Photo
- - - - -

Big light boxes in Europolis

Glitch Europolis

Best Answer Morten , 24 October 2014 - 17:31

Yeah, we hope to have fixed this issue soon. Sometimes it's kind of difficult to know if people are seeing the same thing as we do, and determining if what some people are seeing are actually bugs or if it's maybe just personal flavor pitching in. At least the way the lens flare is intended to work there are occasional "box" flares, but nothing so major as to render the effect annoying.

We know, however, that some users with Intel and ATI/AMD cards are experiencing a blooming side effect of the lens flare which is not part of the bloom from other objects in the scene. Many of these users have also mentioned a bloom/lens flare effect coming out of some characters' eyes, making them look like they have l4z0r eyes!

This issue we hope to have fixed shortly. :)

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Plintstorm

Plintstorm

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 16:37

I have the same lighting bug, but it seems to be much more extreme on my end than I have seen so far. I am running with all my settings as low, and my card is an AMD Radeon 7750M

http://i.imgur.com/1fq3XuX.jpg

Unlike mmwhee, updating the driver (also a hassle for me) didn't help :(. Hope I can figure it out.

That is exactly how it looks for me.

#22 Gentleman

Gentleman

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 19:29

That is exactly how it looks for me.

Ah, sorry to hear it. I was hoping you were seeing some graphical glitches more like some of the other posters here (who had smaller problems).

On a side note, it definitely has to do with the compatibility with our specific graphics cards. I ran the game on my integrated graphics card (I have a laptop with a switchable integrated/discrete graphics set up). It ran very slowly of course, but without the boxes! It had other problems though (The streetlights are very very bright). Might be playable for me as a stopgap measure.

Definitely update your drivers since mmwhee had success to hear it.

#23 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 October 2014 - 19:48

On a side note, it definitely has to do with the compatibility with our specific graphics cards. I ran the game on my integrated graphics card (I have a laptop with a switchable integrated/discrete graphics set up). It ran very slowly of course, but without the boxes! It had other problems though (The streetlights are very very bright). Might be playable for me as a stopgap measure.

The very bright light is a known problem for Intel cards when you switch on SSAO. I think they're looking to fix that bug in the upcoming patch.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#24 Gentleman

Gentleman

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 03:14

The very bright light is a known problem for Intel cards when you switch on SSAO. I think they're looking to fix that bug in the upcoming patch.

Ah, good to know. I think I might've gotten that issue when I had my integrated graphics chip on. The lighting boxes thing is definitely separate issue it occurs when SSAO is off.

Also, the 1.1 patch does not solve the issue with the boxes, just checked :(

#25 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:33

Can you post a screen of what you mean when you say boxes?

Some box flares are intentional.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#26 Victor Pavlov

Victor Pavlov

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:52

The problem is not just on AMD GPU.

I have a GTX 970 (Driver: 344.48 WHQL) with an Intel i5 4690k.

The light glitch (because they are) are starting to be really annoying for an otherwise perfect game (My favorite game this year....and I play a lot).

If you can't fix it easily, maybe just a patch to give us the option to remove bloom.

Anyway the game is awesome: Kudo for everyone.

#27 Victor Pavlov

Victor Pavlov

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:39

Some screen of the Box: gtx 970 i5 4690k Windows 8.1 using the latest patch from RTG 1.1

Is this intentional ?

http://cloud-4.steam...2AA59540577948/

http://cloud-4.steam...EB2271390752AF/

http://cloud-4.steam...A08089B7EFCCD3/

http://cloud-4.steam...0A73D47456F919/

#28 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:32

Some screen of the Box: gtx 970 i5 4690k Windows 8.1 using the latest patch from RTG 1.1

Is this intentional ?

http://cloud-4.steam...2AA59540577948/

http://cloud-4.steam...EB2271390752AF/

http://cloud-4.steam...A08089B7EFCCD3/

http://cloud-4.steam...0A73D47456F919/

Those are intentional, yes.

• Morten likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#29 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:48

Any way to turn them off? I don't mind the lines ...

#30 Victor Pavlov

Victor Pavlov

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:50

Oh well.

Can't argue with the artist, but I hate them. +  all those other annoying light popup in the city, this is so distracting.

#31 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:51

Any way to turn them off? I don't mind the lines ...

Not at the moment, no.

We have to talk it over in-office to see if this is something we want to expose as a setting for the player to turn on/off or as a level adjustment.

However, not at the top of the priority list at this point, I'm afraid. :)

• Em_TC likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#32 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 31 October 2014 - 13:53

:) It's not a game-breaker.

• Morten likes this

#33 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 16:57

Victor Pavlov, can I ask why you have a photo of Stephen Harper as your avatar?? :blink:

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#34 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 31 October 2014 - 18:06

Just in case people were wondering: the intensely flashing, you-better-not-be-epileptic "l4z0r" eyes glitch is still very much there with v1.1. It's not in the listed planned fixes for v1.1.1 posted to Steam, either. Fingers crossed.

#35 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 October 2014 - 18:13

Just in case people were wondering: the intensely flashing, you-better-not-be-epileptic "l4z0r" eyes glitch is still very much there with v1.1. It's not in the listed planned fixes for v1.1.1 posted to Steam, either. Fingers crossed.

It's a known issue with a shader-material used in some characters' corneas that happens on some GPUs.

We're still looking into this.

• Em_TC likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#36 Em_TC

Em_TC

Fringe Café Regular

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 31 October 2014 - 18:19

It's a known issue with a shader-material used in some characters' corneas that happens on some GPUs.

Thank you for being so on top of everything and keeping us in the loop! <3

• Morten likes this

#37 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 18:19

Ah, so they really do have l4z3r eyes. :P

• Morten likes this

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#38 Tracido

Tracido

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 19:46

I have the same lighting bug, but it seems to be much more extreme on my end than I have seen so far. I am running with all my settings as low, and my card is an AMD Radeon 7750M

http://i.imgur.com/1fq3XuX.jpg

Unlike mmwhee, updating the driver (also a hassle for me) didn't help :(. Hope I can figure it out.

As I had previously said, if they'd allow a turn off option for those with severe issues making it so unplayable, I'd honestly not care if it's ever fixed.  I just want it off for now at this point so I can finish the first book, for my first time.  Without the awful lighting issues I've posted tons of pictures on. Hehe.  I wonder if I should repost a ton more pics, as it is a very annoying and unforgiving issue.

#39 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 31 October 2014 - 20:27

Didn't look that much around, but in case you haven't mentioned it before, could you provide some of your system info? (OS version, gfx card/GPU, available memory/RAM)

That would really help us debug the issue. :)

#40 Tracido

Tracido

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 20:40

Didn't look that much around, but in case you haven't mentioned it before, could you provide some of your system info? (OS version, gfx card/GPU, available memory/RAM)

That would really help us debug the issue. :)

DDR3 32GB 1866 (Super low latency), Win 7 64bit Ultimate, R9 290X, 4TB HDD, w/ 480GB SSD Sata III full speed, main.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glitch, Europolis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users