3559 replies to this topic

#2821 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 March 2016 - 20:10

FYI, the last voice recording for Book One happened less than a week before release. We have a SUPER fast turnaround on that shit. We're pros, yo.

(Sorry. But we TOTALLY are.)

So voice recordings can't be sign if release is close or not.

#2822 bongboy

bongboy

Vestrum Herald

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts
  • LocationRenton, WA, USA

Posted 12 March 2016 - 20:29

I think that voice recordings for Book Five didn't happen yet. There wasn't any news about voice recordings. This also ties into Ragnar's tweet about writting final scenes of the book. Im pretty dissapointed with recently news. Svalbard can be a reason of slower development.

This was brought up when he mentioned that some of the team is working on Draugen. He replied by pointing out that there's not a lot of coding left to do on book 5, and that, for the record, everyone who can work on book 5 is working on book 5. http://redthreadgame...rs/#entry117489

• Tina and Pawlo_86 like this

#2823 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 21:38

So voice recordings can't be sign if release is close or not.

Exactly.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#2824 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 March 2016 - 23:06

I don't believe I've ever seen it advertised anywhere as "Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey". In the stores it's advertised as "Dreamfall Chapters" (No colon, no subtitle), so I'd say that's the official name.

It is. The only place we ever called it 'Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey' was in the Kickstarter, where we wanted people to understand it took place in the TLJ universe. I don't like long titles.

• Edreamer Jamil, Koveras, khh and 3 others like this

#2825 Ragnar

Ragnar

Archduke of Redthread

• RTG Staff
  • 925 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 12 March 2016 - 23:20

I think that voice recordings for Book Five didn't happen yet. There wasn't any news about voice recordings. This also ties into Ragnar's tweet about writting final scenes of the book. Im pretty dissapointed with recently news. Svalbard can be a reason of slower development.

Of course it isn't. Svalbard has had no effect whatsoever on Dreamfall Chapters, and it never will. And the same goes for Draugen.

Also, trying to second-guess the status of Book Five from tweets about script writing and voice recordings is futile. First off, I do not write scripts in chronological order: I write based on when actors are available, or when designers need final dialogue, or what I feel like writing; and I jump all over the place. I know the story in and out, I don't have to write a linear script. Secondly, in the past, I've written scripts the day before we record, or even the same day...and some recordings have taken place only days before release. Reversely, some actors wrapped their Book Five dialogue work months and months ago.

Finally: we're taking the time we need with Book Five to make it great. We're in a pretty healthy financial situation where we can afford to not rush a half-finished game out, and this is our legacy. We care more about wrapping up Dreamfall Chapters in style than we do meeting some arbitrary deadline. The community and our backers deserve a fitting ending, and that's what we're focusing on. If our players get impatient, so be it: in the long run, we'll be remembered for the quality of the game, not how quickly (or slowly) we delivered.

In short: I understand there's speculation, but when we're ready to share a release date, we'll share a release date, and before that anything else is just guesswork. And you won't get very far trying to decipher my tweets for hidden clues, or second-guessing based on previous releases. Every book is different, and Book Five is more different than the rest. It's the end, and we don't want to rush it.

• Tina, Jecica, Edreamer Jamil and 21 others like this

#2826 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 March 2016 - 23:29

Thanks for reply! I was little lost in current news :P And Dreamfall Chapters is fantastic game already :)

#2827 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 March 2016 - 00:36

...We're in a pretty healthy financial situation where we can afford to not rush a half-finished game out...

This was the bit that made me happier in what you wrote. Happy for you guys, of course. That's good news :)

• Jecica, Indrid Cold, debro and 1 other like this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#2828 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2016 - 00:47

This was the bit that made me happier in what you wrote.

Likewise. :)

#2829 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:44

Though I was essentially "ninja'ed" by Ragnar, I was about to write a post arguing that the "delay" in Book 5 seems like a good thing to me, as it indicates that the last Book can potentially be a "meatier" one in terms of content and it will hopefully cover a lot of ground tying up most of the loose threads* of the Dreamer saga.

*though never all, cause "there's no magic in that, Señorita", of course!  ;)

• mrKnask likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#2830 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:56

I kinda hope that the time means they can give the game the polish it deserves. I think Ragnar is right that the last episode will be important for how this game will be remembered. I am getting excited for it, though I'm simultaneously dreading the end.

• Tina, mrKnask and Yarrozu like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#2831 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 13 March 2016 - 05:29

Wow, great to have an official word from Ragnar. The wait feels so much easier now. Glad that company's doing good, and it was very interesting to read about development process.
  • mrKnask, Pawlo_86 and Yarrozu like this

#2832 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 March 2016 - 07:55

I was about to write a post arguing that the "delay" in Book 5 seems like a good thing

I don't think it can be named delay. This time there wasn't bad news about killng-game ultra bugs or Unity 5 issues. It seems that development of Book Five is going pretty good. We got screenshot and some tease so Book Five can be close to release. I think that extra time is using for bugs fixing and its possible that ending part was left for final stage of book development. Ragnar's post clear a lot of things releated to Book Five and it was great to read about how he works as writer.

Im pretty sure that even after Unity 5 issues RTG wanted to release Book Four in November but it didn't happen. The halted work and unexpected Unity 5 problems at the very end like delay of Unity 5.2.2 Patch 4 (Unity 5 Dreamfall released November 23, a week before Book Four trailer) delayed Book Four to December 3.

#2833 Daniel Schealler

Daniel Schealler

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:27

Finally: we're taking the time we need with Book Five to make it great. We're in a pretty healthy financial situation where we can afford to not rush a half-finished game out, and this is our legacy. We care more about wrapping up Dreamfall Chapters in style than we do meeting some arbitrary deadline. The community and our backers deserve a fitting ending, and that's what we're focusing on. If our players get impatient, so be it: in the long run, we'll be remembered for the quality of the game, not how quickly (or slowly) we delivered.

This is 100% the right decision, and I'm very glad to hear it.

Also, I'm totally am dying of impatience, here. :)

• Riaise likes this

#2834 Yarrozu

Yarrozu

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in between~

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:42

I kinda hope that the time means they can give the game the polish it deserves. I think Ragnar is right that the last episode will be important for how this game will be remembered. I am getting excited for it, though I'm simultaneously dreading the end.

I'm dreading the end too, but I think that's a sign of how great they did with the game. Kind of like when any good book ends, you're eager to wrap everything up but you're feeling regretful about leaving the world you've grown to love behind. It's also one of the reasons I probably won't replay it anytime soon, took me years to replay TLJ and reread The Lord of the Rings.

It's interesting to realize how much like movie production game production is, I didn't realize a lot of it isn't in chronological order. I've also heard some authors doing that, especially when it's a series of books and they're certain what the endgame will be.

And in all honestly as futile as looking for nonexistent hidden meanings in tweets and such is, sometimes I think it's part of the fun. You know you're probably grasping at straws but it's more like you're reaching for bubbles you know you're never going to grab. And I appreciate the time everyone is taking to finishing up this game in a way that does all the characters justice :3

• khh and mrKnask like this

::Cortez:: Vamos. Enter the light.

::April:: Don't say that. It sounds too ominous. Just... tell me what's gonna happen.

::Cortez:: You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life.

::Zoë:: It was nice chatting with you, Crow. It's been very informative.

::Crow:: Glad to help, doll.

::Zoë:: 'Doll'?

::Crow:: Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'.

::Shitbot:: Affirmative. I will stop doing this thing that I love and that makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey.

#2835 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:42

I'm dreading the end too, but I think that's a sign of how great they did with the game. Kind of like when any good book ends, you're eager to wrap everything up but you're feeling regretful about leaving the world you've grown to love behind. It's also one of the reasons I probably won't replay it anytime soon, took me years to replay TLJ and reread The Lord of the Rings.

I haven't replayed TLJ or DC in many years, for very similar reasons. I known most of them by heart, though, so I've never really needed it. ^^

#2836 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6152 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:43

Of course it isn't. Svalbard has had no effect whatsoever on Dreamfall Chapters, and it never will.

Even if that were the case, and I surely think it isn't, I wonder how people think game development works.

Chapters will end quite suddenly in spring, and you guys will have to know exactly what's up next and how it's financed. I don't want you to have the kind of post project layoff streaks of Double Fine ... or worse, Irrational Games.

Also, I really want that Svalbard RPG. :P

• khh and Ringtail like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#2837 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 13 March 2016 - 12:31

yeah, take your time even if it has to be june. The advantage of that is that it'll be the most optimal experience ever, and also we can keep looking forward and still not have everything behind us as of yet :)

#2838 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2725 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 March 2016 - 13:26

June huh? lol :P

RTG has a lot of things to do in near future:

- Dreamfall Chapters Complete Edition,
- Dreamfall Chapters PS4
- Dreamfall Chapters XB1
- Dreamfall Chapters iOS (fingers crossed for Android too!)
- Draugen (so excited for this!)
- Svalbard
- The Longest Journey Home (hope never dies!)

#2839 Koveras

Koveras

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 March 2016 - 14:21

- Dreamfall Chapters XB1
- Dreamfall Chapters iOS (fingers crossed for Android too!)

Has MS relaxed its policies regarding PS4 exclusives? Also, I thought the mobile stretch goal hasn't been reached.

#2840 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 13 March 2016 - 17:28

The trailers (for instance this one, at 1:12) say "Coming soon to PlayStation 4 and iOS". So that's the only versions they seem to be working on, apart from the PC versions.

(as far as I can recall, there hasn't really been an iOS annoucement or "official word" though, but I doubt they'd put it in the trailers if it isn't true :))

• Edreamer Jamil likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: twitter, facebook, RTG, information, summary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users