#141 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 08 November 2014 - 14:34

Sounds like GOG messed up and forgot to add the patch or a new installer for the Mac version. You should probably contact their support.

#142 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 November 2014 - 15:33

There's been a delay / problem with the Mac patch on GOG. I don't know what happened, but I don't think it's sorted yet.

The v1.1.1 patch for Mac is delayed by GOG unfortunately. :(
GOG won't make it public until some minor issues are solved. The issues have been there for the previous updates/releases too, so I guess they really only noticed it in this one for some reason.

This is unfortunate, but there's really nothing else we can do other than to fix what we can and hand them a new version to be approved. We're very sorry for those of you that may be affected by this.

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#143 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 18:03

Sorry, didn't notice the question was about mac.

Yeah MAC doesn't have the patch. I would email RTG support to ask why, given that Ragnar himself has a mac...

#144 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 08 November 2014 - 18:13

Sorry, didn't notice the question was about mac.

Yeah MAC doesn't have the patch. I would email RTG support to ask why, given that Ragnar himself has a mac...

Erika stated why the Mac patch is missing on GOG right above your post. RTG are aware of the problem, they are addressing it and trying to get it done as soon as possible. Emailing support won't make things go any faster, it will just bog down the system for people with support concerns that can be addressed at this time.

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#145 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 18:38

I wonder what GOG found. The patch obviously improved the game a lot on Humble and Steam. It makes no sense to me to hold back the update if the problem they found is already present in the old version that can still be downloaded, but there's nothing that RTG can do about it. Hopefully whatever needs to be changed will lead to an even better version of the game.

#146 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 19:23

Heh, guess I was ninja'd

#147 thanos

thanos

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 11:49

Just got confirmation from GOG that the patch did not pass their QA test. I wonder how the first version passed, when it was literally unplayable. But I guess you have to sell something first, then act all "QA first".

#148 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 17:09

The updated Mac version is finally available on GOG. I'm really glad that I'm a backer and had two other sources for the game.
  • agirlnamedbob likes this

#149 thanos

thanos

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 20:55

Yeah, a little email to support goes a long way. I wonder, was I the only one that contacted them about this? They made it available right after I questioned their QA process (making the first unplayable version available and not the one that actually works) and stating that the same patch has been made available on both Steam and Humble...

• Tina likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, OS X, Crash, Dreamfall Chapters, DFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users