#3501 Valiah

Valiah

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 13 December 2017 - 20:05

Whoops: looks like that incorrect Symbol of the Balance is still doing the rounds Ragnar.

Whaaaat? I thought there were intentionally 2 different versions of the Symbol of the Balance.

The Arcadia version where the Chaos symbol is dominant/in front:

Attached File  balanceChaos.png   5.48KB   6 downloads

And the Stark version where the Order symbol is dominant/in front.

Attached File  BalanceOrder.png   27.64KB   7 downloads

The fact that the Stark/Order version is flipped also suggest that they are seen from different points of views.

I guess I'll just have to replay all 3 games to see if I can find instances of both symbols in the game....

Back on topic - definitely gonna need that Watilla t-shirt. 

• Edreamer Jamil and NeilClaimer like this

WARNING: This post may contain opinions, and they might not be yours

#3502 Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatcher

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:00

I Just searched a few Youtube lets plays...

The "Arcadia" Symbol is the one in the Guardians Tower from TLJ and seems to be used everywhere I checked, except:

the Book in Abnaxus Abode:

Attached File  BalanceAbnaxusBook.jpg   35.54KB   4 downloads

• Valiah and NeilClaimer like this

#3503 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 08 February 2018 - 14:00

New tweets, related to Kickstarter update 111:

One about t-shirts:

• TalkingOak likes this

#3504 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 14:02

And one about the comics stories, one of which will apparently feature art by friend of the forum Lautaro!

• Edreamer Jamil and Vainamoinen like this

#3505 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 14:05

And a link to the KS update (about physical reward production delays):

• Vainamoinen and MisterMetropolis like this

#3506 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6149 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 14:53

Wooo-hooo! Only two weeks!*

I'll say, those Gravcomics are looking tasty as bacon. If only I'd known exactly five years ago that this is how they'd turn out. My pledge would have looked quite differently. And as my only post-pledge chance of receiving a physical DFC art book one day has evidently vaporized... * LE SIGH* :(

* Soonterisms may apply. Two week guestimation is subject to RTG history turnouts. Two week guestimation is subject to the factory's compliance with RTG's quality standards. Two week guestimation is subject to factory's compliance with RTG's maternal liberation standards. Two week guestimation applies only after receipt and testing of test discs and other test material from factory. Please note that receipt of said test discs and other material as well as thorough testing and approval thereof will all have to happen within the next four (4) business days for shipping to actually begin "as planned" at the end of the month.

• Edreamer Jamil and NeilClaimer like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3507 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 16:38

Master disc has been pressed:

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and NeilClaimer like this

#3508 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 16:39

A limited number of physical copies may be available for purchase by non-backers:

• Edreamer Jamil, agirlnamedbob and tummy ooh aah like this

#3509 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 16:40

And also this, ‘cause it’s fun:

• wandrew, Edreamer Jamil, khh and 2 others like this

#3510 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 19 February 2018 - 16:40

omg they need to redo the art work and font, it looks terrible !
  • Ringtail and NeilClaimer like this

#3511 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2724 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 February 2018 - 14:08

• MisterMetropolis likes this

#3512 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 20:25

I was expecting that scene to be in the Deleted Scenes menu in the Final Cut! Don't know why they didn't just put it in there in July.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3513 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3070 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:15

I was expecting that scene to be in the Deleted Scenes menu in the Final Cut! Don't know why they didn't just put it in there in July.

Even if the voices were recorded, they've probably not set it up visually and animated it. Perhaps they want to do that?

I think it's more likely that we'll get just the voices though.

#3514 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:11

They already got the final CD days before tweeting this, though...It just doesn't make sense to me why they'd bother teasing future patches now. Maybe they should just release it on YouTube or something.

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3515 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 19:04

Man, it'd be amazing if the Queenie scene actually got released. The Google Translate version of the Russian dialogue is okay, but it would be great to see it in its original version, which is something I long gave up on.This is welcome news among all the clumsyness and delays.(not getting my hopes up just yet though)

• MisterMetropolis and Pawlo_86 like this

#3516 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1836 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 24 February 2018 - 19:28

You can always release an update/extras via steam. The final version is fine, and thats what I will get on DVD at some point. Doesnt mean other content can't be added later via digital distribution later.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#3517 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 23:34

Are we really complaining about patches to a disc version of a game?  Since when hasn't there been a patch to a disc?  What disc was ever the "final" version of anything?  That was one of the main selling points of digital distribution, easier patching.

For me, I'll just be happy to get the box and get to look at the pretty artwork.  Then it will go on a shelf with all the other pretty game boxes I've collected over the years.  Looking forward to it after all this time.

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Lee-m and 1 other like this

#3518 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 26 February 2018 - 19:22

Yeah, I've been looking forward to that extra scene with Queenie. Her role seems to be important, but her character is unexplained.

#3519 JB11sos

JB11sos

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 18:04

I'm not super active on here, so apologies if I've missed any updates, but it feels like I've lost track of the status of the rewards. Does anyone know the latest on these rewards in particular? I realize things have likely changed/been dropped, but I'd love to have a sense of what to expect.

• Digital copy of the Original Soundtrack - Assuming the 48-track version is the final one?
  • Journeys: Birth digital eBook - Haven't heard anything about this
  • Tome of the Balance digital eBook - Haven't heard anything about this
  • Art of Dreamfall digital eBook - I have an "Art of Book One" PDF; is there more on the way?
  • Journeys: The Graphic Novel digital eBook - Assuming this is now the comic book "collection" they're working on
  • Digital Map of Arcadia - Was this substituted for the map of Europolis that they sent out?
  • Digital copy of the making-of-videos - Haven't heard anything about this

Or anything on these in-game updates?

• The Loremaster - Haven't heard anything about this
  • The House of All Worlds - Haven't heard anything about this
  • Storytime - I think I remember something about this, but can't recall where I heard about it
  • Director's Cut content - Assuming this was reflected in the "final" version of the game
  • Commentary track - Haven't heard anything about this

#3520 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 21:36

As far as we know the out-of-game rewards are still happening...some day. If the stretch goals happen, they could be DLC in the future, but it's highly unlikely. The most we can hope for is an acknowledgement of why they didn't work out.

Although they just teased today on Twitter that they're considering a "[BLANK] Edition"...so that's exciting!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users