37 replies to this topic

#21 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 18:34

Why Prophet didn't trust Kian and ordered Emissary to find someone who will spy Kian's mission?

• khh likes this

#22 maskedgeekgirl

maskedgeekgirl

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 19:31

The whole Tower thing seems to be a conspiracy on the part of the Emissary and Commander Vamon. And she's very much taking her cue from the Prophet. A MAN.

Basically, the Six will be peeved because Sahya is a traitor to her sex. ;)

And did you notice that she let Vamon get away with not bowing to her? He didn't even call her Mistress once.

I swear that if this game takes it 'male equality' preaching any further I'm demanding my money back.

All I know is that I am having Kian kill Commander Vamon for what he did in Dreamfall. It will be most satisflying! ^_^

I really, really want April's name to be the last thing he hears before he dies.

• wandrew likes this

April: I've got noose for you, my friend.

Kian: I've been staring at that thing for so long, maybe the two of us should get a... broom.

Zoë: Also, no groceries to cook with. I'm cook-blocked.

Dorkfall: The silliest puns

#23 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:29

Mybe Vamon and Emissary know TRUE purpose of Tower and they are afraid that Kian figured it out and he will speak with The First and reveal that Azadi are fooled and played by Prophet.

• ACID_RAIN82 likes this

#24 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:24

I assumed the Tower and the Prophet was their secret. As wandrew said, he is not only a male who is giving Sahya orders, but clearly magical. The Azadi being a matriarchal society and anti-magic, I imagine that would not be too pleasing to the Six. Massacre of the Swamp City? I doubt that's a problem for the Six, they sent Kian to Marcuria to kill April and I really doubt they'd care much about the innocents that died in the process. Huge magical tower, on the other hand... kinda goes against everything they believe in.

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#25 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:30

I hope I'm not misremembering (and I can't look it up now to verify), but aren't the Six also following the orders of the Prophet? I seem to remember that -after Kian left the room- the Six said that the Prophet told them to send Kian to kill the Scorpion. Aka, for some reason they believe that the Prophet is interpreting the Will of the Goddess, don't know how he convinced them of that though.

• DollyDagger likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#26 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:40

I hope I'm not misremembering (and I can't look it up now to verify), but aren't the Six also following the orders of the Prophet? I seem to remember that -after Kian left the room- the Six said that the Prophet told them to send Kian to kill the Scorpion. Aka, for some reason they believe that the Prophet is interpreting the Will of the Goddess, don't know how we convinced them of that though.

No, you're right. 

From the TLJ Wiki: 

The Prophet does not just command the obedience of the Emissary, however, as he seems to hold some influence over The Six. It is he who ordered the assassination of the Scorpion, as part of the Azadi's imperial conquest of the Northlands. This seems to be part of the grand prophecy by which he holds the Azadi in thrall. When Kian leaves the Six, they say of his mission: "The Prophet was adamant. There is much resting on this task. It is the last obstacle, the Prophet said. When it is done ... The light of the Goddess will wash across the world like a tidal wave, drowning all those who lack Faith." He also appears intent that the Azadi Tower be finished in time for its planned inauguration. Given what we see at the end of the game, it is likely that he is the one who originally suggested the construction of the Tower.

• DollyDagger likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#27 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:07

Ah, never mind, then. Back to having no idea what secret they'd want to keep from the Six. I really don't think the massacre at the Swamp City would bother them. They seem to be all for the ends justifying the means.

• khh and DollyDagger like this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#28 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:41

Recap give me a very clear idea about them and their "truth". Very clear...

#29 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 29 October 2014 - 14:29

No, you're right. 

From the TLJ Wiki: 

The Prophet does not just command the obedience of the Emissary, however, as he seems to hold some influence over The Six. It is he who ordered the assassination of the Scorpion, as part of the Azadi's imperial conquest of the Northlands. This seems to be part of the grand prophecy by which he holds the Azadi in thrall. When Kian leaves the Six, they say of his mission: "The Prophet was adamant. There is much resting on this task. It is the last obstacle, the Prophet said. When it is done ... The light of the Goddess will wash across the world like a tidal wave, drowning all those who lack Faith." He also appears intent that the Azadi Tower be finished in time for its planned inauguration. Given what we see at the end of the game, it is likely that he is the one who originally suggested the construction of the Tower.

The fact that the Prophet seems to be behind what is happening, and that the Six seem mainly interested in "converting" everybody everywhere to their "religion" made me wonder - if Sister Sahya and Vamon are doing something that the Six would kill them for if it were found out.. what if they're secretly good guys?? Since Kian has always been a favourite of the Six, they might feel that he's a potential threat.

Honestly though, I feel it's more likely that those two are just on the take somehow, and that whatever they're up to is probably good for nobody but themselves.

• AlleluiaElizabeth likes this

#30 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 29 October 2014 - 14:38

Honestly though, I feel it's more likely that those two are just on the take somehow, and that whatever they're up to is probably good for nobody but themselves.

Their conversation differs, depending on whether you kill the warden or not. Either way, I'd agree.

#31 ACID_RAIN82

ACID_RAIN82

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 14:41

So  does Sayha plans to become one of the six or overthrow them and make Vamon supreme commander.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#32 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 27 June 2015 - 14:44

"Evil lovers" The scene at the end of Book Three was so cool.

#33 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:50

The stakes are high, and I really wonder how this will play out in book 4. I don't really get the feeling that Sahya really loves Vamon though, more like she's using him for her domination plan.

So  does Sayha plans to become one of the six or overthrow them and make Vamon supreme commander.

Killing everyone who refuses to back down, would be my guess. She would be above the six, or instead of. I'm not so sure she really thought this plan all the way through ... (unless she has some really powerful allies)

• ACID_RAIN82 likes this

#34 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 15:55

The stakes are high, and I really wonder how this will play out in book 4. I don't really get the feeling that Sahya really loves Vamon though, more like she's using him for her domination plan

I have the same feeling. She might enjoy having sex with him as a bonus though. LOL
  • Mr Moo likes this

#35 ACID_RAIN82

ACID_RAIN82

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 16:14

2015-06-27_00007.jpg

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#36 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 16:52

Spoiler

Nooo... Not that screenshot! Between clingy and needy Anna and the much hated and off putting lovebirds, i'm starting to appreciate the Zoe/douche Rezza romance or even the rushed and awkward Zoe/Damien kiss/romance!

#37 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 17:58

They are so utterly cluelessly terrible.

#38 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 27 June 2015 - 18:05

They feel like kids show villains to me. Like I keep thinking of Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible. (Random reference most people won't get, I feel.)

I like it though.

• khh and Mr Moo like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sister, Sahya, Commander, Vamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users