Photo

Kickstarter update #67 (GOG&Humble info)

• Please log in to reply
336 replies to this topic

#1 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:20

(link to update)
(PS from Tina; I took the liberty to bold the "how to recieve GOG key" as well)
(PPS from Tina: Don't ask for GOG keys "just because you can". Did you plan on going for GOG
all along and don't want to play the Steam version or the Humble version? Then mail RTG.
If you are okay without, or won't be using the GOG version, then don't. Please be considerate.)

Update on GOG keys & Humble downloads

Hello everyone,

DEEP BREATH

Yesterday was a crazy-mad day for everyone at Red Thread, and by the end of the
night we were all exhausted. We're sorry for not following up on all customer support
questions and concerns and forum threads and emails right away, but shipping a game
is a hard work and we had to sleep at some point.

We're back in force (well, back) today, however, and here are a few key points:

• The DRM-free Humble Windows and Mac versions are both broken. We know. We
    don't know how or why that happened, but until the U.S. West Coast wakes up, we
    can't fix it. The problem is on the other side of the ocean, and as soon as they're
    online, it will be taken care of. Our sincerest apologies.
  • We have had some issues with getting a version to GOG.com as well (our
    sometimes subpar internet hasn't helped, resulting in corrupted file bundles)
    but that's very close now. We do expect the GOG version to go live this afternoon
    (Oslo time).
  • As we've stated multiple times, all backers who have requested GOG keys will
    get GOG keys
    . Since we've been so delayed with this (for reasons outlined in the
    previous Kickstarter update) those same backers will ALSO get Steam keys: in
    fact, you should already have your Steam key, in addition to the DRM-free Humble
    build.
  • If you did not yet request a GOG key, please send an email to
    support@redthreadgames.com and you will receive your key.
    Our system does
    not support automatically choosing and distributing keys, but our peoples will work
    hard to answer everyone as quickly as possible.
  • We are fixing a number of other bugs as we speak, and we will decide on what's
    going to be in patch 1.1 before the end of the day. We can't promise when the
    patch will be out, but obviously as soon as possible.
  • Performance is an issue for some, and we know that this is frustrating. First off,
    make sure you're running the very latest drivers. This is incredibly important.
    Secondly, if you are experiencing bad frame-rate or crashes, please reduce your
    visual settings. Running on 'High' or 'Awesome' does require a good GPU, CPU
    and lots of RAM. And 'Medium' still looks very good!
  • And yes, we will keep optimising the game as much as possible. We are pushing
    Unity quite far, and it's not the most optimisable engine around, but if there are
    improvements to be made, our awesome artists and coders will make them. But it
    won't happen today or tomorrow: this stuff is complex, so if you can't run the game
    at all, you'll need a tiny bit of patience.

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback and comments! We are really happy to see such
a positive response. We apologise again to those of you who haven't been able to play
the game yet: hopefully you will get to do so today.

If you have any technical issues or questions, there are two avenues available. The first
is to visit our official support forum at:

http://redthreadgame...eneral-support/

We will try to address as many questions as we can there, and you can also get help
from other players and community members. It's definitely the best place to start
looking and asking.

If your question is of a more private nature, or if you can't find the answers you're
looking for, you can send an email to

support@redthreadgames.com

and we will get back to you as soon as humanly possible. Please have a bit of patience,
these are incredibly busy days for a small bunch of exhausted developers, but we do
want to help you and we will!

Thanks again for your patience and support. As soon as we know more about Humble
and GOG, we will send out another update!

Team RTG

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Riaise and 7 others like this
Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#2 Riaise

Riaise

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:26

I don't remember ever being given the chance to request a GOG key? Was this through BackerKit, or do they simply mean people on the forum who have asked about GOG keys? I don't want to waste their time e-mailing them if I'm going to get a key anyway.

Edit: OK, I sent them an email anyway, just in case. I hope that was the right thing to do. :)

#3 JuiceForTheSoul

JuiceForTheSoul

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:37

Thanks for the update, Tina. You have understanding from this quarter as to the hours and work you guys are putting into this. Many thanks for the efforts!

WAKE UP CALIFORNIA.

• Tina and Edreamer Jamil like this

#4 Rinu

Rinu

Rubber Ducky

• Dreamer
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:38

Great news, thanks for the information, Tina & RTG. E-mail sent :).

#5 ChrisR

ChrisR

Arcadia Native

• Shifter
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:39

I wonder WHY is game labeled as ACTION on GOG??? It's nice to see it's number one bestseller there right now though :-)

#6 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:41

Edit: OK, I sent them an email anyway, just in case. I hope that was the right thing to do. :)

You did. I have never seen any options of choosing GOG in any survey. They've said "to those who request", but they've never said WHERE to request before (afaik).

But now we know where :)
  • Riaise and ShadowNate like this

#7 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:59

Thanks for getting this up, Tina :D

I wonder WHY is game labeled as ACTION on GOG??? It's nice to see it's number one bestseller there right now though :-)

That's a good question. But who cares, it's #1! :D
  • Tina likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#8 checkatillo

checkatillo

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:05

Well, before the update I wasn't going to ask for a GOG key, though I have an account there too.

And after the update: should I ask for a key?

#9 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:15

RTG wants as few keys as possible "laying around" (the presumably have to pay GOG something for them, and they won't get any income for sending out keys for free), so if you're already playing Steam version and are okay with that, do not mail RTG about it. And they have to answer each mail manually. Backers already get the direct download from Humble.

So, I guess: if you always planned on choosing GOG instead of Steam, send them a mail. If not, please don't.
  • khh, trentjaspar, Riaise and 3 others like this

#10 Edreamer Jamil

Edreamer Jamil

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationCardiff

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:20

Personally I feel really uncomfortable asking RTG for a GOG copy; it'd be different if I'd wished for and been asking for one, but to opportunistically request another 'free' copy when I've already satisfactorily downloaded and played the steam version and intend that one to remain as my main copy feels insincere.

Worse I suspect it would take money away from the game company I love, at a time when they really need DFC to do as well as possible, particularly regarding plans for the latter chapters and at some point TLJH

Having said that I did pledge for another copy of the game (under a 2nd pledge email address) which I'll be gifting to my sister (she'll also be getting a physical box set as part of that gift). I can't really see her making a steam account just to play the game, so I'm thinking of requesting a GOG key for her - it'll probably be an easier way of her accessing the game files online in case she ever needs to, rather than us messing with Humble Accounts - she's not very technically minded ;)

Hmm you know what, strike that I just feel I'd be leaching money away from RTG. She'll be cool with a boxed copy whenever it's ready

• khh, trentjaspar and Riaise like this

#11 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:21

I' m confused. Will we get a key via email, or will the key appear on the Huble page?Won't everyone get a Gog key on Huble anyway? ( at least that's what i thought )

#12 Endril

Endril

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:21

I don't remember ever being given the chance to request a GOG key? Was this through BackerKit, or do they simply mean people on the forum who have asked about GOG keys? I don't want to waste their time e-mailing them if I'm going to get a key anyway.

You're right. Also sent my request.

You did. I have never seen any options of choosing GOG in any survey. They've said "to those who request", but they've never said WHERE to request before (afaik).

But now we know where :)

I dont remember, but you may be right :). This info a few days ago would have eliminated a lot of anger. Better late then never. Now lets see when we will actually get the key!

• Tina and Riaise like this

#13 Endril

Endril

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:24

Backers already get the direct download from Humble.

No, we didnt. Yet :P

#14 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:25

I' m confused. Will we get a key via email, or will the key appear on the Huble page?Won't everyone get a Gog key on Huble anyway? ( at least that's what i thought )

If you want a GOG key, you will have to email support@redthreadgames.com and ask for it.

April Ryan is my friend,

#15 Vainamoinen

Vainamoinen

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6154 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:30

No key in my inbox yet. But I guess the requests are piling up considerably... ;)

• Tina and Riaise like this

Hey Ubisoft, you can keep your "seamless vast online GTA in space" to yourselves. Signed, one of the greatest Beyond Good & Evil fans alive.

#16 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:31

No, we didnt. Yet :P

I said get, not got ;)
  • wandrew and Endril like this

#17 checkatillo

checkatillo

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOdessa, Ukraine

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:33

So, I guess: if you always planned on choosing GOG instead of Steam, send them a mail. If not, please don't.

And yeah, that's what I was asking about. No GOG key for me then) I'm perfectly happy with Steam and Humble-store versions)

• Tina likes this

#18 thelj

thelj

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:38

If you want a GOG key, you will have to email support@redthreadgames.com and ask for it.

Yeah, i already did that.I just asked if the key will appear in my mail or on the Humble page.

Ok, someone answered my question. Mail it is then...

Edit: Should i have included some info in the mail? I just asked for a key ( using the same email i used in Kickstarter, Humble etc etc ).

#19 FrasierCrane

FrasierCrane

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:45

RTG wants as few keys as possible "laying around" (the presumably have to pay GOG something for them, and they won't get any income for sending out keys for free), so if you're already playing Steam version and are okay with that, do not mail RTG about it.

GOG doesn't charge the developers anything if they request keys from them: http://www.gog.com/f...dventure/post90

So if you want a GOG key (for your own use and not to sell it of course), then you shouldn't fell bad that DFC has to pay GOG for it.

• Tina, Edreamer Jamil and Rinu like this

#20 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7117 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:45

Yeah, i already did that.I just asked if the key will appear in my mail or on the Humble page.

Ok, someone answered my question. Mail it is then...

Sorry, I misunderstood. It will be in your mail.

April Ryan is my friend,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users