• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DarrenPhoenix

DarrenPhoenix

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:41

I have a Razer Sabertooth controller using the Xbox 360 driver and it's plugged in via USB.  I've tried it plugged into a USB 3 port and through a USB 2 hub and it's not recognized in either case.  I'm a little surprised this is not recognized as an Xbox 360 controller since it's using Microsoft's drivers and it works in Chome, node-webkit, and Firefox as an Xbox 360 controller without any config on my part in the game I'm developing, which is running on Construct 2 (a javascript game engine) rather than Unity.  Anyways, just wanted to report this, but I'll probably create a profile in Pinnacle Game Profiler to get the controller working or maybe just keyboard and mouse it for my first play through.  I attached screenshots to show that it's using the XBOX 360 driver and which version.

Attached Files

#2 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 18:45

Yeah, for all I know that controller should seem to work.

However, this is not a controller that we have tested during development, so we can't say anything for sure.

By the way, you did plug in the controller before you started the game, right? If not, the game won't recognize it. 

Hope this helps :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#3 DarrenPhoenix

DarrenPhoenix

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 19:13

Yes, I plugged it in first the way you had to in Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.  Only reason I didn't start yesterday was I was trying to finish my replay of the first Dreamfall.

#4 DarrenPhoenix

DarrenPhoenix

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 21:31

Well, I setup a gamepad profile in Pinnacle Game Profiler and it works really well, but I decided that unlike the first Dreamfall, this game is easier with keyboard and mouse, so I guess this isn't a big deal to me.

• Morten likes this

#5 locutus13

locutus13

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:11

I can add a few other controllers that do not work on my computer with the game:

- Razer Sabertooth Elite
- Thrustmaster GPX
- Speedlink Xeox - in Xinput mode
- Speedlink Xeox - in DirectInput mode

I restarted the game for each test. I even tried restarting my computer once for the Sabretooth.

I attached a dxdiag.txt with the sabertooth connected - maybe it will help you with troubleshooting.

Attached File  DxDiag.txt   61.17KB   6 downloads

Going to play with keyboard and mouse now ...

#6 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 29 October 2014 - 19:58

Thanks for the list, locutus13.

I'm sorry that these controllers does not seem to work for you. We will take that into account in further development of the game. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#7 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 22:06

You could try this: https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

X360ce pretty much masks any USB controller as an xbox controller, it worked for me!

#8 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:30

Oh yes, thank you, CarefulSaint. I knew there was something I forgot to add to the FAQ :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Razer, sabertooth, xbox, 360, controller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users