3594 replies to this topic

#3161 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:24

I took a closer look at the second screenshot and it looks like a graveyard with multiple spirits at once, so it looks like they've redesigned the chapter entirely, even in its gameplay. That definitely explains the six months.
  • CosmicD and Pawlo_86 like this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3162 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 June 2016 - 13:03

Curios about the changes, I hope they're for the better and I don't miss the original version.

#3163 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 22:12

It looks that only Book One was altered *this time*
According to a tweet by Ragnar, further changes will be made consequently with the console release. So there *will* be an "ultimate" version after all!

Link to the tweet: https://twitter.com/...670901688958976

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#3164 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 03 June 2016 - 22:41

Well we always knew they were going to add and tweak stuff after release. Terms like "ultimate" and "complete" and "director's cut" get thrown around but the terms don't really mean anything out of context.
  • debro likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#3165 debro

debro

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 03:40

Well we always knew they were going to add and tweak stuff after release. Terms like "ultimate" and "complete" and "director's cut" get thrown around but the terms don't really mean anything out of context.

Yeah but after 6 months I was afraid they tweaked more and went ahead with the ultimate version to be released together with Book Five

"The brightest days have the darkest shadows. Always remember that!"

#3166 Dagget

Dagget

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 June 2016 - 11:23

I suppose they want to make the best possible impression at the start of the game, hence the tweaking of Book 1.  I'd prefer some tweaks to a couple of the more annoying puzzles (most ppl I think have the same 1-2 puzzles in mind) to make them more palatable.

• debro, Pawlo_86 and Speak&Spell like this

#3167 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2016 - 15:41

Ragnar was pretty clear about wanting to improve the pacing of Book 2. So Book 1 won't be the only part which will be changed.
  • Pawlo_86 and Speak&Spell like this

#3168 Speak&Spell

Speak&Spell

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationSoul-land

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:56

Good to have evidence that the Book(s) have been reworked before release of Book 5. So much to look forward to. And so soon now. Thanks a lot. :)

Always think twice when you hear "news" from unconfirmed sources.

#3169 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 June 2016 - 21:32

It will be teaser, not trailer. Tomorrow???
https://www.instagra.../p/BGaBBimxPQL/
  • CosmicD and Nathanael like this

#3170 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 22:52

Obviously it means the same thing

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#3171 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 08 June 2016 - 22:55

There, I'm gonna dream about this again, like last night :P Dreaming about this hospital room over and over

#3172 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 June 2016 - 22:06

#3173 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 22:14

Back to the backup plan then. Erika, I'll take you up on that offer in a few years.

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#3174 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 09 June 2016 - 22:33

:(

#3175 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 23:36

"Presses F to pay respects" 

Well, at least the franchise won't be milked dry like say Assassin's Creed was. But even so, it does feel like we should get a proper conclusion to April's story, as good as the next book may be, it can't be everything that a whole game was supposed to be. 

#3176 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 10 June 2016 - 00:07

"Presses F to pay respects" 

Well, at least the franchise won't be milked dry like say Assassin's Creed was. But even so, it does feel like we should get a proper conclusion to April's story, as good as the next book may be, it can't be everything that a whole game was supposed to be. 

I hope Ragnar takes a break from the TLJ universe for a few years to replenish his creative juices, then adapts TLJH into a graphic novel. I'd prefer a game to a graphic novel, but if the game isn't going to happen, it would still be nice to have the entire saga tied up with a bow on top.

• Tina, Ringtail and Mr Moo like this

#3177 JB11sos

JB11sos

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 00:37

This is pretty major and awful news. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. It's nice of Ragnar to be straightforward about it (think if people had seen this tweet about Half-Life 3 many years ago...), but it would be great to get a little more information on why it won't get made (at least anywhere in the reasonably near future). Lack of creative desire? Poor DC sales? The story is sufficiently concluded in DC that it's no longer crucial? Want to move to another medium, eventually?

• Ringtail likes this

#3178 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1328 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:12

Well...not entirely unsurprising news about TLJH, but still...:(

I agree that it might be good, if possible, to hear a little more about why the decision got made. And about whether continuation of the story in prose or comics form (instead of video game format) might be possible.

But, but...there's a Unity 5 model of April in her seafarin' clothes, so I do think we'll get some closure for TLJ-April in Book 5, which is what I'm looking for. :)

#3179 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Vestrum Crier

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:54

Lack of creative desire? Poor DC sales? The story is sufficiently concluded in DC that it's no longer crucial? Want to move to another medium, eventually?

They've been working on Dreamfall Chapters for four years. It's where their hearts and souls are now, and they can't immediately pick up on another story in that universe. They have other stories to tell, like Draugen and Svalbard. It needs to settle.

I know we'll get the story somehow some day, and I have faith it can even be a game, but we'd have to wait til the 2030s in that case.

Because of all this, they did put enough in DFC to conclude the story and, as Ragnar said, fuel another two decades' worth of speculation and theories. He said "Play Book Five first!" in regards to "what about April?".

• NeilClaimer and Pawlo_86 like this

#3180 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 June 2016 - 07:08

Let me just throw this out there: if Funcom announces a TLJ MMO in the next few months, I'd much rather play the MGS3 pachinko machine. >__>

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)