Photo

Mira vs Wit - Really, really uncool (Spoilers & Anger)

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#401 Pawlo_86

Pawlo_86

Harbinger of the Balance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2740 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 January 2016 - 09:58

I pretty like Mira. One of the best characters in the saga. Dreamfall version of Burns Flipper. VA for Mira is great!!!

About Mira-Wit relationship...i think that Mira cares for Wit but only Mira and Wit can understand their relationship :P Its seems to be very complicated.
  • the red of the kin and Yarrozu like this

#402 the red of the kin

the red of the kin

Vestrum Herald

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1067 posts
  • LocationTrieste (Italy)

Posted 30 January 2016 - 18:18

I pretty like Mira. One of the best characters in the saga. Dreamfall version of Burns Flipper. VA for Mira is great!!!

About Mira-Wit relationship...i think that Mira cares for Wit but only Mira and Wit can understand their relationship :P Its seems to be very complicated.

I liked Flipper better :)
Poor Flipper :(

Anyway you're definitely right: only Mira and Wit understand their own relationship...even though...I wonder if Wit truly understands at an emotional level their relationship...

...hm..we'll probably never know.

IF YOU'RE A GHOST.......JUST LEAVE ME BE!

#403 Happy Tree

Happy Tree

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1286 posts
  • LocationTartu, Estonia

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:29

He's not a half-Wit ;) He understands very well. Probably understands Mira better than Mira does. I've known couples like that and the "put upon" partner sees past the surface offence into the hurt person inside who can't help themselves. If they didn't I guess they'd not still be together!

#404 Yarrozu

Yarrozu

Arcadia Native

• PipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in between~

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:15

I liked Flipper better :)
Poor Flipper :(

Anyway you're definitely right: only Mira and Wit understand their own relationship...even though...I wonder if Wit truly understands at an emotional level their relationship...

...hm..we'll probably never know.

She said something about autism right? I have some experience with high functioning autism and the best way I can describe it is kind of like a sensory overload, and depending on the individual that can include emotions. It's not that they don't know emotions (they often can't "read" expressions/cues) they just feel too much. So it's easy for someone on the outside to interpret that silence as indifference or lack of emotion but "still waters run deep" as they say. I think of it as a disconnect due to the fact that it's overly taxing to engage, to the extreme. Unlike someone with anxiety, that disconnect is just a part of the brains make up rather than a conscious desire.

I think wit understands their relationship and the emotions involved in them, subtle as they seem. I think he understands Mira more than even Mira does, which is why when she's being a reprehensible bitch Wit doesn't have a full on freak out/meltdown because he gets her. Doesn't excuse Mira, but it does go to show how complex their relationship is. People with autism aren't automatons or fools they just feel (noise, space, vibrations, joy, etc) too much. It's also why some will fixate on one particular 'thing' in Wit's case that's probably engineering/programming. And while he's in that zone then that focus is absolute, like a stillness in the storm that the sensory world presents. Mira takes her frustration out on the nearest target and Wit is able to derive peace from the overload with his interests. I think he kind of lets her have that, like he knows she needs to get it out of her system, he gets her in a way the rest of us will never really understand.

Nothing about my description on autism is universal with everyone with it, I might be just projecting my understanding/experience. If Wit has autism he does understand emotion, but that still doesn't answer the relationship they have :x

::Cortez:: Vamos. Enter the light.

::April:: Don't say that. It sounds too ominous. Just... tell me what's gonna happen.

::Cortez:: You're about to take the first step on the longest journey of your life.

::Zoë:: It was nice chatting with you, Crow. It's been very informative.

::Crow:: Glad to help, doll.

::Zoë:: 'Doll'?

::Crow:: Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'.

::Shitbot:: Affirmative. I will stop doing this thing that I love and that makes me feel happy and fulfilled to follow you to the next stop on our pointless, depressing journey.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users