Photo

Crashing Everywhere in Europolis (Spoilers?)

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#1 addik

addik

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:52

So I managed to get my game working although I have unstable fps. The only downside is that I can't seem to get anywhere in Europolis. I managed to activate the scene with Nela, but after restarting the game (because it no longer recognizes the mouse), I noticed that it crashes when:

1. I talk to the Map

2. Randomly when I investigate somethings (although sometimes, they work)

3. Just suddenly and randomly

Worst is that I can't just skip everything because whenever I go in the Hand that Bites, it just crashes. It either hands on loading screen, or it just quits back to the desktop. I tried loading my file from Dr. Zelenka's office, but it hangs as soon as I enter Europolis, or try to activate Nela's scene.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

#2 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:57

Yes, a few people are having the issue, it seems to be related to limited RAM. Try closing programs that are using lots of RAM (like browsers).

What are your system specs?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#3 blaster

blaster

Vestrum Crier

• Minstrum
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationStark

Posted 22 October 2014 - 10:59

Try to increase the virtual memory for your disks cache as well.

blasted be the balance

#4 addik

addik

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:03

Here are my specs from the other thread:

2.4 ghz Intel i5 (Dual Core)

4 Gig Ram

Nvidia Geforce 330M (256 Vram)

Mac OSX 10.6

I actually restart my game to refresh my ram and have only DF:C run. Still nothing. I'll try again

--EDIT: Still nothing. To note, Activity Monitor says DF:C isn't using all my ram (I still have 200 MB Ram to spare), so I'm not sure if it's totally my ram or something else.

#5 Quintin

Quintin

Token Afro-Asian

• RTG Staff
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:05

Yeah you've definitely hit a RAM ceiling there and unfortunately this issue is worse on the Mac because of how the video and system memory management works both on the OS side and the Unity side. I'd suggest giving your machine a reboot and trying again on a lower quality setting (which would use less texture memory). 200MB is not a lot to spare and OS X likely needs that nominally :)

• addik likes this

#6 addik

addik

Rubber Ducky

• Minstrum
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:56

Ok, thanks!

I have rebooted it several times but still to no avail. I have a new Mac on the way, so I might as well wait for that unit (or for my brother's PC to be fixed, whichever goes first!)

#7 Jedi Leo

Jedi Leo

Vestrum Herald

• Shifter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationDenmark and A galaxy far away

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:00

I am crashing everywhere in Europolis and there is no memory pressure on my Mac (had activity monitor as I was playing). I had few problems with crashing up until Europolis, but nothing overly disruptive. In Europolis I can barely turn a corner, literally, that it´s crashing. Other than that, I can play very well with all settings to the max. I tried lower settings in Europolis, but it´s still a crash feast. Hope you can help :/

I am running the game on Steam, with MacBook Pro Retina, 2.4 Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory, Intel Iris.

The Lion, flying supersonic, spreading light through the galaxies, Jedi Master, protector of dreams and creator of the Perv On tag

Twitter @JediPrinceLeo

#8 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:04

HELP! I'm desperate :( The game in unplayable :( I can't play the game, HELP!!!

I bought the game on Steam. When I'm leaving psychotherapist - the game is cruching to Windows desktop :( I've tried this about 20 times! And only 2 times I've seen cutscene in Europolis and it was so lagging that I couldn't do anything :/ I have good computer, no problems with other new games. I'm playing on awesome or medium graphic. I've tried to reduce to low and reduce resolution - nothing helped :(

How can I play this game!?? Please help me quickly. I thought I will play game today and I can't! If I can't play this game and you won't find solution, I will have to ask you to give my money back!

Steam, Windows 7, processor Inter Core 2 Quad 2,40 Ghz, 3,25 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 260

#9 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:17

I am crashing everywhere in Europolis and there is no memory pressure on my Mac (had activity monitor as I was playing). I had few problems with crashing up until Europolis, but nothing overly disruptive. In Europolis I can barely turn a corner, literally, that it´s crashing. Other than that, I can play very well with all settings to the max. I tried lower settings in Europolis, but it´s still a crash feast. Hope you can help :/

I am running the game on Steam, with MacBook Pro Retina, 2.4 Intel Core i5, 8 GB memory, Intel Iris.

They're looking into the strange crashes people have been getting on macs.

HELP! I'm desperate :( The game in unplayable :( I can't play the game, HELP!!!

I bought the game on Steam. When I'm leaving psychotherapist - the game is cruching to Windows desktop :( I've tried this about 20 times! And only 2 times I've seen cutscene in Europolis and it was so lagging that I couldn't do anything :/ I have good computer, no problems with other new games. I'm playing on awesome or medium graphic. I've tried to reduce to low and reduce resolution - nothing helped :(

How can I play this game!?? Please help me quickly. I thought I will play game today and I can't! If I can't play this game and you won't find solution, I will have to ask you to give my money back!

Steam, Windows 7, processor Inter Core 2 Quad 2,40 Ghz, 3,25 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 260

This is likely due to low memory. Try to close other memory intensive applications, and switch to Low graphics mode (Don't worry, the game still looks pretty good).

April Ryan is my friend,

#10 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:29

"This is likely due to low memory. Try to close other memory intensive applications, and switch to Low graphics mode (Don't worry, the game still looks pretty good)."

Low memory? :o Where? I don't have low memory. Every other game is working fine on my PC. This is the first time when I can't play the game :/

I've tried this and nothing helped: rebooting Windows, closing all programs, installing the newest drivers for graphic card , changing resolution and graphic option to lowest - still NOTHING. The game is still crashing after leaving psychotherapist :/

How could you do this Red Thread Games? I was waiting for game 8 years and I CAN'T PLAY IT!!! I want my money back (120 zloties in Poland, that's huge) if I won't be able to play till the weekend. After I get my money, I will wait and buy stable PS4 version...

#11 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:36

Those are all the work arounds we've found so far. I'm sorry we weren't able to help you. RTG are looking into crashes, and are working on a patch, but we don't know how long that will take.

If you could post the crash log, that might be helpful for them to identify what's causing the crash.

You can find it in \steam\steamapps\common\Dreamfall Chapters\Dreamfall Chapters_Data\output_log.txt

April Ryan is my friend,

#12 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 22:43

I've sent them log to e-mail. How to add here attachment on the forum?

I'm so, so disapointed :( I've played first Dreamfall last week, again, so I can remember the plot better... Today I've played new Dreamfall and now I'm stuck :( I can't wait longer than week. I've given them money so I want to play as everyone else :(

#13 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:05

I've sent them log to e-mail. How to add here attachment on the forum?

I'm so, so disapointed :( I've played first Dreamfall last week, again, so I can remember the plot better... Today I've played new Dreamfall and now I'm stuck :( I can't wait longer than week. I've given them money so I want to play as everyone else :(

Uh... I actually don't know. I probably should know, but I don't. Sorry. Maybe you could just put it up on http://pastebin.com?

I understand that you're disappointed and sad. I really wish I knew how to help.

April Ryan is my friend,

#14 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:07

Ok, I've found out how to add attachment.

Attached Files

#15 isThatAHippo

isThatAHippo

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:12

I'm running into the same issue. I was able to restart the game from the beginning and play until the "On the Campaign Trail" mission but the game just repeatedly crashes now and I cannot continue. I turned the visual settings down to low, reloaded the save and I can now play for about ten seconds (or until I press escape, whichever comes first) before it crashes again. Kind of unacceptable.

My system specs:

15" Macbook Pro

OSX Yosemite 10.10

2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB graphics card

Just wanted to add my experience since I'd be surprised if I am really suffering from a lack of memory. I just want to play the damn game!

#16 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:14

16 GB RAM? So it's for 100% not the problem with RAM...

#17 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:24

16 GB RAM? So it's for 100% not the problem with RAM...

Well, no, there seems to be a crash that's exclusive (and common) on Macs. That is probably not the same issue as the one you're having.

April Ryan is my friend,

#18 Tridnod

Tridnod

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:46

I am so sad about this, mainly because i played the first TLJ about when i was 15 and have followed the beauty of thime series and finally was about to visit my old love, the stark futuristic environment. Right after the Psych it crashesh when Zoe leaves the escalator. Please tell me there is a fix to this and very, very soon?

I have tge latest MacBook retina with 8 GB Ram 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel iris 1536MB. Not a single program running. Was very glitchy in the graphics at the start of the game but was ok. I tried all the work arounds you mentioned but nothing.

I am not mad just very sad, i have no other plattform to play it on and it seems like it is unplayable atm on macs and i guess it will take a while before there is a solution.

Was this beta tested on numerous accounts and plattforms? I wont believe it wasn't

#19 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7122 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:49

It was, Ragnar's main platform is even a Mac. I don't know how this bug slipped through.

• Jedi Leo likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#20 Cez

Cez

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 23:57

My problem is on PC, I hope they will fix it tommorrow too. I can't wait longer.

And I don't understand why adventure game has so much problems? Modern games have much better graphic, open worlds and there is no crushing like in Dreamfall Chapters... It's very very strange.

• krios likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users