• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:01

I just finished book 1 and I have a question.

I didn't fully understand what happened to Damien. Did he commit suicide? Could someone explain this part to me?

I am deeply saddened with Damien's and Olivia's final fates. Zoe's first journey truly destroyed everything in its path. There was just too much offscreen and onscreen death in this book. Considering Naane is the only one that showed up in this chapter, Brynn and Chawan might also be dead. This was all quite hardcore. I wasn't expecting this many deaths to be honest. Even the Warden didn't get a free pass from this massacre. No matter what you choose he was a goner. It was really an emotional journey. I am glad they ended the book with the baby. That was a good distraction from all this carnage. ;)

• Valiah and Igelwelt like this

#2 kellkerrick

kellkerrick

Fringe Café Regular

• Dreamer
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:13

Yeah, regarding Damien, it wasn't explicitly stated, just implied. I came to the same conclusion too. I am hoping that maybe this is just a red herring. Maybe there is an underground resistance movement or something. Sad about Olivia too.

#3 TheSlayer

TheSlayer

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:20

They made it sound like Damien got executed and the blame that WATI actually has was displaced onto him instead. I was most upset by Olivia's death, she was one of my favorite characters from Dreamfall but I also couldn't believe he died too.  :unsure: I would like for them to come back but who knows.

• Igelwelt likes this

Here to slay vampires & the Undreaming.

One little push and she's in the river, no one will know it was...wait, what am I thinking? You don't want to end up on Most Wanted. Well... No.

#4 Tamahome

Tamahome

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:13

I just finished book 1 and I have a question.

I didn't fully understand what happened to Damien. Did he commit suicide? Could someone explain this part to me?

I am deeply saddened with Damien's and Olivia's final fates. Zoe's first journey truly destroyed everything in its path. There was just too much offscreen and onscreen death in this book. Considering Naane is the only one that showed up in this chapter, Brynn and Chawan might also be dead. This was all quite hardcore. I wasn't expecting this many deaths to be honest. Even the Warden didn't get a free pass from this massacre. No matter what you choose he was a goner. It was really an emotional journey. I am glad they ended the book with the baby. That was a good distraction from all this carnage. ;)

Where did you see Na'ane? I didn't see her at all, but as for Brynn and Chawan......

rebels_zps65c05420.jpg

• wandrew, Bruno, Igelwelt and 1 other like this

#5 DollyDagger

DollyDagger

Arcadia Native

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:53

Damien's death was sad as hell, though not really surprising considering the forces at work (*shakes fist at forces and swears revenge*). Olivia though.. I am still DESPERATELY hoping that she maybe faked her own death and is in hiding? Cmon, that's totally a thing she would do, right? She'd see the heat coming and have an exit plan! Right? ...Right?? *trembling bottom lip*

• Jecica, Mr Moo and Igelwelt like this

#6 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:32

Damien's death was sad as hell, though not really surprising considering the forces at work (*shakes fist at forces and swears revenge*). Olivia though.. I am still DESPERATELY hoping that she maybe faked her own death and is in hiding? Cmon, that's totally a thing she would do, right? She'd see the heat coming and have an exit plan! Right? ...Right?? *trembling bottom lip*

I hope so. It will be a real shame if she is gone for good.

• wandrew and Igelwelt like this

#7 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:41

It seems that "the bad guys" managed to catch Damien and brainwashed him into recording himself admitting that he planted a virus in the Dreamcore and that he was part of a conspiracy to take over the world through dreams (I wonder if he implicated someone else as well), before killing himself. I don't think we'll be seeing more of him, though we may hear more about the circumstances surrounding his death.

• Igelwelt likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#8 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:27

Damien I can believe...Olivia though >.> she faked her death there's no way they took her down that easy. Absolutely no way.

jHevh80.jpg

#9 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:35

I seem to have missed the Damien main part. I remember hearing Zoë saying that he was blamed for the whole Wati scandal, but when does she say that he was executed??

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#10 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:39

NOT executed, apparently he took his own life after making an "I'm so sorry, it was all my fault" video.

• Igelwelt likes this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#11 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:40

I also remember hearing that he admitted the whole thing... Apparently I was so shocked by that that I missed the most important part. Yay me.

• Igelwelt likes this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

#12 DarkPerson

DarkPerson

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:45

I also remember hearing that he admitted the whole thing... Apparently I was so shocked by that that I missed the most important part. Yay me.

I don't blame you. I only noticed it during my second playthrough. It is a complete shame that Zoe remembers nothing. It just adds more salt to the wound.

• Igelwelt likes this

#13 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:20

It will be heartbreaking when/if Zöe finally remembers.

I believe Damian was forced to admit and then kill himself. I hold hopes that Liv is in hiding somewhere. Please be in hiding somewhere!

• Tina, Mr Moo, NeilClaimer and 2 others like this

#14 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:24

What is said ingame is something like "He admitted to it all before ... you know. At least this absolves WATIcorp."

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#15 Aj17

Aj17

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:26

It will be heartbreaking when/if Zöe finally remembers.

I believe Damian was forced to admit and then kill himself. I hold hopes that Liv is in hiding somewhere. Please be in hiding somewhere!

I know right? Feel so bad for her already.. >.>

• RoyMartin and Igelwelt like this

jHevh80.jpg

#16 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:34

I know right? Feel so bad for her already.. >.>

I hope she will remember in the next book.

And I wonder if Queenie will be involved in her remembering? I have a feeling she has some tricks up her sleeve. Or maybe Roman will have a giant breakthrough in a therapy session.

• wandrew, Aj17 and Igelwelt like this

#17 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:43

What is said ingame is something like "He admitted to it all before ... you know. At least this absolves WATIcorp."

Oh. I think i actually got the whole thing backwards. As in "he admitted to it all before", as in, "in the past", or "more than one time". My brain is weird.

Subconscious much? I don't know, I never really warmed up to Damien, but who knows...

• khh likes this

#18 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:51

Oh. I think i actually got the whole thing backwards. As in "the admitted to it all before", as in, "in the past", or "more than one time". My brain is weird.

Subconscious much? I don't know, I never really warmed up to Damien, but who knows...

Yeah, I managed to block out April being stabbed after the first time I played Dreamfall. I went to the forums, read about it, and went "Wait! That didn't happen, did it?"

• wandrew, Silvirish4ever, Bruno and 1 other like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#19 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:53

Yeah, I managed to block out April being stabbed after the first time I played Dreamfall. I went to the forums, read about it, and went "Wait! That didn't happen, did it?"

Sounds like you suffered from Posttraumatic Stress Syndrome :)

• Igelwelt likes this

#20 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2736 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:53

I remember that before release RTG said that Damien and Liv won't be in Chapters but we'll find out what happend with them. So here we go.

• Igelwelt likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dream, fall, chapters, book, one, Damian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users