3594 replies to this topic

#3181 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:01

That's not even news, really... They've said it for a while now.

#3182 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:09

Ragnar/RTG can't say anything else at this point. The future's too uncertain, and any hints to the positive will be taken as promises. All we can do, is wait and see. I still have a small hope that TLJH will happen in some form, at some point.

• Tina likes this

#3183 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:29

From Steam:

The final episode of the saga brings the storyline to an emotional conclusion, as paths converge and destinies are fulfilled. No one walks away unscathed.

So April, Zoe and Kian destines will be resolved in Book Five!
  • CosmicD likes this

#3184 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:50

From Steam:

The final episode of the saga brings the storyline to an emotional conclusion, as paths converge and destinies are fulfilled. No one walks away unscathed.

So April, Zoe and Kian destines will be resolved in Book Five!

Maybe Saga's paths will also cross with the other two. I wasn't expecting that.

• CosmicD and Pawlo_86 like this

#3185 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 11 June 2016 - 00:11

My guess is that book 5 will explain what happened to April between TLJ and Dreamfall, and that book 5 will now extend farther into the future than was originally intended. If this is true, it would tie up all the loose ends and complete the saga, just not with as much detail as there would have been if TLJH had been made. It's also my guess that if book 5 covers all of this to an adequate degree, there will be no need for TLJH to be made. Ragnar's comment on twitter of, "Play Book Five first! The Longest Journey Home will probably never happen. At least not for a long, long time." hints that this change has been made to book 5, so TLJH doesn't really need to be made, but it could be made in the future in order to explain what happened to her in more detail. If I'm right, I'd still love a TLJH game or graphic novel, but if I don't get it, I'll still be a happy camper. If what happened to her is adequately explained, it might actually be better if TLJH is never made; sometimes when everything is explained in great detail, it ruins the mystery/magic of the story. We'll see.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#3186 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 00:29

I am one of those rare people here that has no problem with every loose end getting tied up, and everything getting explained. They already mentioned that they are ending the series. So there is no harm in answering every question.

#3187 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 00:32

I am one of those rare people here that has no problem with every loose end getting tied up, and everything getting explained. They already mentioned that they are ending the series. So there is no harm in answering every question.

I don't have a problem with it; I'm just not sure it's needed. Depending upon how it's done, it could be for the better or for the worse. This also depends upon how book 5 ends, of course. If we get some proper closure with book 5 and TLJH is made so long in the future that most if not all of the voice actors can't or won't return, it would probably be better for TLJH to be a graphic novel, if anything.

#3188 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 00:38

I am actually a bit confused about all this talk about TLJ home. Because as far as understood it was simply the game between Dreamfall and the TLJ, and the Dreamfall chapters was simply going to end the dream cycle. I wonder what has changed since then. I am really curious to learn how chapter 5 is going to wrap up the war of the balance etc...

That being said, Draugen and the Svalbard are a clue to why we are not getting anymore TLJ. They are simply bored with the franchise, at it has aged.

#3189 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 01:41

I am actually a bit confused about all this talk about TLJ home. Because as far as understood it was simply the game between Dreamfall and the TLJ, and the Dreamfall chapters was simply going to end the dream cycle. I wonder what has changed since then. I am really curious to learn how chapter 5 is going to wrap up the war of the balance etc...

That being said, Draugen and the Svalbard are a clue to why we are not getting anymore TLJ. They are simply bored with the franchise, at it has aged.

I remember TLJH being explained as taking place between the end of TLJ and the beginning of Dreamfall, and also after the end of DFC. I don't remember if it was stated that it would also take place during the events of DFC, but I remember for sure that it was supposed to take place, in part, after the end of DFC. I assume book 5 has been extended to the point that TLJH wouldn't have taken place at all after the end of DFC, or if it were to still take place in part after the events of DFC, it would only show more minor things that we don't need to see to be able to fully understand what happened.

#3190 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:18

I remember TLJH being explained as taking place between the end of TLJ and the beginning of Dreamfall, and also after the end of DFC. I don't remember if it was stated that it would also take place during the events of DFC, but I remember for sure that it was supposed to take place, in part, after the end of DFC. I assume book 5 has been extended to the point that TLJH wouldn't have taken place at all after the end of DFC, or if it were to still take place in part after the events of DFC, it would only show more minor things that we don't need to see to be able to fully understand what happened.

I remember that it was taking place between TLJ and the Dreamfall, but I couldn't find the source about anything beyond that. I don't think it would have covered anything beyond Dreamfall. But I have no proof.

#3191 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 02:38

I remember that it was taking place between TLJ and the Dreamfall, but I couldn't find the source about anything beyond that. I don't think it would have covered anything beyond Dreamfall. But I have no proof.

I can't find that information, either. It was probably included in the two links in early kickstarter updates, but both links are now dead; one was to a gamespot article and the other was to the former incarnation of this forum. I don't know if anyone has archived that information, but I distinctly remember reading that TLJH was to take place, in part, after the events of DFC. Can anyone find this info?

• DarkPerson likes this

#3192 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:25

By the way, I have a bad feeling about Ragnar's new tweet: "I may have to go into hiding after next Friday…"

#3193 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:34

By the way, I have a bad feeling about Ragnar's new tweet: "I may have to go into hiding after next Friday…"

I don't see this tweet in his twitter feed. Link?

EDIT: Never mind. I just didn't scroll down far enough. I was thinking it was his most recent tweet, not his seventh most recent tweet. :)

Edited by bongboy, 11 June 2016 - 06:38.

#3194 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:58

well if the game kills off beloved characters or the bad guys win :)

#3195 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 June 2016 - 13:27

Here's the "going into hiding" tweet:

Link

And a small update about Journey's Birth:

Link

• Guyra likes this

#3196 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 June 2016 - 14:45

I can't find that information, either. It was probably included in the two links in early kickstarter updates, but both links are now dead; one was to a gamespot article and the other was to the former incarnation of this forum. I don't know if anyone has archived that information, but I distinctly remember reading that TLJH was to take place, in part, after the events of DFC. Can anyone find this info?

Bongboy is right. Here's the Gamespot article: http://www.gamespot....e/1100-6404653/

"The Longest Journey Home will pick up right where The Longest Journey left off, filling in the 10-year gap unaccounted for in Dreamfall. But it will also extend beyond Dreamfall Chapters and conclude April’s adventure."
  • bongboy, debro and Mystic like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#3197 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 11 June 2016 - 14:47

TLJH was supposed to take place after the end of TLJ, and before Dreamfall, but with bits and pieces taking place both before AND after that.

It's complicated, since it was designed to cover a lot of events over a lot of years, tying up some of the loose threads that are still left hanging — even after the end of Chapters.

The outline of the story exists, and I might share it with you guys some day…

• Tina, Koveras, Guyra and 10 others like this

#3198 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 11 June 2016 - 14:51

No, we're not 'bored' with the 'franchise' — not at all. We dearly love this saga, and our fans, and wrapping up Chapters has been an emotional experience for all of us. It's satisfying but heartbreaking, and part of me would love to jump right into TLJH to tell a personal and soulful story about a character I care deeply about…but for many, many reasons I don't think it will happen.

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil, Koveras and 10 others like this

#3199 Guyra

Guyra

Vestrum Herald

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1720 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 14:56

We still hope you'll have a chance to do it at some point. Even if that's ten years into the future, show me a kickstarter(or similar), and I'll throw all the money at you! :D

Official Cannon Stroker :: Cookblocked!

bereft-banner.png

#3200 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 11 June 2016 - 15:12

I hope it's not "game or nothing". Because I would absolutely not mind reading TLJH instead of playing it, one day in the far future :) For several years I was expecting to some day read Dreamfall Chapters as well, and that was basically what I was waiting for, before the Kickstarter appeared :)

But anyway, I'll first look forward to Book 5 and to hopefully feeling the closure I didn't feel 10 years ago. And then RTG's next games. Hopefully I'll be able to play (or at least watch someone braver play) Draugen and Svalbard, even if I'm basically an "adventure game only" gamer. If anyone's going to convince me to play other game genres, RTG is on the top of the list :)

• Edreamer Jamil, khh, Guyra and 5 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users