Photo
- - - - -

Big light boxes in Europolis

Glitch Europolis

Best Answer Morten , 24 October 2014 - 17:31

Yeah, we hope to have fixed this issue soon. Sometimes it's kind of difficult to know if people are seeing the same thing as we do, and determining if what some people are seeing are actually bugs or if it's maybe just personal flavor pitching in. At least the way the lens flare is intended to work there are occasional "box" flares, but nothing so major as to render the effect annoying.

We know, however, that some users with Intel and ATI/AMD cards are experiencing a blooming side effect of the lens flare which is not part of the bloom from other objects in the scene. Many of these users have also mentioned a bloom/lens flare effect coming out of some characters' eyes, making them look like they have l4z0r eyes!

This issue we hope to have fixed shortly. :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 20 February 2015 - 10:55

Great to hear!

Thanks for helping out, Moohouse! #bestcommunityevarr

• Tina and deckarde like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#82 KatjaKat

KatjaKat

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 18:32

Hi guys.

Not quite sure if this is the same issue as the l4z0r eyes bug. I get it occationally during cutscenes, but never during gameplay. It's annoying but not gamebreaking, and I thought it was being fixed but after reading through this thread I'm not so sure it's the same issue. The example below is from the very first scene in Reborn, but it turns up on Etta, Queenie and various other people in cutscenes in both chapters. Not always but enough to be noticeable.

https://www.dropbox...._00004.jpg?dl=0

I have a Toshiba Satellite E45t-A laptop with what I believe is an integrated graphics card, Intel® HD Graphics 4400.

Another thing I thought I should ask about. Weren't the random snippets of conversations heard out and about in Propast going to be reinstated? I still don't get them.

Thanks for your patience!

Katja

#83 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 18 May 2015 - 17:58

It looks like it's from the same family of bugs, even if it's not explicitly the same bug.

I think it's probably an issue with your integrated Intel (which is a chip rather than a card).

#84 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 May 2015 - 19:27

It does look somewhat related. Are you playing with SSAO on? If so, try turning it off. It can cause that kind of effect on some cards.

About the snippets of conversation, they're still there for me. I think their presence is dependant on your graphics settings, as lower settings remove some of the NPCs. I can't quite recall what RTG has said about adding them back in though.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#85 brisnerjr

brisnerjr

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 19:53

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this "box" issue in the city. They are so annoying I quit playing the game months ago. I have all the updates, tried all the different configuration settings. Nothing helps. 

I have an AMD 8-core FX-8150 processor 3.60ghz, 8mb L2 cache with 16gb ddr3 sdram and a ASUS Radeon HD7770 gpu w/2gb gddr5 ram. My OS is windows 7 pro 64b.

I would really appreciate any help I can get. I love this game and I want to continue playing it.

I don't know how to take a screenshot, but they look just like the ones posted by Plintstorm.

I hope I did this right, I never posted before.

#86 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 June 2015 - 20:23

Have you tried disabling lens flares in the settings?

That should fix most of the weird box issues. If it doesn't, someone else might have some more suggestions.
  • khh likes this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#87 Jon93

Jon93

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 17:12

I'm not sure if this is related as well but disabling everything does not solve the lens flares / weird lights in the eyes for me... :/

Pkkhl3n.jpg

ifGjJ1V.jpg

Lowest settings:

ctTbquE.jpg

R9 390X

FX-9590

#88 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2015 - 18:42

This looks almost like the eye-texture is missing. You could try verifying game cache if you are on steam. (You are using the latest GPU drivers, aren't you?)
On the topic of all the (un)purposefully broken shaders I am looking forward to the Unity 5 switch, since as far as I understood most of the lighting shaders will be redone.

#89 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2015 - 21:36

Jon93 Are you forcing the game to run in DirectX 11 mode with a command line switch? That can cause Zoë to get Vampire-eyes.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#90 Jon93

Jon93

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 23:39

Not that I'm aware of. I see no command lines in steam or anything and I have never fiddled with any such settings for this game.

The eye textures are there Istrum at highest settings (although not at lowest it appears) but they are riddled with reflections from light sources in front of the character. But I'll try verifying the cache and see if it works, thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glitch, Europolis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users