Posted 01 February 2015 - 14:16

Anything new regarding this? :)

#22 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 February 2015 - 14:30

Sorry, no. We haven't had any more info on this.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#23 WorldsReunited

WorldsReunited

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 17:34

Hopefully with book 2.

#24 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:14

This short-story collection contains three novellas and a bridging story that delve into the background of characters you will encounter in Dreamfall Chapters. Journeys: Birth will be available in a variety of formats, including PDF, EPUB and MOBI, printed paperback, and an exclusive audiobook version. The digital text versions of this collection will be available in 2013.

Urghhh. Running a teensy bit late. Official word?

• Teller and Edreamer Jamil like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#25 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7106 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:24

Urghhh. Running a teensy bit late. Official word?

Now that you mention it... It is possible that Ragnar said the stories got a little too spoilery in the process of writing them, and that they will be published along side book 5. Now I am not sure if I'm remember that correctly, so take it with a pitcher of salt, but it is possible that's what's happening here.

• NeilClaimer and debro like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#26 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3090 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:25

Now that you mention it... It is possible that Ragnar said the stories got a little too spoilery in the process of writing them, and that they will be published along side book 5. Now I am not sure if I'm remember that correctly, so take it with a pitcher of salt, but it is possible that's what's happening here.

I do have such a recollection as well, actually.

#27 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2419 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:26

I think it was with Book 2...?

• khh likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#28 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:28

You really want to leave the quote digging to me, don't ya?! :P

• khh and toremygg like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#29 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 February 2015 - 20:28

I do remember he said it was spoilery,and that it was good book 1 came out before them. But I don't recall anything about "along with book 5". I know I still have been expecting them before that, at least.
  • khh and CosmicD like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#30 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 01 February 2015 - 21:16

He said it was spoilery for book 1. Maybe parts of book 2? But last I heard it was still supposed to be Soon™.
  • Tina, khh, toremygg and 3 others like this

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#31 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:50

The most relevant information about Journey's Birth that I know is from Ragnar's posts in the Steam forum from back in November and it's a bit conflicting as well. First he said that:

The e-book ended up being a bit delayed, but it's coming very soon! We will let you know!

Those stories are not really crucial for playing the beginning of Chapters. In fact, they are much more important for books two and three, so feel free to start playing before reading them.

(In fact, we would actually encourage playing Book One before reading Journeys Birth, to avoid spoilers.)

and a few days later he said:

We are still working on the short-stories, and we apologise for the delay. We would recommend playing Book One (and maybe Book Two) before reading the stories, since there will be SOME spoilers.

Beats me what this actually means for either the release date or to how "spoilerific" the stories are for Books 1 and/or 2.

"It's a mystery", I suppose.  ;)

• Tina, agirlnamedbob, Vainamoinen and 3 others like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#32 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 17:06

Now that book 2 is out, are the e-books finally going to be released? What about the map of Arcadia?

#33 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6153 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 17:14

Ohhhh the map would be great as well. I'm all for it!

Let's get that stuffz out now.

We would recommend playing Book One (and maybe Book Two) before reading the stories, since there will be SOME spoilers.

We're obviously ready now. ;)

#34 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 March 2015 - 18:28

Maybe they'll come bundled with the Interlude. Or the Special Treat that was mentioned. *crosses fingers*

• khh and Artephius like this

#35 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:27

Maybe they'll come bundled with the Interlude. Or the Special Treat that was mentioned. *crosses fingers*

You mean we have to wait,like, another four months? The next Interlude is going to be in book 3, right?

And what do the e-books have to do with the special treat? If i remember correctly, i'm not totally certain, the special treat is something only for the people who didn't get the early access reward.

#36 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2091 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:29

Nobody got any early access reward for book 2, and it doesn't warrant any special treat.

As I, maybe naively, understood it, the interlude for book 2 would be patched in later(?) or something.

#37 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:30

Oh, no no. Sorry! Not what I meant to imply.

Ragnar said in another thread that Book Two has an interlude, but that they wanted the current ending to "stand on its own" for a bit, so that Interlude will be coming separately. 

And yes, these are part of something totally unrelated to the special treat. I just meant that if the special treat involves batching out files to everyone (like the Interlude will), they may batch these PDFs out while they're at it. 

I hope that makes more sense. 

• khh and thelj like this

#38 urzagc13

urzagc13

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1052 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:34

Just so we're not getting false rumors out there, I'm not entirely sure (and I wouldn't bet on) some "interlude adding" update happening before Book 3's release. Maybe that's what Ragnar's post meant (I don't think his wording is entirely clear) and maybe it will happen, but let's not expect it yet (unless they say it again and in more clear terms).

• agirlnamedbob, khh and Mr Moo like this

Giorgos Chrysikopoulos - Dream Traveller

Check out the unofficial (headcanon) backstory of my Europolis Most Wanted Dreamfall Character: meet the "The Scientist Thief"!

#39 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:37

Oh, no no. Sorry! Not what I meant to imply.

Ragnar said in another thread that Book Two has an interlude, but that they wanted the current ending to "stand on its own" for a bit, so that Interlude will be coming separately. 

And yes, these are part of something totally unrelated to the special treat. I just meant that if the special treat involves batching out files to everyone (like the Interlude will), they may batch these PDFs out while they're at it. 

I hope that makes more sense. 

Yes, now it makes total sense. Thanks!

• agirlnamedbob likes this

#40 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:26

For the sake of clarity/posterity, this is the comment we're referring to: 

I guess it needs to be, where RTG say it is. I would have loved another HoAW Interlude myself. Guess its not part of the story at this point.

Oh, it is part of the story, and it is coming. Book Two needed to stand alone — that ending needs to breathe — but it's coming.

So yeah. No idea when it will be coming. But it is apparently coming. Which means it could be coming as a separate thing. Or maybe it'll be tagged on to the beginning of Book Three. No idea. 

I just mentioned it as more of a "If coming as a patch/add on thingy between now and then, then maybe around then they will also take it as an opportunity to do this other thing. 

I don't want to make any promises for RTG or give anyone the wrong impression. 

Hope my ass is now thoroughly covered. ;)

• khh, Em_TC and Mr Moo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users