#41 Nilaii

Nilaii

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationNetherlands, Western Europolis

Posted 21 February 2014 - 13:46

Are there any plans for RTG/DFC related events mid-June like last year's Birmingham event (Probably not, otherwise I'd have them seen coming through here)?

As I'm planning to go to Oslo / Norway this summer anyway :).

#42 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 February 2014 - 16:20

Correct, they haven't said much about planned conventions etc for this year yet. I did, however, notice that I have forgotten to add this to the thread:

30th Jan 14:

• @RagnarTornquist: So who’s going to @EGX_Rezzed this year, then? (x)

Which I guess means that people from RTG will be there (event is 28-30th March). I suppose they'll be at a lot of events this year though. Since we're closer to release now than last year, and I would imagine that these events are good PR. But I have no idea of when the big events are and which is the most likely RTG will be at. Also, last year most of RTG seemed to have summer vacation in July. Don't know if it will be the same this year, but I find it likely. I'm not sure exactly what you plan on your Norway summer trip, but just wanted to mention it in case it had any significance :P

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#43 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:30

A couple of creepy baby vine videos and a speculation hashtag:

• @RagnarTornquist: #Dreamfall #Chapters has something for everyone. Slightly creepy baby? You're welcome. https://vine.co/v/MZljgQ7wbmM (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: BUT WHOSE BABY IS IT? #Chapters #MysteryIsImportant #HoAW (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Creepy walking baby not good enough for you? We have creepy-happy-running baby, too. #Chapters https://vine.co/v/MmBaQ0K7xAY (x)

So start speculating! What does #HoAW mean? :D

#44 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:48

HoAW = House of All Worlds. And I don't know quite what to make of that.
  • Tina and WorldsReunited like this

#45 Nilaii

Nilaii

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 19:50

Sightseeing the externals of the building, lol.
I've been to Helsinki last June and planned to do Oslo next. Not really going for something special, just tasting atmospheres :)

lol @ the baby
  • Tina likes this

#46 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 February 2014 - 15:58

HoAW = House of All Worlds. And I don't know quite what to make of that.

Haha, of course. I have no idea what to make of that either.

#47 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 February 2014 - 16:47

• WorldsReunited likes this

#48 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 17:32

OMG, yes! Time to see  if TSW, Miracle and TDP are connected. But dinner first.  ;)

Edit: 112 pages, SQUEEEEE.

• Tina likes this

#49 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 23 February 2014 - 23:13

Adding these as well :)
  • @RagnarTornquist: @J_Whatever Tome and graphic novel are scheduled to be released with the game. Journeys Birth is running late. Hopefully it won’t be long! (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Another story unearthed from an orphaned hard drive. ‘Rules are Rules’, a short story written more than a decade ago: http://www.scribd.co...Rules-are-Rules (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Reading it again just now, it’s quite clear that ‘Rules are Rules’ was a precursor of sorts to #TSW and other things. http://www.scribd.co...Rules-are-Rules (x)

#50 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 February 2014 - 16:37

• @RagnarTornquist: Hello, lovely view of #Glasgow. Checked into the stylish & friendly @citizenM. Now to locate ale and wifi. pic.twitter.com/q7sktjvEib (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Oh, and do come along to this evening’s @glasgowfilmfest panel! I’ll be there with @rhipratchett, @mrsambarlow & @robertflorence. Excite! (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: .@edgeonline spoke with @rhipratchett, @mrsambarlow and myself last week about narratives in games (& other things): URL (x)

#51 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 24 February 2014 - 20:07

I remember years ago Glasgow had this PR campaign called "Glasgow'S Miles Better". Obviously the joke is about smiling.

_44770686_44770330.jpg

But I never really understood the point. Miles better? Miles better than what? Other cities? Other states of mind? Other children's books with cartoon people exemplifying character traits? Maybe better than it used to be, so that contains the implicit admission that it used to be crap. If so, how bad was it and is it objectively any good now or just better than it was?

And the smiles. Smiling better? Were we known for not smiling very well? Is there something in the Glaswegian smile that is inherently less effective than those of other geographical locations? Maybe something in the water? Or maybe we smiled perfectly well, but now because Glasgow had improved itself we also had learned to smile better as a result. Maybe a slightly smug smile. Or one that is happy with its own achievements but at the same time does not look down on anyone else. That would be a heck of a smile to pull off. Self-satisfied but not condescending. That would be a more accurate slogan. Less confusing. Maybe it's a confused smile, like when you're not quite sure what the person said but you want to give encouragement. Or avoid violence. Yes. That's the smile. Come to Glasgow and be bewildered by our accent, but smile at us to avoid getting your face cut.

I remember my dad warning me about the "bad areas" of Glasgow. Gangs used to roam around giving people a "Glasgow smile" by cutting people's mouths on either side like the Joker in Batman. But way before he ever thought of it. I never saw anyone with such facial scarring but the scarring on my psyche was more than enough to persuade me never to go to Possil Park. I still think of that area as being a bit like New York in that film with Kurt Russell. I wonder if the PR company that came up with the slogan realised what unsavoury associations Glasgow had with the word smile. Maybe it was some sort of in-joke.

Maybe they just thought it sounded cool one day.

You can get a nice meal in the Burger King on Sauchiehall Street. Ask for Jessie and she'll give you extra ketchup. And maybe even a smile. :unsure:

#52 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3527 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:06

You can get a nice meal in the Burger King on Sauchiehall Street. Ask for Jessie and she'll give you extra ketchup. And maybe even a smile. :unsure:

But will she give you a Glaswegian kiss? ;)

#53 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 25 February 2014 - 17:55

• RT ‏@EGX_Rezzed: We've unveiled a huge batch of dev sessions! Speakers include @mikeBithell, @RagnarTornquist & @mtrc! Full list: http://www.eurogamer...-for-egx-rezzed #EGX (x)
  • @RedThreadGames: We will be showing off the latest from #Chapters at @EGX_Rezzed on March 29th…along with a sneak peek at #Draugen! http://www.eurogamer...-for-egx-rezzed (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Can’t wait to demo the latest #Chapters updates at @EGX_Rezzed in March. @mBruusgaard and I will be on stage showcasing that and…#DRAUGEN! (x)

#54 UPtimist

UPtimist

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 February 2014 - 19:12

Ooh, sounds interesting! I'm especially excited to see what type of game Draugen turns out to be, hopefully this glimpse will shed some light on that.

Thanks as usual, Tina!
  • Tina and WorldsReunited like this
The Dreamer who dreams, ten trillion miles of dark...
Chrysta Bell - Angel Star

Some of my pictures: 500px, See.Me, Flickr

#55 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 06:09

Going by #HoAW, maybe the baby is April and Kian's baby in an epilogue? One can dream, lol...

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#56 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1603 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 02 March 2014 - 13:37

Correct, they haven't said much about planned conventions etc for this year yet. I did, however, notice that I have forgotten to add this to the thread:

30th Jan 14:

• @RagnarTornquist: So who’s going to @EGX_Rezzed this year, then? (x)

Which I guess means that people from RTG will be there (event is 28-30th March) <cut>

• RT ‏@EGX_Rezzed: We've unveiled a huge batch of dev sessions! Speakers include @mikeBithell, @RagnarTornquist & @mtrc! Full list: http://www.eurogamer...-for-egx-rezzed #EGX (x)
  • @RedThreadGames: We will be showing off the latest from #Chapters at @EGX_Rezzed on March 29th…along with a sneak peek at #Draugen! http://www.eurogamer...-for-egx-rezzed (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Can’t wait to demo the latest #Chapters updates at @EGX_Rezzed in March. @mBruusgaard and I will be on stage showcasing that and…#DRAUGEN! (x)

I'm staying at the Hilton Friday night and will be about on the main floor all morning in case any other peeps are heading down and want to meet up :)

(I thought initially I couldn't make it this year cos of prior comitments in London on Saturday night - then I figured Rezzed is in the Day - love that feeling when a plan suddenly clicks together :D)

• Tina likes this

#57 Nilaii

Nilaii

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 22:08

Ah...Birmingham. Bummer that I can't be there again. Especially since I've got it quite busy at the university that time of the year. The worst thing is that between my house and Birmingham is a "mere" 250km...unfortunately, there's some kind of omnipresent liquid between. Would've visited by car if England and the Netherlands were connected by land. Now it'll both take too much time and money. Damn you, water!

#58 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 March 2014 - 20:06

Batch of tweets from the last week coming up!

I'm getting an increasingly bad feeling about the choices and forky story though.. I'm quite worried that I will like the choices as much as I liked fighting in Dreamfall.. But if people want to discuss the choices, it would be nice to take it in some other thread perhaps?

27th Feb:

• @RagnarTornquist: The challenges of writing game dialogue: you can’t necessarily cheat & skip to the interesting bits. You need everything from “hi” to “bye”. (x)
  • RT: @robertflorence: @RagnarTornquist Invent interesting new words for Hi and Bye. I suggest "Honkaki" and "Bonkaki". (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: @robertflorence I’m adding those to our long list of futuristic-sounding slang words. (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Well, of course. ‘Punch face’ is *always* an option. RT @StephenIvyUSM: still think 'punch NPC in the face' should always be an option (x)
  • @botherer: @RagnarTornquist @StephenIvyUSM I prefer "Punch writer in the face." (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: @botherer @StephenIvyUSM That option opens up once you’ve actually listened to all the dialogue in the game. (x)
  • @botherer: @RagnarTornquist @StephenIvyUSM Clever move sir, since no one will ever live that long. (x)
  • RT: @MorridsTower: Great interview in Edge with @rhipratchett @RagnarTornquist @mrsambarlow on the state of narrative in games http://www.edge-onli...game-narrative/ (x)

1st March:

• @RagnarTornquist: I’ve never written anything this forky. To explore every narrative branch & every story in #Chapters you’ll need to replay it a dozen times. (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: It’s fun and challenging and interesting but it’s giving me a headache. Who said what to whom, when and where, and why? Oh, game narratives. (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: @insectdude The major choices lead to different narrative paths, but nothing is ‘missed’ and the central story gets told in all paths. (x)
  • @Mega_Jimmy: @RagnarTornquist would it be possible to implement a menu system so when you finish one line you could start from just before a given fork?
  • @RagnarTornquist: @Mega_Jimmy For the player? No, we want choices to matter, and the narrative flow and dramatic impact are lost if players can backtrack. (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: To complement the forking narrative, we’ll attempt to create some randomised puzzles. Each of those dozen playthroughs unique? Watch us try! (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: Hopefully we can pull this off! RT @Dreamscythe: I love these kinds of games. Replayable single player is rare and awesome when it works (x)
  • @RagnarTornquist: #Chapters won’t lack for a detailed plot! RT @FatihOmerli: I can't wait to play the game. I always loved the detailed and forky stories. (x)
  • @Adloro: @RagnarTornquist ack! Forking plot lines stress me out! I feel like I am not getting the full story! How do I know what the real story is? 
  • @RagnarTornquist: @Adloro Everyone will get to experience the ‘real’ story, regardless of the choices made and the paths taken. (x)
  • @toremygg: @RagnarTornquist Have mercy on a poor wiki writer...
  • @RagnarTornquist: @toremygg Oh, are you in for a world of hurt… (x)

3rd March:

• @RagnarTornquist: “Kan Zoë redde Norges ære?” Or: can Zoë save Norway’s honour? Well, she will try her best. http://www.idg.no/co...ticle283074.ece (article in Norwegian) (x)
  • RT: @snowcastlegames: LevelUp på VGTV med @KrisJet @RagnarTornquist @MegapopGames og @BendikStang ! http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/78277/level-up-66-south-park-thief-rambo-banished-nidhogg (x)

(Last one is a Norwegian video interview, Ragnar is talking (very fast) from appx 12:30 - 14:30. From the video it seems beanies are a mandatory clothing item in the studio. And Ragnar can't stand still)

• UPtimist likes this

#59 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1245 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:13

Bloody hell. Do they not have heating in Norway? Take your hat off when you get inside! Martin is exempt because his beanie has been surgically grafted onto his head, but for the others there is no excuse!! :P

Unless...wait. Is this a neural interface for the Oculus Rift?

#60 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:43

Shoes off and hats on! :-D
  • toremygg and UPtimist like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users