#1 ACID_RAIN82

ACID_RAIN82

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:33

What are they up to?. Why are they so desperate to kill Kian Alvane?.

• khh, DollyDagger and Igelwelt like this

#2 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:41

I'm guessing they don't want the Six to find out about their ruthless killing of civilians in the Swamp City. I mean, what else could Kian reveal about them? He's as much in the dark as we are...

• AlleluiaElizabeth, DollyDagger and Igelwelt like this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#3 Pekka

Pekka

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:49

What currently interests me the most about Vamon is the history between him and Kian. Did something happen back in the days when they were working together in Sadir that made Vamon so hostile towards Kian? I hope this will be revealed in the coming Books, and that Kian receives more attention than he did in Book One, which in my opinion was a bit too much about Zoë. :)

"An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur."

- Axel Oxenstierna (1583 - 1654)

#4 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:55

If I remember correctly, Vamon  had a grudge against Kian for climbing ranks too quickly for someone so young and with poor origins (he was an orphan, and now we know his mother's story). I guess the key here is what/who exactly is the cause of his strangely successful (albeit short) career.

• Igelwelt and Ravenwoods like this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#5 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2094 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:58

According to Kian, the Azadi have an agenda which isn't the will of the Goddess. The Six are supposedly wielding the will of the Goddess, so anything defying the Six, would also defy the Goddess. Insubordination would equal heresy in the eyes of the Six? And Sahya and Vamon may have done far worse things than the Swamp City Massacre. Kian likely holds more knowledge of their deeds than he realizes, since he is a major threat to them personally.

• Igelwelt likes this

#6 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2269 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:58

Yeah, they were saying that he couldn't have been that successful without help, and watching someone else climb while thinking that it should have been you would have been enough to make Vamon hate him.

• Igelwelt likes this

#7 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 12:35

According to Kian, the Azadi have an agenda which isn't the will of the Goddess. The Six are supposedly wielding the will of the Goddess, so anything defying the Six, would also defy the Goddess. Insubordination would equal heresy in the eyes of the Six? And Sahya and Vamon may have done far worse things than the Swamp City Massacre. Kian likely holds more knowledge of their deeds than he realizes, since he is a major threat to them personally.

Yeah I think this sums it up pretty nicely. If Kian would manage to get into the Tower and talk with the One that would mean a lot of problems for Sahya and Vamon.  ;)

• Igelwelt likes this

#8 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 October 2014 - 15:43

I wonder if Kian's mysterious background comes into play with this as well... Though I may make a different thread for that discussion.
  • WorldsReunited, khh and Igelwelt like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#9 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 17:09

Sister Sahya certainly looked more... ascetic in Chapter One than I remember her from DF.

#10 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 20:13

Spoiler

• Igelwelt likes this

#11 wandrew

wandrew

RTG Forum Moderator

• 710 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 23:06

The whole Tower thing seems to be a conspiracy on the part of the Emissary and Commander Vamon. And she's very much taking her cue from the Prophet. A MAN.

Basically, the Six will be peeved because Sahya is a traitor to her sex. ;)

• WorldsReunited, khh, Eveolene and 1 other like this

#12 ACID_RAIN82

ACID_RAIN82

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 26 October 2014 - 00:52

The tower is probably connected to the dream chamber April found while following the Prophet.

• DollyDagger likes this

#13 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:25

There is also a connection between Samantha Gilmore and the Emissary. It's a conspiracy across both worlds.

• Ringtail, blaster, Pawlo_86 and 1 other like this

#14 April_R.

April_R.

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationA lake

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:57

Vamon always stares at her for a second after she dismisses him. Dude, it's been like a year already, make a move!

• wandrew, Ringtail, Riaise and 6 others like this

#15 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 14:02

The whole Tower thing seems to be a conspiracy on the part of the Emissary and Commander Vamon. And she's very much taking her cue from the Prophet. A MAN.

Basically, the Six will be peeved because Sahya is a traitor to her sex. ;)

In Dreamfall you can see that Six know about Tower and they agree with orders from Prophet. Prophet is behind construction of Tower.

I still can't figure out Dream Conspiracy. WATIcorp's Dreammachines stole people's dreams and send them under Azadi Tower like those dreams are fuel for Tower. But what Tower really is? Mass-destruction weapon? Antennia?

And how Eingana/Dreamcore is involved in Dreamtime?

I do believe that Gillmore is Azadi.

#16 virumor

virumor

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 17:19

The function of the Tower should somehow be pivotal to reuniting the two worlds.

#17 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 17:26

The function of the Tower should somehow be pivotal to reuniting the two worlds.

It was told that Dreamfall isn't about Balance/Reunification but it is about dreams and nature of dreams. And Undreaming is main vilian.

#18 Ceridwen

Ceridwen

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • LocationNeverland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 18:07

Commander Vamon served with Kian in Sadir and he was impressed with his swordmanship and his devotion to the Six - but as has been pointed out he's suspicious of Kian's quick rise in the ranks. He thinks he got assistance from someone within the Sixth Circle. But I suspect it's partly because he resents Kian's background as well. He seems to be a proud man, so I doubt it helped much that Kian was sent to deal with the assassination of 'the Scorpion'; a problem he himself hadn't been able to deal with. 

Sister Sahya confuses me slightly. She was suspicious of the Six sending Kian to deal with their little problem and she and the commander clearly has some sort of agenda of their own (what with the whole conversation between them after Kian escapes from Friar's Keep. But at the same time both her and the Six seems to follow the command of the Prophet. 

• Pawlo_86 likes this

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

Finding yourself is brilliant! You desert everybody, abandon your responsibilities and relationships, and focus completely on your own personal misery. It's a douche for the soul.

#19 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7374 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 26 October 2014 - 18:22

All I know is that I am having Kian kill Commander Vamon for what he did in Dreamfall. It will be most satisflying! ^_^

• blaster, ACID_RAIN82 and Pawlo_86 like this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#20 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 October 2014 - 18:31

Honestly... While I do want to murderlate the hell out of Vamon, I also really want to find out more about him.

The line in Dreamfall where he explains that Kian doesn't have a proper lineage and Sahya says something to the effect of "So that's why you don't like him." keeps nagging at me.

It seems important. Clearly resentment, but maybe more...?

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sister, Sahya, Commander, Vamon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users