Photo

Crashing Everywhere in Europolis (Spoilers?)

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#41 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:05

This solution helped me! I can play Europolis, OMG!!! :D

This helped me too! Europolis is so huge and great! :)

#42 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 17:17

I have 4 GB RAM, but my 32bit Windows 7 sees only 3,25 GB. Now after this change the game probably sees 4 GB and Europolis is working! Very very slow, but it's working! OK, I'm going to play :) Cross fingers, I hope that I will be able to finish Europolis without problems!

• khh likes this

#43 Silktree

Silktree

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationRuins of Alph

Posted 23 October 2014 - 19:20

Just chiming in to say that the solution has worked for me, too. I think that this page explains it a bit better.

I e-mailed RTG about the problem earlier today, but they didn't really help me because the first thing that caught their attention was my GPU not meeting the minimum requirement. But that's irrelevant to the problem at hand, and I'm glad to say that my Intel HD 3000 is adequate for the game's low settings. Exploring Europolis is a treat with very little lag. 

• khh likes this

#44 Tridnod

Tridnod

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 20:32

I have Mavericks, runs 64-bit by default with no chance of running 32-bit. Only apps with that option. So as long as this goes on, everyone with the latest OSX is doomed atm i guess. Tried to run the europolis in low res but no.

Waiting for someone with Mavericks or yosemite to tell if it works for them an how.

#45 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 21:47

I have to report that after the solution Europolis is running ok! :) I can walk everywhere without crushing to desktop :)

Of course I'm waiting for the patch which should fix this bad optimization. But I'm very happy that the game is again playable for me :)

• khh likes this

#46 Tridnod

Tridnod

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 21:58

I have to report that after the solution Europolis is running ok! :) I can walk everywhere without crushing to desktop :)

Of course I'm waiting for the patch which should fix this bad optimization. But I'm very happy that the game is again playable for me :)

You are running windows....

#47 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 October 2014 - 22:44

You are running windows....

I don't think it's a response to you. He's just saying that this fix has permanently fixed the problem he was having, which is really nice info for us.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#48 Noiprocek

Noiprocek

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:08

For OSX (Mavericks) users i have found this:

http://steamcommunit...96747873155861/

Maybe it won't help but it'll explain....

#49 Gamingspoiler

Gamingspoiler

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:48

I have tried EVERYTHING, I emailed info@redthreadgames.com and still got no response, it's been 2 days and this is getting extremely frustrating...

should I email from this forum? I emailed them from my yahoo mail PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO !!

#50 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:57

As mentioned earlier, we are working on fixing performance and crash related issues. 

For now we advise you to turn your visual settings down and make sure you are running as few performance heavy applications alongside the game as possible. Also try to make sure you're not overriding any application settings from your graphics device's control panel.

As a side note; support@redthreadgames.com is where you should send your support-requests. :)

• Tina and Pawlo_86 like this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#51 themutiny

themutiny

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 13:54

Mac user. Mid 2010 iMac 2.8 i5, 8gb RAM ATI 5750 with 1024mb Steam version. Game started out well, but just got slower and slower. After leaving 'the hand that feeds' in Europolis becomes unplayable. Crashes if I run, if I walk it doesn't crash but the framerate is absolutely appalling and unplayable. Tried upgrading to Yosemite - just makes matters worse. Running activity monitor, no apparent RAM issues. It's a bug, plain and simple. Tried running in W7 via Parallels - even worse. Come on RTG, pull your finger out and fix it (assuming you want to sell the rest of the series). I take on board that you are a small developer, but this is unacceptable.

#52 themutiny

themutiny

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 13:57

As mentioned earlier, we are working on fixing performance and crash related issues. 

For now we advise you to turn your visual settings down and make sure you are running as few performance heavy applications alongside the game as possible. Also try to make sure you're not overriding any application settings from your graphics device's control panel.

As a side note; support@redthreadgames.com is where you should send your support-requests. :)

Turning visual settings down makes zero difference

#53 athdil

athdil

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:12

I'm crashing in Reza's office as well, though only after a very specific point. The game crashes as soon as the conversation with Reza ends (maybe when the lunch item is removed from the inventory?) I haven't seen any reports of a crash at this specific point, but it may be related to the others here.

I'll include my output_log, hope it helps. I'm excited to play further once I can! I'll also send via the support email.

Attached Files

#54 EagleFlyFree

EagleFlyFree

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:50

Thanks a lot for sharing the "IncreaseUserVA" solution. I didn't know you could bypass the 2GB RAM limit in 32-bit Windows. Without this fix, the game crashed immediately when I entered Europolis, and the output log contained several "out of memory" errors. Allowing the game 3GB solved it completely.

I have lowered the screen resolution in Windows (matching the game resolution setting) to possibly increase performance, though I don't know how much impact it has. The framerate in Europolis is still very low compared to the earlier parts of the game.

• Pawlo_86 likes this

#55 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:13

Thanks a lot for sharing the "IncreaseUserVA" solution. I didn't know you could bypass the 2GB RAM limit in 32-bit Windows. Without this fix, the game crashed immediately when I entered Europolis, and the output log contained several "out of memory" errors. Allowing the game 3GB solved it completely.

I have lowered the screen resolution in Windows (matching the game resolution setting) to possibly increase performance, though I don't know how much impact it has. The framerate in Europolis is still very low compared to the earlier parts of the game.

Yeah that solution helped me too and i was able to complete Book 1! Yes i noticed that when i changed Deskop resolution to 800x600 and set DFC resolution to 640x480 the game working little better. But framerate in Europolis is horrible! It loading 15 minutes and low framerate happen for 2-3 minutes. I was very patient to complete it :P

#56 Zathri

Zathri

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:49

Cez, please be patient. This is just a game. It will get sorted out. There are plenty of excellent books out there to read in the meantime.

#57 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 11:16

Cez, please be patient. This is just a game. It will get sorted out. There are plenty of excellent books out there to read in the meantime.

Are you serious? :P I spent 130 zloties for this game, waited for this 8 YEARS, everyone is playing it right now and you are telling me that... I have to be patient? :P No, I can't, that's why I used some trick mentioned here and I fixed this game. I've finished episode 1, but Europolis is so lagging that patch is very recommended...

#58 pretty woman

pretty woman

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 26 October 2014 - 12:47

Are you serious? :P I spent 130 zloties for this game, waited for this 8 YEARS, everyone is playing it right now and you are telling me that... I have to be patient? :P No, I can't, that's why I used some trick mentioned here and I fixed this game. I've finished episode 1, but Europolis is so lagging that patch is very recommended...

How did you do that? ...... I tried everything that was advised on this forum ... and nothing helped me  :(. It's been 4 days I stuck in Europolis. And now, I have a feeling that nothing will change. So, I'm very disappointed that bought the game  :angry:

#59 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2014 - 13:47

This helped me >> http://redthreadgame...oilers/?p=37186

#60 MarkoH01

MarkoH01

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 15:12

This helped me >> http://redthreadgame...oilers/?p=37186

Me, too (WinXP 32, 4GB RAM, 1GB VRam, NVidia GTX650Ti) - but still slooooooow.
  • Pawlo_86 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users