• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#41 The Gejsza

The Gejsza

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 00:02

I got 3-years old spec. The Steam and other infos are telling my that I can play on full details - in other words my rig is enough for recommended spec. 

But the framerate is so weir. I got around 30-60FPS at opening scene. Then in prison i got around 20-40. And in Europolis it's around 10-30... I cant tell it's comfortable playing... changing settings does not make such a big diffrence - around 10-15 fps.

My spec:

I-5 760 @ 2.80 GHZ
Radeon HD5870
4GB Ram

Still I can play in most games at rlly nice FPS and graph. setting - Assassins Creed IV : Black Flag runs for the most time in smooth 30FPS with almost maxed out settings...

Still im curious if the patch will fix something... or I'll never play DFC in smooth 30FPS : < Not a chance for upgrade my PC. Well... I remember that TLJ was my first game on PC ever (got the 4CD edition without AA option). Then Dreamfall came out and my PC would not run it - after buying new PC I could run maxed out Crysis and other games, but still first game I've played on "back-then new" PC was Dreamfall.... I guess if I waited 15 years I can wait a couple more for PC upgrade : P And again - first game on "new" PC will be TLJ : >

• popcorngal likes this

#42 Burns Flipper

Burns Flipper

Fringe Café Regular

• Istrum
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:13

CPU: i7 4790k @ default

RAM: 16 GB DDR3

GPU: Sapphire R9 270 @ default

SETTINGS:  VQ Awesome, Resolution: 2560*1080, AA High, SSAO High

Gameplay is good, so is FPS. However there is a funny bug here and there where there is odd flashes coming from the eyes. I have the latest Catalyst drivers.

I put the FUN in funeral!

#43 Rard-an

Rard-an

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:41

CPU: i7 2670qm (Laptop)

RAM: 8 GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia 540m, latest drivers, no bugs or glitches until now

SETTINGS:  lowest settings; 1280x800

Unfortunately my desktop computer died recently, so I'm stuck with the laptop :o I was actually afraid I wouldn't be able to play it at all but it works, more or less;

about 40-45fps in storytime; 30ish in Friar's Keep & 20-25 in Europolis. I'll of course replay when I get a desktop again. I played TLJ & Dreamfall a gazillion times :D

#44 Raiden

Raiden

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:05

CPU: Intel Core i3-3110M 2.40GHz

RAM: 8 GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics (integrated)

SETTINGS: Medium, 1366 x 768

The game plays, which is what I'm mostly pleased with, and it looks nice, it just isn't that responsive. There's slight lag between moving the mouse, or pressing a direction key, and seeing the resulting action on screen. At times the motion can seem a little jerky or juddering when moving around the environment.

I feel like it's pretty good going for a laptop I didn't spend a whole lot on last month, so I can't complain. Hopefully I'll get a nice desktop before the next book is out.

#45 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 23:14

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790S CPU @ 3.20GHz
Display device       : GeForce GTX 770 on GK104 GPU
Display driver       : 344.11
BIOS                 : 80.04.eb.00.4b
Windows 8.1 64 bit
8 GB RAM

Not that far into the game, but done some walking around Europolis. Frame rates are no lower than 40, really. No freezes, the occasional dip perhaps. HOWEVER, the thing is I'm running at 1280x1024, so I can't really know how it works out until I try it out on the TV in ... well, something a bit higher. :P Perhaps tomorrow.

Not sure quoting yourself is good form, but I'm doing it anyways.

Hooked up to the TV, HDMI/1080p Did a spot of running in the city. Framerates dropped to mid thirties at some points, occasionally upper twenties very briefly. No hangs or crashes. Playable, only minor annoyances.

Widescreen really does the trick, though... Not sure I can go back to playing in 4:3 now. :(

• khh likes this

#46 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 23:41

Widescreen really does the trick, though... Not sure I can go back to playing in 4:3 now. :(

(Actually that's 5:4, not 4:3 - but you need to get a new monitor)

• Tina and toremygg like this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#47 toremygg

toremygg

Harbinger of the Balance

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3562 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 23:44

(Actually that's 5:4, not 4:3 - but you need to get a new monitor)

Affirmative. Just need to win the Lotto.

#48 That Laggy Guy

That Laggy Guy

Rubber Ducky

• Drachkin
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationTijuana, BC, MX

Posted 25 October 2014 - 00:52

CPU: AMD FX-9370 @ 4.4GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR3-2400MHz

GPU: Asus R9 290 DC2OC 4GB

Drivers: Catalyst 14.9 (no settings forced)

Settings: Running Awesome with AA and SSAO maxed at 1920x1080.

I...feel like it should be running at lot smoother than it is, to be honest. It dips into the low 30's quite often, even in areas other than Europolis. I mean, I know I'm running it completely maxed out but I feel like I really shouldn't be having any issues with this hardware, especially considering I'm able to run more technically-impressive games at max settings significantly more smoothly. Here's to hoping that the team's able to release some significant performance improvements, despite Unity not being the "most optimisable engine".

That all said, though, the game still runs well enough to where the performance doesn't detract too much from the experience; I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game, and am eternally grateful it got made. Even being the PC snob that I am, I'd sacrifice my precious frame rate for more of this universe in a heartbeat.

• toremygg likes this

#49 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:23

I'm so jealous of every single one of you!

I've got a old Core2Duo Centrino Processor running @ 2.4GHz.

RAM: 3 GB

GPU: NVidia GeForce 6600 M 256 MB

Settings: haven't played with any (see below)

I can't actually play this game of this system.  I was so hoping I would on the lowest settings, but even the main menu drags so much that I can't actually go in to change anything.

I was really hoping that it would run on this, seeing as I've been able to run every game I've ever bought on it, including some new ones that came out recently.  But, alas, it is not to be.

Now I'm really going to have to steal my brother's computer. It's got an i7 and dual NVidia 755 video cards.  I'll let you guys know how that goes.

#50 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:36

Now I'm really going to have to steal my brother's computer. It's got an i7 and dual NVidia 755 video cards.  I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Good luck.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#51 thearkive

thearkive

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:38

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @2.40GHz

RAM: 4GB DDR2 800Mhz

GPU: Sapphire R9 270X 4GB

Game settings

Running on high with AA set to medium and SSAO off

fullscreen at 1920x1080

A few things I've noticed: Every now and again a characters eyes would shine very brightly. Once I left the Doctors office and into Europolis my memory usage skyrocketed past 90% almost immediately and the game began chugging along. After that, I stopped because it is very late. I'll fiddle with the game settings tomorrow see if I can get the framerate up. Aside from the that loving the game and the BGM.

#52 Olstyle

Olstyle

Vestrum Crier

• Istrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 October 2014 - 14:37

CPU: Intel Core i7 3960x@4,15G
RAM: 32GB DDR3 1333Mhz
GPU: Sapphire HD7970@1,1Ghz

So you might say I was throwing the big guns at it. Originally I planned to play on my A6-3500 HTPC (just for info: steam-streaming to this system does not work in the moment as no sound is transmitted). But even the big system tops out at 20FPS in the robot-workshop using all graphic goodies at 1080p (except noise an motion blur).

#53 Reeger

Reeger

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 17:47

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 @ 4.2 Ghz

RAM: 16GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 (OC'd)

Settings: Highest, 1920x1080 + 16x AF and FXAA forced through the drivers

The game maintains a steady 60 FPS right until you first step out into Europolis. Then it averages around 30, sometimes dropping to 20's (the lowest I've seen was 19 for a second).

So yeah, if I'm getting this kind of performance in Europolis with my system...something is seriously wrong :)

#54 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts
  • LocationCaddington, Luton, GB

Posted 25 October 2014 - 18:01

Is there a particular area of Europolis where the framerate drops the most?

#55 Lee-m

Lee-m

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1862 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, England

Posted 25 October 2014 - 18:03

Is there a particular area of Europolis where the framerate drops the most?

yes. The Europolis bit of Europolis :)

• agirlnamedbob, khh, Guyra and 3 others like this

#56 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 20:18

Hmmm. Yes, I see it now. 35 FPS was my highest but I was getting 10 to 15 walking around.

#57 shiajun

shiajun

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 21:39

Latop rig here: Dell XPS 17

i7 2630Q @2.00 Ghz

Nvidia Geforce GT  555M 4Gb

12 Gb RAM

Win7 64

1600*900

No AA or motion Blur

Keep switching between Low-Meidum High and Awesome, doesn't seem to change too much. Little glitch here: the drop down options for this setting disappear after a while.

It slows quite a bit in some parts. I know my video card is getting on the old side, never was that powerful to start with, however i've been able to play some recent games that require a higher framerate for all the action (like Tomb Raider 2013 or Bioshock Infinite) with a much better experience, although without some bells and whistles on. I hope the Red Thread Gang can patch some things out.

#58 aeonfluxx75

aeonfluxx75

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:43

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3 GHz

RAM: 24 GB DDR3

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB via HDMI

Driver: Catalyst 14.4

Settings: 1920x1080 @ Awesome, AA Medium, SSAO Medium, full-screen

No FPS or graphical issues.  The game runs smooth.  I have only experienced heat @ 70c with the game running but not sure if this is a typical/acceptable load temperature for the GPU I'm using so this may not be an abnormal thing considering game intensity.  I have dual dissipation card and 6 (or 7) case fans and increased the fan speeds to maximum to no affect.  That seemed to just keep it at 70c maybe?  lol 

I found it I did, a way through the marshes....Orcs don't use it. Orcs don't know it. They go 'round for miles and miles.

#59 magic88889

magic88889

Vestrum Crier

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:31

I'm so jealous of every single one of you!

I've got a old Core2Duo Centrino Processor running @ 2.4GHz.

RAM: 3 GB

GPU: NVidia GeForce 6600 M 256 MB

Settings: haven't played with any (see below)

I can't actually play this game of this system.  I was so hoping I would on the lowest settings, but even the main menu drags so much that I can't actually go in to change anything.

I was really hoping that it would run on this, seeing as I've been able to run every game I've ever bought on it, including some new ones that came out recently.  But, alas, it is not to be.

OK, so i stated it up on my brother's computer.

CPU: 4th Gen i5 (not sure on the speed. Too lazy to check)

RAM: 6 Gb DDR3

GPU: Dual NVidia 755 2GB (each)

Latest Drivers.

Settings: 1920x1080, Awesome, AA Medium, SSAO off, Full-screen.

Had some slight stuttering during some moments of the opening cutscene.  At the point:

Spoiler

It's not really bad, just enough of a slowdown to be noticeable.

Gameplay-wise, runs smooth as silk.  No issues there.  Although, I doesn't look like it's using the secondary GPU.  I turned it on in the control panel, but it never activated when running the game.  Does this even support a dual setup?

#60 Mr_Russ

Mr_Russ

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1568 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:13

Does this even support a dual setup?

Not natively, no. There is an "alternate frame rendering" fudge documented in the Community Help forum.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: settings, hardware, CPU, GPU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users