#3581 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1322 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:36

Last little newsworthy bit - April's story in Book Five ended the way Ragnar always planned...

• wandrew and khh like this

#3582 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:11

Last little newsworthy bit - April's story in Book Five ended the way Ragnar always planned...

When you see that in light of how her story ended in TLJ, that does make sense to me. I believe it to be true.

• Ringtail, Indrid Cold and NeilClaimer like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3583 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 02:12

I think it ended beautifully. I think The Longest Journey is the journey of the soul making its way back home. When I got to the end of the first episode and walked into the den and understood everything, it was like this message of hope that the Balance provides healing, even after dying a broken person.

April's dad was abusive to her, so Saga got to be close to hers when her mother disappeared, and so on and on it goes until there's nothing left to learn.

Today is the day she dies in 200 years...

• Ringtail likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3584 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1907 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 01 February 2019 - 04:16

I can understand no more games, but to see "the saga is complete" is kind of heartbreaking...There's so much we don't know about, like the war of the Balance and reunification. It can't be told in any other way some day? Like graphic novels? Maybe 10 to 20 years from now...I'll always hold out hope. lol

Sigh, I always knew we wouldn't get more April except in books (if ever) but hate seeing that in black and white.

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#3585 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 00:52

Draugen is coming out on PC next month :)

• TalkingOak likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3586 WhiteKin

WhiteKin

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 17:36

Draugen is coming out on PC next month :)

Awesome! I am really curious :)

There is also a new Trailer :

It doesn't mention a date though :ph34r:

• TalkingOak likes this

#3587 ElweSingollo

ElweSingollo

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 April 2019 - 22:52

Awesome! I am really curious :)

There is also a new Trailer :

It doesn't mention a date though :ph34r:

The steam store page is saying May 2019 so fairly soon™ if that's correct.

"O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)