#41 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:04

So, my point still stands then :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#42 Kortes

Kortes

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 22:25

So, my point still stands then :)

With the book 4 still the problem persists. Just to describe it once more. Whenever I use the regedit fix after the start the game returns the resolution back to 2560 x 1440 instead of 3440 x 1440. it crashes only if I make the registry entry read only. I have 980ti and acer predator x34  3440 x 1440 monitor with the latest nvidia drivers. Could you please help with the issue. It would be really nice to play the game in ultrawide screen. 

#43 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 December 2015 - 00:13

Forcing the game into a resolution that is not currently supported may lead to unknown results.

I understand your request, but I can't say that it's something we're going to have time to look into any time soon.

However, there are no restrictions in place to force the resolution back to something else than what you've set it to be (even through the registry). 

Still though, I can't say what'll happen when someone forces the game into a non-supported resolution, but it's not something that's currently a priority.

I'm sorry that I can't help more with this, but I hope you understand our current position on this. :)

• Tina likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#44 Kortes

Kortes

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:48

Forcing the game into a resolution that is not currently supported may lead to unknown results.

I understand your request, but I can't say that it's something we're going to have time to look into any time soon.

However, there are no restrictions in place to force the resolution back to something else than what you've set it to be (even through the registry). 

Still though, I can't say what'll happen when someone forces the game into a non-supported resolution, but it's not something that's currently a priority.

I'm sorry that I can't help more with this, but I hope you understand our current position on this. :)

I got the point though I wonder why it's not supported in the first place. Does it differ somehow from all the others? Ultrawide screen is kinda popupar right now.

#45 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 04 December 2015 - 10:50

Yep, there's a bit of work to make sure especially GUI elements behave. And we simply haven't had time to make sure we support those resolution sbetween episode releases, updates and other work. So we've decided to support a select few (most popular) aspect ratios for now, and look more into it later. It's probably something we're going to support for PS4, so when we have it there, we're going to have the same support for PC.

#46 Kortes

Kortes

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 11:59

I found a solution for this problem. I use window mode and -popupwindow in the steam launch options to make it borderless. In window mode registry tweak works just fine.

• Morten and khh like this

#47 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:49

I found a solution for this problem. I use window mode and -popupwindow in the steam launch options to make it borderless. In window mode registry tweak works just fine.

Oh, good.

If you run into bugs, remember to try resetting to a standard resolution and see if that helps. As I recall especially the item GUI (the one that copes up when you right-click on an item in the inventory) used to be bugged at these resolutions.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#48 Dempf

Dempf

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:08

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this...

There seems to be some weirdness with the resolution. I'm trying to run the game in fullscreen at 2560x1440. I have a monitor configuration with multiple 1920x1080 monitors and a single 2560x1440 monitor which is set as primary monitor in Windows 10. It seems that the game is getting resolution information based on my #2 monitor which is 1920x1080. This means normally the highest resolution that I can select is 1920x1080. I can confirm that because when I run the game in windowed mode it chooses that particular 1920x1080 monitor to display on. If I run the game in fullscreen mode then the max I can choose is 1920x1080 (and I only see other resolutions supported by my 1920x1080 monitor).

The only way to get the game to display in full resolution on my primary monitor is to temporarily disable that particular 1920x1080 display before running the game (disabling via Windows display settings).

Using the registry workaround doesn't help..only disabling the #2 monitor works.

#49 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:32

Using the registry workaround doesn't help..only disabling the #2 monitor works.

In the registry there should be a value called "UnitySelectMonitor" which you can set to determines which monitor the game gets its list of resolutions from. Try setting it to a different value (it's probably either value 1 or 2 or 0 that's correct).

There's some more information in this thread. The team is aware of the problem.

http://redthreadgame...active-monitor/

• Mr Moo likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#50 Dempf

Dempf

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 07:18