• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 22:37

Hello There , Im new here and im in love with the story of Dream fall I saw the first saga (TLJ) On youtube and i under stand the whole plot , however i have a lot of questions:

First is what happened in the collapse ?

And whats the undreaming ? 

But the main one is : in DF Damian helped zoe to his heart content he even kissed her so why in DFC they said he was the master mind ? I mean is it just a story they told zoe after she woke up ? like olivia's story ? ( R.I.P Her T____T) 

and oooh one last question : Why did zoe say to her dad to beware of Reza Saying : ( its not him ) I dont know if u guys have the answer considering it may be answered in the books to come

P.S : I think that the child thats born in DFC is the Incarnation of April ^^ ( hes a shiftier )  

omg i have so many questions i dont know the rules of this fourm and im so sorry if i broke any BUT IM SO HAPPY I FOUND A PLACE TO TALK ABOUT DF XDXDXD

#82 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 March 2015 - 23:10

Hi!

We don't know much about Collapse. It happend at the same time as Gordon Halloway became 13th Guardian. Some people in Stark just vanished.

Undreaming isn't explained much. It is a force which was "prisoned" untill 1933 when it was unchained by Brian Westhouse. Most likely Undreaming is ultimate master behind Dream Conspiracy. My theory is that Undreaming is some kind of destruction force and it was related to the Apocalypse on original Earth.

In DF Damian helped zoe to his heart content he even kissed her so why in DFC they said he was the master mind ? I mean is it just a story they told zoe after she woke up ? like olivia's story ? ( R.I.P Her T____T) 

WATIcorp released a cover story for Static incident where they said that Damien was a rogue worker of WATI who was going to use Dreamachine to read people's minds. It was fake story. It was Peats who wanted do this but he was killed by Gillmore.

and oooh one last question : Why did zoe say to her dad to beware of Reza Saying : ( its not him ) I dont know if u guys have the answer considering it may be answered in the books to come 

It isn't clear and let's hope that we will got more about this in Book Two. Reza is supcious for sure. We don't know what happend to him during Zoe's journey in Dreamfall.

P.S : I think that the child thats born in DFC is the Incarnation of April ^^ ( hes a shiftier )  

Its possible but it isn't solved yet. Saga can be a reborn/rebirth April or April from the past.

Since all of your questions releated to Dreamfall Chapters i think that this thread should be moved to DFC Story&Lore. TLJ saga story discussion is for TLJ and Dreamfall. Chapters has separate forum.

• Riaise and Zangetsu like this

#83 Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:35

Hi!

We don't know much about Collapse. It happend at the same time as Gordon Halloway became 13th Guardian. Some people in Stark just vanished.

Undreaming isn't explained much. It is a force which was "prisoned" untill 1933 when it was unchained by Brian Westhouse. Most likely Undreaming is ultimate master behind Dream Conspiracy. My theory is that Undreaming is some kind of destruction force and it was related to the Apocalypse on original Earth.

In DF Damian helped zoe to his heart content he even kissed her so why in DFC they said he was the master mind ? I mean is it just a story they told zoe after she woke up ? like olivia's story ? ( R.I.P Her T____T) 

WATIcorp released a cover story for Static incident where they said that Damien was a rogue worker of WATI who was going to use Dreamachine to read people's minds. It was fake story. It was Peats who wanted do this but he was killed by Gillmore.

It isn't clear and let's hope that we will got more about this in Book Two. Reza is supcious for sure. We don't know what happend to him during Zoe's journey in Dreamfall.

Its possible but it isn't solved yet. Saga can be a reborn/rebirth April or April from the past.

Since all of your questions releated to Dreamfall Chapters i think that this thread should be moved to DFC Story&Lore. TLJ saga story discussion is for TLJ and Dreamfall. Chapters has separate forum.

THANK U SO  VERY MUCH !!!! ^^ as i said i dont know the rules for this forum , I will be posting in DFC's Forum!!
Again thank u so much for answering !! im glad to know thats im not the only one that thinks Reza is suspicious , after all zoe did say in book one of DFC " Hes acting weird " ! and as for Westhouse When u say he unchained the undreaimg do u mean when he gone to the story time and the vagabond told him to go away ?

anyways Thanks For the 3rd time ^^ XD im really happy to find people who loves the story as i do  

#84 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:52

and as for Westhouse When u say he unchained the undreaimg do u mean when he gone to the story time and the vagabond told him to go away ?

Yeah. In "Tainted" you can listen two monks who said that Brian is perfect and that Undreaming will be unleashed. Then Brian arrived in Storytime, Vagabond was scared and Undreaming "attacked" Brian. Is Brian a Prophet aka Thief of Dreams? We will see in Dreamfall Chapters.

#85 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2877 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:08

I'll move the thread over to the appropriate forum ;)

Edit: I think also there is another thread about Damian here. I'm on my phone, and at work, so can't really search it up right now. But maybe this should be merged worth the previous thread as well (if I didn't just imagine the other thread) :)
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#86 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2739 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:22

I'll move the thread over to the appropriate forum ;)

Edit: I think also there is another thread about Damian here. I'm on my phone, and at work, so can't really search it up right now. But maybe this should be merged worth the previous thread as well (if I didn't just imagine the other thread) :)

It can be moved to Questions and Theories thread. Just think. I'm not a mod ;)

#87 kellkerrick

kellkerrick

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:56

I want them both back.

I want them both back too :)

#88 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:14

That's a good point Tina, so I did merge the threads. They cover similar points. And btw Zangetsu you're not breaking any rules or anything. It's just nice to keep things clean and tidy. I'm happy you're here and hope you will stick around and participate in the discussions, there should be some juicy ones coming up now when Book Two gets released. The rules are pretty simple here anyhow, it's basically just to be nice. You won't have any problems.

I'll just edit in a quote to the above post as well to make it clear what happened there, hope you don't mind kellkerrick.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#89 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:32

Hello There , Im new here and i

A lot of things happened in the Collapse. The collapse happened directly after events in TLJ, I believe it happened either the day April went to the Guardian's Realm or the next one.

I'm thinking that the collapse was probably caused by the new Guardian reasserting the Balance and fixing everything that had slipped up during Adrian's 200 extra years. This caused various kinds of hyper modern technology to stop working in Stark, including FTL travel and communications, anti-gravity units and neural interfaces. So contact was lost with most of the space colonies.

There also seems to have been unrest and political collapse, but we don't know a lot about that. Additionally Charlie indicates that strange things happened, but he doesn't say what. I'm thinking cross contamination from Arcadia making magic happen, or making magical creatures appear.

We know very little of how it affected Arcadia. I think it's of particular note that the Azadi now have some kind of steam technology, which they shouldn't have. Though we don't know for certain that they didn't have it before the collapse.

Yeah ... that one's up for grabs. We don't really know. We aren't even a 100 % sure it's bad.

But the main one is : in DF Damian helped zoe to his heart content he even kissed her so why in DFC they said he was the master mind ? I mean is it just a story they told zoe after she woke up ? like olivia's story ? ( R.I.P Her T____T) 

Damian was almost definitively a good guy in Dreamfall, I think the bad guys are just using him as a scape goat. As Zoë said, it's just so convenient.

Personally I don't believe that Liv's truly dead either, I think that's how she covered her tracks when the EYE was out to get her. We'll see though.

Yeah ... this is another one of those "we don't know" things. If you recall Alvin Peats, the big blubby fat conencted to wires guy in Dreamfall, said he's "eaten Reza's dreams". A lot of people think that the Reza we see in DFC is an imposter, or has been brainwashed. We don't know though.

April Ryan is my friend,

#90 Vanya-illin

Vanya-illin

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:32

We know very little of how it affected Arcadia. I think it's of particular note that the Azadi now have some kind of steam technology, which they shouldn't have. Though we don't know for certain that they didn't have it before the collapse.

I recall April commenting that the Azadi claim to reject magic, yet their technology actually depends on it, and may be similar to the magi-tech in the strange city beneath Marcuria. Alchemy could also be considered a blending of science and magic. Back in TLJ it was described as the lowest order of magic, as it didn't require any magical talent and could be learned by any educated person.

• khh likes this

#91 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 10 March 2015 - 18:36

I recall April commenting that the Azadi claim to reject magic, yet their technology actually depends on it, and may be similar to the magi-tech in the strange city beneath Marcuria. Alchemy could also be considered a blending of science and magic. Back in TLJ it was described as the lowest order of magic, as it didn't require any magical talent and could be learned by any educated person.

Yeah, that's true. I still find the timing of the appearance of hextech very suspicious.

April Ryan is my friend,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dream, fall, chapters, book, one, Damian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users