20 replies to this topic

#1 Basic

Basic

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:11

I don't think this is quite the right place to post this but since I need to discuss a specific point in the game, this seems to be the only place it's allowed.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, I can't work out how to tell her to open the door. I can't interact with the door and I can't point her at it (I only get a hand icon on her, not an arrow).

Am I barking up the wrong tree, is there something non-obvious I need to do, or is this a bug?

#2 SimonCle

SimonCle

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:17

Solution:

Spoiler

If you can't interact with the door, that's probably a bug, but be sure to get close to it.

#3 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:20

Spoiler

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#4 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:30

Spoiler

#5 Basic

Basic

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:45

Thanks for the replies.

Spoiler

Is there a bug reporting topic this thread can be moved to?

#6 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:56

You can try to restart the game, see if that helps.

Otherwise I have a workaround for you, curtsey of another bug:

Spoiler

edit: Oh, and as for a bug report thread http://redthreadgame...ports-spoilers/

• Mr_Russ and Basic like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#7 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:07

Lol, khh, I call that "thinking outside the box"... erm I mean "outside the room" ! ;)

Btw, from the screenshot I gather that the trigger for the blue swirly thingy to go through the door bugged out and that's why you can't interact with the door.
  • Tina, khh and Riaise like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#8 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:14

Lol, khh, I call that "thinking outside the box"... erm I mean "outside the room" ! ;)

Btw, from the screenshot I gather that the trigger for the blue swirly thingy to go through the door bugged out and that's why you can't interact with the door.

Hmm... that probably means the workaround won't work too.

Yeah, restarting the game or loading from an earlier save seems the best options.

• Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#9 ginamak

ginamak

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:08

I had this same bug last night. Going back to an earlier save solved the problem for me.

#10 Basic

Basic

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 18:42

Hmm... that probably means the workaround won't work too.

Yeah, restarting the game or loading from an earlier save seems the best options.

Actually, the bug workaround _did_ work for me. I assume the scripting on the other side doesn't check that condition.

I hadn't realised I was so close to the end. I thought "Oooh progress",,, "Oh" :)

Thanks for the help

• khh likes this

#11 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 26 October 2014 - 18:48

lol, thats how I finished the game the first time :)

as for the other issue,

Spoiler

#12 Vostrino

Vostrino

Vestrum Crier

• PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 20:28

id like to add that after you cross the room with the mom the first time. try talking to the mom until the conv. repeated.

if you still can't open the door after that, just intentionally get caught by the dad.

the second time you reach the mom's room, the mom will open the door...

i think the bug happened to me too. but i didn't really pay attention and just intentioanlly get caught. the 2nd time i was fine

#13 atlanx

atlanx

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:47

I got 5 times discovered by Dad but it is still not working.

Why this bug will not get fixed? Now we have 2015 (including chapter 4) and i played a new game.

| i5 2500K 4x3.3GHz | MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Z68 | 8GB Kingston HyperX | 480W BeQuiet! Straight Power CM E9 | TFT BenQ BL2411PT (IPS) 1920x1200 16:10 | XBOX 360 Controller + WinAdapter | Win7 x64 GERMAN |

#14 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6159 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:00

All right, that's strange. Is the bug indeed that the light swirl doesn't disappear when Saga*s near it?

(If it does, try to speak to Etta several times, if it doesn't, it's definitely a bug)

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#15 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 19:40

I got 5 times discovered by Dad but it is still not working.

Why this bug will not get fixed? Now we have 2015 (including chapter 4) and i played a new game.

I get the feeling you're being overly harsh. Perhaps there is a bug. It happens. But, in order to fix a bug, the team has to be able to replicate it in their studio, so they can figure out what's going on.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#16 Chio

Chio

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 17 December 2015 - 21:27

It's a bug, I had it multiple times. My guess is that the light swirl triggers when Saga enters certain "triggering zone". When that happens, the swirl moves to the next stop (if I recall correctly, there are 3 stops: first outside Saga's room, next around the kitchen and the last one is in front of the door). The hand icon doesn't activates until the swirl is triggered for the last time, preventing it from trying to open the door.
It happened to me with the swirl outside Saga's room, it didn't move, no matter where I stood. The same happened multiple times with the last one. Like you said, it works fine when loading a previous save. However, it doesn't work if you load a save where the swirl is already bugged. I haven't tried again post-beta, so I don't know if something changed.

"One of these times you're gonna wake up in a coma."

#17 Ikon

Ikon

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2788 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 21:30

That sounds like the kind of specific info RTG might be able to use to track down a bug and fix it.

If at first you don't succeed, do it like your mother told you.

#18 atlanx

atlanx

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2015 - 16:49

I get the feeling you're being overly harsh. Perhaps there is a bug. It happens. But, in order to fix a bug, the team has to be able to replicate it in their studio, so they can figure out what's going on.

Sorry that you interprete this - i had no intention to be harsh.

Back to topic:

I tried now to restart the game. Then i have to get attention of "Mama" again. But still same result. There is no interaction symbol (Hand) or eye symbol at the door or door handle.

The light swirl stands in front of this door which i want to open (not after the kitchen).

What can i do now?

(My version is from GOG - if this is important.: This one: http://www.gog.com/g...special_edition )

| i5 2500K 4x3.3GHz | MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Z68 | 8GB Kingston HyperX | 480W BeQuiet! Straight Power CM E9 | TFT BenQ BL2411PT (IPS) 1920x1200 16:10 | XBOX 360 Controller + WinAdapter | Win7 x64 GERMAN |

#19 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 18 December 2015 - 17:00

Have you tried loading an earlier save, from the start of the interlude for instance? If it's a random bug, it may not appear then.

April Ryan is my friend,

#20 atlanx

atlanx

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2015 - 17:04

Now i loaded the interlude start savepoint.

Yes, with this it worked - the swirl disappeared through the closed door - then the interaction hand appeared.

Thx for help.

• khh likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Spoiler, bug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users