50 replies to this topic

#41 Pixelfenix

Pixelfenix

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 21:16

Wasn't that book supposed to help close the gap between the 2 games? It's going to become pointless pretty soon :(

#42 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7095 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 21:20

I can't recall what the book was supposed to be about actually. I may look into that later.

RTG said this in the latest kickstarter update, though, so I expect mroe info is coming soon

We'll be back soon with another update, and next time we will talk a bit about Kickstarter

rewards, since we do get some questions from backers about the timelines for both the

digital and physical rewards.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#43 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2073 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 20 March 2015 - 21:21

Not pointless in any way, I would say, but it would be beneficial if it was done soon(er), yes.

#44 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6149 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 21:22

The way it turned out, there isn't really a gap to be closed. Or rather: no gap that the game narrative doesn't want to close by itself.

As of right now, I see J:B more as a means to flesh out the universe some more.

• khh likes this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#45 Desotho

Desotho

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 22:04

I guess this is still missing. Upgraded to special edition because i wanted to read it.

Yes, i saw gog said "coming soon" but i thought this was a mistake when i saw the information was from october 2014. According to this it was even announced for 2013 O.o

Any status here?

#46 MisterMetropolis

MisterMetropolis

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:45

All the Kickstarter rewards (including the in-game bonuses) will probably be finished after the full game is finished and the final version with all the extras is released.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

"But even if we don't reach that lofty goal this time around, we hope to some day still be able to tell this story. April's story, all of it. All that remains of it. Because it needs to be told. And you all deserve to hear it. And we would love to share it with you." - RTG, March 1, 2013

"Even if we don't get to $2 million, we will still look into ways of making The Longest Journey Home a reality...some day. It's a story we all want to tell, and we won't let it die.- RTG, March 9, 2013

#47 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:38

The last thing we heard was that it was delayed because of spoilers. But that was before Book 1, so it's been a while.

At least, these stories were originally delayed on purpose, even though we haven't gotten any more specifics about it. Last thing I heard (100% unofficially) was that they were more or less completed.

So I'm thinking they'll either be released between Book 4 and 5, or together with Book 5. Unless they need to go through them, and need to do that after Book 5, due to being busy with final launch.

• TalkingOak likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#48 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 21:33

I think Ragnar said in general that they're putting all their effort on the game and they'll take care of the extras after they're finished.

Since the game really grew in size and content, you can hardly blame them for prioritizing their work given the small team.

• Tina likes this

#49 endriu84

endriu84

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 22:25

Just winder if we ever get these pdfs?

Or is the Journey's Birth project dead already?

#50 Ringtail

Ringtail

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts
  • LocationRockville, MD, USA

Posted 27 November 2017 - 00:20

Just winder if we ever get these pdfs?

Or is the Journey's Birth project dead already?

There's been no news on the PDFs.  Nothing has changed since Tina's post above...[checks date]...from two years ago.  Eesh.

#51 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6149 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 19:51

I guess none of the Kickstarter rewards (and, I might add, Special Edition extras) has the same kind of troubled history as the Journeys: Birth stories. Originally advertised as something that will come out long before the first episode of the game hits, meant to close the gap between Dreamfall and Chapters, it has been postponed countless times while its actual purpose has been redefined to fit exactly the time frame the stories were meant to come out at the time of redefinition.

We can all agree that more than one and a half years after the last episode came out can not reasonably be reinterpreted as the sweet spot of release. :|

I really, really wish they'd just SAY what keeps this stuff in eternal limbo. But alas. Official communication of any kind is in short supply.

• Jecica, Edreamer Jamil, TalkingOak and 8 others like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users