#41 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:24

Dreamfall Chapters: correcting cooking misconceptions since 2014.

Future scene where we play as Reza and have to choose between using a frying pan and a pot. The debate is renewed and all hope is lost.

• wandrew, Tina, Riaise and 3 others like this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

Dreamfall Chapters Transcript | Twitch Stream

#42 dreamfall

dreamfall

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:23

My Zoë has been having a hard time with things. I was completely choosing things to avoid romance with either- honestly, I was madly in love with Queenie's presence. These men just aren't doing it for me/her!

• Mr Moo likes this

#43 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:35

Pretty sure it's meant to be cooked in a frying pan. Ex-chef husband says frying pan. Google search shows it in a frying pan. Frying pan it is!

Dreamfall Chapters: correcting cooking misconceptions since 2014.

I learned something new today.

• Bruno likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#44 Valiah

Valiah

Arcadia Native

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:38

I totally missed the option to flirt with the shrink. I think I may have been a little too pre-occupied with picking the "right" conversation choices, knowing that anything I said in the game could have consequences later on in other parts. I'm definitely going to try it on my next play through.

Oh, and count me as someone who also cooks risotto in a frying pan, albeit a deep frying pan, not some shallow-sided crepe pan or anything. That said, I have been known to also cook it in a wok, and that works pretty well too.  

I didn't catch the option to flirt with him either.. Since each dialogue choice has a consequence and you can't just go through and exhaust every option, I found myself making choices very carefully. But I suppose that's where the replay value comes from.  New avenues to be explored. 

Also... I cook Risotto in a deep cast iron frying pan. Comes out perfect every time.

WARNING: This post may contain opinions, and they might not be yours

#45 lunitaire

lunitaire

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationModern Day Atlantis

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:05

I totally missed the option to flirt with the shrink. I think I may have been a little too pre-occupied with picking the "right" conversation choices, knowing that anything I said in the game could have consequences later on in other parts. I'm definitely going to try it on my next play through.

Oh, and count me as someone who also cooks risotto in a frying pan, albeit a deep frying pan, not some shallow-sided crepe pan or anything. That said, I have been known to also cook it in a wok, and that works pretty well too.  

I did the same thing.  I was super paranoid about what all I should say to him since I wasn't sure what kind of danger Zoe was in.  I didn't realize flirting was even an option.

#46 Bluejay

Bluejay

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:42

I'm afraid I noticed nothing. :lol:  I just click, click, click.

Faith Manages - Delenn / Babylon 5

"Throw it and you're bedroom shoes!" - Honor Harrington to Nimitz

Dester'edre shena Tale'sedrin

Home
Asheron's Call | LOTRO | SWTOR | Guild Wars 2 | Star Citizen

#47 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:59

Pretty sure it's meant to be cooked in a frying pan. Ex-chef husband says frying pan. Google search shows it in a frying pan. Frying pan it is!

That is very interesting. I have been cooking risotto for years now, and always in a big pan (don't really know the specific name for it in English). I have checked recipes with a few Italian friends, and they all do the same. As do the recipes I have found in Italian cooking books and websites.

But... yes, Google does show some interesting discussions on the best pans to use for risotto. And recipes clearly mentioning frying pans. So now my world is shattered - but Reza is still very creepy!  :P

• Silvirish4ever likes this

Bruno Espadana, no panda abuser.

I have a website - and also an Instagram account!

#48 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationTop of the world

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:09

That is very interesting. I have been cooking risotto for years now, and always in a big pan (don't really know the specific name for it in English). I have checked recipes with a few Italian friends, and they all do the same. As do the recipes I have found in Italian cooking books and websites.

I'm with you, man. Must be the Latin blood!

• Bruno likes this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

Solving mysteries with my punch-line-expert partner - Goatee-S. strokebeard.gif

#49 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:26

We are all so very clearly focused on the bigger picture. The correct cooking of risotto is absolutely a key point in this story. :P

• khh, Silvirish4ever, Mr Moo and 3 others like this

"This story, like all good stories, begins where it ends, in a tower, in a realm that is no more." - Lady Alvane

"I will stop doing this thing that I love and makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey." - Shitbot

#50 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:28

We are all so very clearly focused on the bigger picture. The correct cooking of risotto is absolutely a key point in this story. :P

Well, apparently choosing either sausages or cheese soup IS a turning point in the story, so we better get our cooking facts straight. The consequences could be catastrophic, otherwise!

• mrKnask, Bruno, DollyDagger and 1 other like this

Leader of the League of Glasses! If you are a fellow glasses wearer, or just find glasses cool, join us!

#51 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:34

Well, apparently choosing either sausages or cheese soup IS a turning point in the story, so we better get our cooking facts straight. The consequences could be catastrophic, otherwise!

This is both true and vital. Zoë believes lunch is the most important meal of the day, but is still willing to serve her boyfriend sausages he hates. Discuss.

• wandrew, Mr Moo and DollyDagger like this

#52 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:37

Yup!

And I am eagerly waiting for The Longest Roasting - Recipes from the Salty Seaman Kitchen™ book!

• wandrew, WorldsReunited, khh and 5 others like this

#53 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:37

This is both true and vital. Zoë believes lunch is the most important meal of the day, but is still willing to serve her boyfriend sausages he hates. Discuss.

Hey, I chose the soup. If the dude wants to die of boredom, that's his problem.
  • WorldsReunited, Eveolene, Bruno and 2 others like this

#54 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:38

I gave him the sausages. Serves him good.

• WorldsReunited, Riaise and Eveolene like this

#55 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:39

I gave him sausages too. What kind of journalist doesn't try new foods?

• wandrew likes this

#56 Silvirish4ever

Silvirish4ever

Vestrum Crier

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:40

The CREEPY kind that focuses on freaking sodas instead of researching conspiracies where people died because of HIM. Seriously.Can't get over it.

• wandrew and oblivione like this

#57 Eveolene

Eveolene

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:41

In his defence, he does complain that Sofia should be doing it instead of him.

• wandrew likes this

#58 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:49

In his defence, he does complain that Sofia should be doing it instead of him.

Who's Sofia? I can't remember that reference...

#59 RoyMartin

RoyMartin

Fringe Café Regular

• Shifter
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:28

Who's Sofia? I can't remember that reference...

She works in The Hand that Feeds, a new journalist there.

I'm sure she'll show up later.

#60 Bruno

Bruno

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2420 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:32

• RoyMartin likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users