164 replies to this topic

#161 Leonard Zelig

Leonard Zelig

Fringe Café Regular

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCologne (Germany)

Posted 11 May 2017 - 17:22

Not at al! It's only fair to express your concerns, in my opinion. And you didn't attack anybody...plus you provided a final statement that is constructive.

As for the console version I think it's aimed at potential new customers.
I don't own consoles as I think they're pretty much a waste of money. A console may last you for 2-3 years and then it's obsolete while instead I'm playing next-gen games on my 6-years-old PC...
But I have friends that play console and logging on the web and seeing a new title like this? I'm sure people will be quite interested in trying it. All for the best :)

I'm using my Xbox 360 since ten years now. No new games are coming out, but YouTube and Netflix work still fine.

I played a lot on PC between 2000 and 2004, but I hated it when games didn't run properly on my PC and therefore I only bought a standard PC in 2010 and focused mainly on consoles. 2D adventures have no high system requirements, so I can still play them on PC.

#162 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1064 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 22 May 2017 - 17:45

I just bought a console, three weeks ago, my first console since 1996 actually. One PS4, two controllers, one brand new game, 289€. The last graphic card I put in my seven year old PC cost more than that. And I still can't play any next gen stuff on PC while the game I play on the PS4 looks stunning to say the least. If I want to play e.g. The Witcher 3, I can either put down 1.000 bucks and more for a new PC or get the god damn thing on PS4. Consoles have some massive downsides, naturally, the pricing of brand new games being one of them, but they do last far longer than "2-3 years". :)

it feels like you're doing something wrong...what are your PC specs? :)

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#163 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6144 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 16:30

it feels like you're doing something wrong...what are your PC specs? :)

No, the problem is not the person sitting in front of the computer. The problem is mostly seven year old hardware plus a mainboard that's shot and won't accept anything above 4 GB RAM.
  • the red of the kin likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#164 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1064 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 25 May 2017 - 19:07

No, the problem is not the person sitting in front of the computer. The problem is mostly seven year old hardware plus a mainboard that's shot and won't accept anything above 4 GB RAM.

holy cow! I...I think you may actually beat my girlfriend at "whose computer is closer to death"! XD

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#165 kla622

kla622

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:31

A great review from someone who wasn't familiar with the TLJ universe before Chapters at all:

https://www.vg247.co...makes-you-care/

• Edreamer Jamil, popcorngal, khh and 2 others like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dreamfall chapters, review, reviews, impressions, first look

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users