) pretty much "randomly", by combining unrelated memory fragments, just like all of us do when dreaming. This would be the most likely explanation if this wasn't a fictional story, where magic, time-travel and prophecies exist.

- Just like baby April had made drawings of her future adventures, these voices are a manifestation of some kind of precognition (future sight) ability that Kian has (but doesn't know it yet).

- The voices are echoes of these (supposedly dead) people that found their way to Kian (something like their souls, their ghosts talking to him from the afterlife). This would mean that they are talking to him in the present and thus they know more things than they did when they died.

- They are actually communicating to him "live" but not as spirits-souls. They are instead alive and use magic to contact him.

A combination of the above (and other ideas I couldn't think right now) can also apply.

• khh likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#189 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:10

Well... I think the question there would be is it actually April speaking to him, or is it something Kian's subconscious is constructing? Or is a completely separate force influencing Kian? 

If it is actually April speaking to him somehow, I personally interpret it as a retroactive sort of deal. April was very lost in Dreamfall. She needed something to help her find herself again.

So if she has been reborn now (fits thematically), it would make sense for her to be able to say, knowing what she knows now, "This is what I wanted. Even if I didn't know this is what I wanted at the time, this was what needed to happen." 

The way you explain it, it does make sense, although i would still prefer if it's just Kian's subconscious. Otherwise, it would also mean that his mother is really talking to him, pretty much saying: "Son, die already and come join me in the afterlife". That sounds so motherly, loving and caring.... :blink:

#190 Eka

Eka

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:15

Not just afterlife. In the darkness and cold. No promise of heaven. Strange motherly love

#191 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:21

Just because it's actually April doesn't mean it has to actually be his mom. April could be talking to him to talk over some other dark force pretending to be his mom. ;) 

*tinfoil hat* 

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to make of all of this, to be honest. I have some theories, but I have literally nothing to back them up with. 

• spyked and Eka like this

#192 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:36

Amazing parallelism Quna! Zoe seemed to had her own version of Bak-baar with her self-confrontation in Storytime in Book 1, so maybe that was Kian's now.

(and here's a link to the wiki for Bak-baar, the Banda Spirit "ritual" from The Longest Journey, for those who don't know what it is)

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#193 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:41

Well... I mean... I guess there are a lot of Banda Spirits now, so Bak-baars for everyone. 

...I'm terrible. I'm sorry. I'm going to go now. 

Seriously, good parallel, though. I have similar feelings about that scene. 

• khh, Indrid Cold, urzagc13 and 3 others like this

#194 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:47

Well... I mean... I guess there are a lot of Banda Spirits now, so Bak-baars for everyone. 

You get a Bak-baar, and you get a Bak-baar and you get a ...

(I now can't wait to see Vamon's version ...  :P )

#195 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 March 2015 - 17:52

You get a Bak-baar, and you get a Bak-baar and you get a ...

(I now can't wait to see Vamon's version ...  :P )

"You're a douche and an asshole!" "But a good looking one, am I right?"

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#196 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 19:25

"You're a douche and an asshole!" "But a good looking one, am I right?"

Well, Vamon is such an entitled douchebag, that i doubt he would, even subconsciously, acknowledge his douche side. And no way would the Banda spirits honour him with a visit.

The only version of Bak-baar i can imagine for him is: "You're the best" and "You're the bestest".  :P

#197 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:13

Kian's motivations are clear. In Dreamfall he lost faith in Azadi politics. Because of April. April was killed by Azadi. Vamon became his main enemy. Kian was send to Friar's Keep. He was ready to die. But when rebels freed him Kian started his own agenda - free Azadi from evil influences. Work with Rebels to free Marcuria and save Azadi, I think that Mother Utana and General Hami will be very important in Kian's plan. This will also lead Kian to face Prophet at some point.

Vamon and Sanya are true traitors because they went against Six's orders and killed civilians in Swamp City and wanted to kill Kian without judgment of The First Six. Kian vs Vamon will be very epic part of DFC.

#198 Beyond Yonder

Beyond Yonder

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:28

Kian's motivations are clear. In Dreamfall he lost faith in Azadi politics. Because of April. April was killed by Azadi. Vamon became his main enemy. Kian was send to Friar's Keep. He was ready to die. But when rebels freed him Kian started his own agenda - free Azadi from evil influences. Work with Rebels to free Marcuria and save Azadi, I think that Mother Utana and General Hami will be very important in Kian's plan. This will also lead Kian to face Prophet at some point.

Vamon and Sanya are true traitors because they went against Six's orders and killed civilians in Swamp City and wanted to kill Kian without judgment of The First Six. Kian vs Vamon will be very epic part of DFC.

It does bring into question how much the Six know about the genocide and what exactly the intended orders were.

#199 Ziska

Ziska

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 12:13

It does bring into question how much the Six know about the genocide and what exactly the intended orders were.

What I am also wondering… Do Sahya and Vamon follow the orders of the Prophet, who himself is fooling the Six? Or do their have an agenda of their own neither the Prophet nor the Six know about?

#200 Alanya

Alanya

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 19:31

Must be honest and say I didn't read all the threads, so maybe it is allready in there, but here is my theory of Kian's mother..

What if Kian Alvane is one of the Draic Kin? 

Spoiler

Then a bit off topic:
Plus, if Saga is April reborn it would make sense as she then later as Lady Alvane would just "return" to her home house. And also, the door in the living room that just has a wall behind it now, could be where April in TLJ come from :) even though we only see her arriving in the room with the fireplace.

Furthermore, it seems like Saga can shift when she places the drawings of Aprils story on the wall

Further thing off topic:
Have you considered Hanna to be the Red Kin reborn? i mean, her last name is roth (rot in German is red), her hair is red, and she is with the DRAGON-flies. Also supporting the idea that Queenie might be he Green Kin reborn making up for the past stuff. I mean, her eye shadow is green, the coat is green, queen is not so far away from green, and there is a dragon statue on her boat).. Then the two stark kins are still present :)

• inspector likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kian, kian alvane, speculation, spoilers, backstory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users