Photo

Here some remarks for information (French localization)

Bugs forgotten things

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 16:26

1. If I am suppose to have a journal with the J letter on the keyboard, then, it does'nt show up! I checked the in game commands to be sure about what key activate the journal, And I'm having no problem with the goal window. I found that de english journal is there, I just have to swich to english whenever I want to read the journal, and put french again after that, on the fly, that is good then.

2. Some of the french subtitle aren't there, like at the intro video, the summery of Dreamfall longest journey end is written in big english letters without the french subtitles below. ShitBot also miss a lot of his french subtitle and is the only interaction that seems to miss them for now.

3. The most lagguy place is inside pandemonium, where mira and wit work.

I let you know if I find something else here in this topic...

#2 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:32

Up and about for one final kind of miss element...

I hear many things while the credit rolls, but it is a total blank screen...

Is it because the credit have'nt been done yet in french?

If yes, then it is solve, if not, i'm sure you'll like the fact that I say it!...

(Just finished book one, people are gonna be impatient, but not me, I find interesting how this story takes it's sweet time to place everything in order.

I think that's the kind of risk that is missing from many videogames, but also on many other medium.)

• Tina likes this

#3 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 29 October 2014 - 19:41

Thanks for your kind words about the game. Really cool to hear that you enjoyed the experience and our approach to the story! :D

As for the issues with the Credits and the Journal: Yes, this is because the french localization (text if you will) for these were not in the game, unfortunately.

They should be added in the coming update/patch, though, along with some other fixes that addresses some missing dialogue lines in different languages. ;)

• khh likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#4 ct2651

ct2651

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2117 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:49

Ok, so,

The general performance is good to very good now.

Mira and Wit pendemonium is now fluid instead of dropping in FPS... (good idea reducing the different light source for helping the GPU)

The line in french from the shitbot are now properly sutitled and the journal is there full time.

I will return soon here to say if something else is happening.

• Tina likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, forgotten things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users