#3561 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:16

The Twitch Stream of Ragnar's talk is available here (for now, I think twitch only keeps the archives up for 7 days).  His talk starts around 3 hr 49 mins in to the video.

Thank you! I downloaded the video and cut out Ragnar's part in case it gets deleted. I may have my problems with Ragnar after the way Dreamfall Chapters and Kickstarter campaign were handled, but it's always interesting to listen to him. I wish he had more time at this conference and it was filmed properly.

P.S. Am I the only one who feels sad and lonely that we have almost no new posts on this forum?

• Teller, Vainamoinen, popcorngal and 1 other like this

#3562 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2277 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 November 2018 - 13:21

No, ChrisR, I feel the same way.  I keep checking back, but the forum has a lonely, empty feeling these days.

• Vainamoinen, popcorngal and ChrisR like this

#3563 Teller

Teller

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1914 posts
  • LocationAlais

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:26

Agreed.  This was a great community and I think Readthread would have more of a following had at least one of them stuck their head in the forum from time to time. 

• Vainamoinen, popcorngal, Dmm and 1 other like this

Remember Alatiens that the spirits of their Tellers watch out for you when you most need it.

-Christine-
Dream Traveller

Cannon Stroker
Adventure Gamer
Group Hugger

Dream Blogger
Upping the perviness factor of the Salty Seaman since 2013.

#3564 popcorngal

popcorngal

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 22 November 2018 - 05:08

I also miss the once lively activity that existed in this forum.

• Vainamoinen, Carla and ChrisR like this

"Oh! I was having this weird dream about a big ass turkey wearing a pair of red shoes. And you were there, and he was there, and, and... maybe it wasn't a dream after all?"   :crow:

#3565 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 20:16

I hope we'll get it back come Svalbard. I mean, no one's even listening to my ranting elsewhere. :ph34r:

It would be great if the forum ran smoothly by then though. Because this is just atrocious. I'm getting like a seven second delay before it even digests my like thisses.*

* and apparently almost 30 seconds before it eats my post.

• Teller, popcorngal, Carla and 1 other like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3566 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3098 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 17:50

It would be great if the forum ran smoothly by then though. Because this is just atrocious. I'm getting like a seven second delay before it even digests my like thisses.*

* and apparently almost 30 seconds before it eats my post.

I consistently get the same behaviour: Instant loading of a thread from the main page, several seconds before it even starts loading a forum page from a thread. Then it's faster in general.

That seems more like a bug than connection issues.

• Vainamoinen likes this

#3567 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:13

FYI - Kickstarter update 116 is up - https://www.kickstar.../posts/2361348 

Short version - a couple nice pics from the Tome of the Balance are included, but no firm estimated timeframe for delivery. (Shocking, I know.)

• Teller, MisterMetropolis, Mr Moo and 1 other like this

#3568 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 14:48

Kickstarter Update 117 is up - announcing a 50-page “preview” of the Tome of the Balance PDF is now available for download via Humble if you’re a $50+ backer. https://www.kickstar...y/posts/2374405

#3569 Carla

Carla

Harbinger of the Balance

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2277 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 December 2018 - 15:31

Not a 50 page preview...it comes in at 307 pages.  Checking it out now...

#3570 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 16:41

Oh - I misread that! Now I really can’t wait to go home from work! :)
  • popcorngal and Carla like this

#3571 Babel-17

Babel-17

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 18:30

Regarding the Tome of the Balance preview that's heralded in Project Update #117:

At your Humble Bundle page, make sure to switch the Download widget to "eBook". Mine was set to download "Linux", though I have Windows, and thus only listed the game download. By setting it to eBook i got to see that

Dreamfall Chapters (Art of Book One) Download
23.3 MB | md5
PDF
12/21/2018 | 152.3 MB | md5
Dreamfall Chapters (Tourist Map of Europolis) Download
5.2 MB | md5

were available. And the PDF is what today's email from the developers is referring to.

It's extremely nice, detailed, classy, and professional looking.

I thought my Humble Bundle page hadn't gotten it yet, until on a whim I clicked on the widget. Lol, it felt like in a game when I figure out a puzzle. :)

• wandrew and Teller like this

#3572 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 21:27

My Humble account says that I don't have any purchases, I guess because someone hacked it recently. Anyone wanna PM me the PDF?

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3573 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 21 December 2018 - 22:56

My Humble account says that I don't have any purchases, I guess because someone hacked it recently. Anyone wanna PM me the PDF?

Wow, that really sucks. No chance getting your stuff back from humble? Have you spoken with their support?

• ChrisR likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3574 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:37

Wow, that really sucks. No chance getting your stuff back from humble? Have you spoken with their support?

I'm trying to but I don't see any way to contact them. Just their twitter account. The email I used for the kickstarter doesn't even log me in anymore. I created an account with a new email but none of my rewards purchases over or anything.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3575 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 December 2018 - 21:08

It looks like they accept support tickets here: https://support.humb...s/requests/new 

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3576 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 17 January 2019 - 20:29

A Ragnar tweet - sad but unsurprising confirmation about TLJH:

For anyone unable to see the tweet: “The saga is complete. There are no more games planned.

(And if The Longest Journey Home ever happens—which is unlikely—consider it a bonus.)”

#3577 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 02:32

I can understand no more games, but to see "the saga is complete" is kind of heartbreaking...There's so much we don't know about, like the war of the Balance and reunification. It can't be told in any other way some day? Like graphic novels? Maybe 10 to 20 years from now...I'll always hold out hope. lol

• Ringtail likes this

#3578 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 19 January 2019 - 13:54

I can understand no more games, but to see "the saga is complete" is kind of heartbreaking...There's so much we don't know about, like the war of the Balance and reunification. It can't be told in any other way some day? Like graphic novels? Maybe 10 to 20 years from now...I'll always hold out hope. lol

For a series that has spanned 3 games, the saga is appallingly incomplete.
  • MisterMetropolis likes this

#3579 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 22:29

Well now he just tweeted "A graphic novel would be a good way to tell that story if a game never happens." So, there's always hope!

• Teller likes this

#3580 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1327 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:31

Some more Ragnar tweets.  As MisterMetropolis said, potential openness to a TLJH graphic novel, but it would require working out another rights agreement with Funcom.

• MisterMetropolis likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users