Photo

Not only low fps.. my computer shuts down..

low fps computer shut down

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Flormans

Flormans

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:32

Hello Red Thread,

On the steam forums there are alot of people complaining about the poor FPS in game.

My problem is going a little further, it shuts down my computer after walking around town for a few minutes..

Is there going to be a patch for this? Because this game is unplayeble for me and a lot of other people..

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (MSI)

For your info: i play battlefield 4 on ultra 

Weird thing is, it doesn't even matter if i set everything on medium or low, it keeps lagging like crazy!

#2 TheDreamer

TheDreamer

Arcadia Native

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:32

Its a known bug thats being fixed atm. http://redthreadgame...game-lag/page-2

#3 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:37

Hello Red Thread,

On the steam forums there are alot of people complaining about the poor FPS in game.

My problem is going a little further, it shuts down my computer after walking around town for a few minutes..

Is there going to be a patch for this? Because this game is unplayeble for me and a lot of other people..

A computer shutting down could be a indication that CPU or Motherboard are overheatting (above a set or permitted threshold). Laptops are known to typically shutdown when this happens - I have yet to experience it on a desktop PC.

So it could just be directly connected to the strain that the game puts the CPU/GPU through, but in addition it could also be a ventilation issue on your end.

• funtom and gameshoes3003 like this

#4 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7105 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:44

It shouldn't shut your computer down, that must be a problem with the cooling either on your CPU or your GPU.

The lag issues are being looked into.

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#5 gameshoes3003

gameshoes3003

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 14:56

A computer shutting down could be a indication that CPU or Motherboard are overheatting (above a set or permitted threshold). Laptops are known to typically shutdown when this happens - I have yet to experience it on a desktop PC.

So it could just be directly connected to the strain that the game puts the CPU/GPU through, but in addition it could also be a ventilation issue on your end.

This.

It's a common mistake for many people. Buy that can of compressed air and blow out that system!

Can't play because of bugs or want to watch just ONE of many ways to play the game?

Watch my Let's Play!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users