Photo

should i wait for an update or upgrade my graphics card?

hardware requirements performance

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 boota

boota

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:40

ok so here's the deal

i changed my graphics settings around a little. and ended up playing @ 1920*1080 and awesome detail and no AA (since i really want to play @ awesome detail). The game has bee performing decently, with just a little bit of lag every now and then, however, when i get to europolis it halts to a choppy mess of about 3-4 FPS.

this is the machine i am currently at:

AMD Phenom X4 975 BE (3.6 GHz, 8MBcache)

12 GB RAM (1600 MHz)

Geforce gtx 560 (1GB RAM)

SSD harddrive

win 8.1

now for the moment the solution is, obviously, to lower detail settings (which i don't want to do).

my question could be boiled down to: "should i expect this to be solved pretty soon with an update (i.e. is it due to game optimization ) or is my computer (graphics card) simply too weak for the "awesome" settings, especially if i want to run some AA?"

#2 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1565 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:42

Europolis seems to be a pretty general problem, regardless of card. It would appear to need optimising.

I suggest you wait a few days before thinking about upgrading your card.

#3 DiskJunky

DiskJunky

Harbinger of the Balance

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3091 posts
  • LocationBehind you (mwuh ha ha!)

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:43

ok so here's the deal

i changed my graphics settings around a little. and ended up playing @ 1920*1080 and awesome detail and no AA (since i really want to play @ awesome detail). The game has bee performing decently, with just a little bit of lag every now and then, however, when i get to europolis it halts to a choppy mess of about 3-4 FPS.

this is the machine i am currently at:

AMD Phenom X4 975 BE (3.6 GHz, 8MBcache)

12 GB RAM (1600 MHz)

Geforce gtx 560 (1GB RAM)

SSD harddrive

win 8.1

now for the moment the solution is, obviously, to lower detail settings (which i don't want to do).

my question could be boiled down to: "should i expect this to be solved pretty soon with an update (i.e. is it due to game optimization ) or is my computer (graphics card) simply too weak for the "awesome" settings, especially if i want to run some AA?"

It's a known issue in the game that other users are having. RTG is actively working on the issue but we've no timetable on when it'll be fixed

• blaster and boota like this

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

#4 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:52

I have almost the same config as you mate, only Intel Core i5 3.0hz.

Just wait for the proper update and hopefully we will be able to run the game on high / ultra settings with no problem.

I use Ultra settings for the game since changing it to medium doesn't solve anything at all and I have the same 16-22 fps in Europolis.

I will get GTX 760 in a few weeks, but its mostly for DAI, Far Cry and Witcher 3. If money is no object, than go for an upgrade and when RTG otpimizes the game you will be on the winning side with your new GPU.

blasted be the balance

#5 Wolf

Wolf

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:01

I have a $2500 gaming PC that can pretty much run everything at highest settings with 60+ FPS (never less than 60) but in Europolis I get 25-35 FPS. The game looks AWESOME but I'll stop playing for now, until they release a patch

#6 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:42

I have a pretty beast of a computer and Europolis is 18-40 fps and stuttering even on low settings. Its def. a glitch/bug and a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Generally though, I see you could want to upgrade your graphics cards anyway. 1 gb vram and a 560 has become outdated in todays gaming climate.

So, wait for an update on the game, but if you play other games too or want to enjoy this generations games, I would get a gtx 780, 970, 760. Something along those lines. (Something at minimum 2gb vram, even thats starting to become outdated)

#7 CosmicD

CosmicD

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1555 posts
  • LocationHasselt, Limburg, Belgium

Posted 22 October 2014 - 13:49

there's also a weird problem that there's no "focus full screen" (or how you say that.; It's always borderless windowed. this is why you can't also change resolution.

Wonder if there's an ini file to change some settings related to video settings etc ?

#8 boota

boota

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 22 October 2014 - 15:41

I have a pretty beast of a computer and Europolis is 18-40 fps and stuttering even on low settings. Its def. a glitch/bug and a software issue, not a hardware issue.
Generally though, I see you could want to upgrade your graphics cards anyway. 1 gb vram and a 560 has become outdated in todays gaming climate.

So, wait for an update on the game, but if you play other games too or want to enjoy this generations games, I would get a gtx 780, 970, 760. Something along those lines. (Something at minimum 2gb vram, even thats starting to become outdated)

Yup I am looking into getting 970. The reason I asked was to find out if I should get it right away or if I should wait so I can buy food for my wife and child while saving up.

Anyways. It's gonna be the latter option
  • popcorngal likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hardware requirements, performance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users