#1 skidpro

skidpro

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 October 2014 - 20:06

Sorry, I wanna upgrade my game to SP, but steam will not let me and the gog version I got I gotta pay another £6....If I do it I want it SP on steam which is what I thought I was getting...I was wrong my $25 pledge isn't enough apparently...

TIA

#2 TalkingOak

TalkingOak

Harbinger of the Balance

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7348 posts
  • LocationBeyond the Fields We Know

Posted 22 October 2014 - 20:27

You will get the SE extras as everyone who pledged $20+ is getting the extras. They are just taking a while to sync on humble but they should be up soon according to RTG. :)

• Em_TC likes this
The Talking Oak
aka. Ben
~-~

Twitter - Steam - GOG - Blog - Instagram - Good Reads

#3 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 20:29

Yeah, you don't have to pay for an upgrade. As Ben says, they will appear in on your Humble page soon. We don't know exactly when.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#4 skidpro

skidpro

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:10

thanks peoples but how does the humble page affect the steam and gog games???

#5 Oddsor

Oddsor

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:11

Hi!

As suggested I sent a request to support for a key for the GoG version and received it earlier today. However I didn't realize that the special edition was a tier reward and I've now redeemed a non-special edition on GoG even though I have the special edition tier! Would it be possible to upgrade my version somehow if I contact support?

It'd be nice to have the special edition on GoG for sake of completeness! Humble's account library is a bit messy. I'd write to support directly, but maybe other people visit this forum wondering about the same thing later on.

#6 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:15

There's a Special Edition upgrade for sale at GoG, for that exact purpose, I would assume?

This one: DLC: DREAMFALL CHAPTERS - SEASON PASS SPECIAL EDITION UPGRADE

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:15

thanks peoples but how does the humble page affect the steam and gog games???

It doesn't. You will still have the same version there.

However, all the content from the special edition that's not in the regular edition, will be available for backers on their humble page.

April Ryan is my friend,

#8 Daerandin

Daerandin

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:16

I also received the regular edition on GOG. It is not a big deal to me, but I always prefer to use GOG. If it is possible to get keys for the special edition for those of us who are eligible for a special edition then I'm sure all of us would be very happy.

#9 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:19

You will get the rest of the extra content in Humble!

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#10 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:23

skidpro, sorry I edited your title, it was just very long and it seems people are still asking the same thing, so..

Easier to notice for other people now :)

• skidpro likes this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:25

I also received the regular edition on GOG. It is not a big deal to me, but I always prefer to use GOG. If it is possible to get keys for the special edition for those of us who are eligible for a special edition then I'm sure all of us would be very happy.

I'm sorry, no.

April Ryan is my friend,

#12 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:32

It doesn't. You will still have the same version there.

However, all the content from the special edition that's not in the regular edition, will be available for backers on their humble page.

That is very wrong and makes backers inferior to Steam Store pre-purchasers. Red Thread must create a separate special edition DLC on Steam and provide backers keys for it. It's very easy to do and I don't see any problem with that. I could've just pre-purchased the game on Steam, but I supported the devs instead and now I get an inferior Steam version compared to my friends who just pre-purchased? Are you kidding me? No, it is NOT okay for me to have it on Humble instead, their servers can't compare to Valve's, and I don't want to go to random sites to download bits of my game's bonus content.
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-

#13 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:37

That is very wrong and makes backers inferior to Steam Store pre-purchasers. Red Thread must create a separate special edition DLC on Steam and provide backers keys for it. It's very easy to do and I don't see any problem with that. I could've just pre-purchased the game on Steam, but I supported the devs instead and now I get an inferior Steam version compared to my friends who just pre-purchased? Are you kidding me? No, it is NOT okay for me to have it on Humble instead, their servers can't compare to Valve's, and I don't want to go to random sites to download bits of my game's bonus content. Start doing things right for once, Red Thread.

Actually the people who've purchased the Steam Special Edition haven't gotten these extras yet either.

And the choice of distributor was not specified in the kickstarter. So long as we get everything, that's all I care about.

April Ryan is my friend,

#14 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:51

Actually the people who've purchased the Steam Special Edition haven't gotten these extras yet either.

It's not about getting extras now, it's about getting them on Steam at all.

In any case, the Special Edition DLC is already there, so hopefully DLC keys will be provided to all the backers making everyone happy.
If our children today don't have any dreams, we creators are guilty for not giving them dreams. We are culpable. We must create a dream to leave behind for the sake of our children.
-Hideo Kojima-

#15 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7098 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:53

I don't understand this. I don't understand why it matter where you get them from, rather than that you get them.

April Ryan is my friend,

#16 Mr Moo

Mr Moo

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2080 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 00:02

In any case, the Special Edition DLC is already there, so hopefully DLC keys will be provided to all the backers making everyone happy.

The only ones who could have had all their content on Steam or GoG right now, would be the $20/$25 backers (one of them being you, it seems?), as everyone $50+ are eligible for additional addons, which aren't for sale on Steam or GoG, at least for now.

If, at some point in the future, all the digital backer content is added as DLCs to GoG and Steam, then all backers could possibly have all their digital content on Steam or GoG, but until that happens, I really don't see how it's possible. And I much rather only have the game on Steam, and the rest on Humble, than having the game and some, but not all, of my digital content on Steam.

• khh likes this

#17 Toff

Toff

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 23 October 2014 - 00:51

I don't understand this. I don't understand why it matter where you get them from, rather than that you get them.

The convenience of having all the game library in a single place is often the sole reason people even buy licensed game content these days. If you don't need that convenience, then it doesn't mean you need to argue with those who do.

The only ones who could have had all their content on Steam or GoG right now, would be the $20/$25 backers

You forgot the regular people who just pre-purchased the game on Steam.

as everyone $50+ are eligible for additional addons, which aren't for sale on Steam or GoG, at least for now

I was always against shredding base game content between different tiers, but that's another story and let's not get there at all. I don't see how your remark is even relevant to backers not getting Steam Special Edition of the game while regular buyers do.

If, at some point in the future, all the digital backer content is added as DLCs to GoG and Steam, then all backers could possibly have all their digital content on Steam or GoG

You're again talking about something completely different and irrelevant to what I'm talking about here.
I'm saying that I want to have the same Special Edition content on Steam that my friends who pre-purchased the game there got, I want it to be downloaded from Valve's servers, I want it to be put automatically into the game's folder etc.

but until that happens, I really don't see how it's possible.

There already is a Special Edition DLC content, get keys and distribute them via Humble similar to how the base game was distributed. Sounds easy enough. Also, Special Edition and high-tier content have little in common, in case you didn't know. This is not about high-tier content.

And I much rather only have the game on Steam, and the rest on Humble, than having the game and some, but not all, of my digital content on Steam.

Whatever pleases you. And I want it all on Steam. The point is, Red Thread should please everyone, and not just me or you. It's easy and should've been done in the first place for this discussion to not to happen at all, but alas.
  • skidpro likes this
-Hideo Kojima-

#18 skidpro

skidpro

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:43

I think Toff has a point, why couldn't the SP for backers just been on steam or gog right off the bat instead of split up between steam or gog and separate sites etc...

its valid and I would have liked that to, but it appears to get SP content we go to Humble and download it instead of steam pushing it to us automatically....thats a good point....

as people tend to forget to collect stuff dotted all over the place, whereas it should have been on steam or gog for backers straight away.....

and steam auto updates your game...easy..

instead we got flaff about with humble which doesn't seem necessary really...

#19 Whist

Whist

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMinnesota, US

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:56

and steam auto updates your game...easy..

I don't believe any aspects of the special edition content will be updated once its released, so that argument seems a bit strange. The extra content in the special edition consists of: the soundtrack, wallpapers, a few stories in PDF form, a few avatars, and a map.

Humble Bundle is as difficult to use as:

1) Visiting a web page.

2) Downloading the content (once it's available, that is).

From what I recall of the process when I first received my Humble Bundle link, you don't even need to register an account on Humble Bundle to access the content. You just visit a page with a secret token in the URL and grab the goodies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users