• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#121 agirlnamedbob

agirlnamedbob

Harbinger of the Balance

• 11227 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 30 October 2014 - 22:30

Patch is only live on Steam currently, so yes. Hopefully will follow on GOG / Humble tomorrow. GOG and Humble both take a bit longer to push the update. From how I understand it, with Steam, RTG just uploads the patch and then it's there. With GOG/Humble, they have to wait for someone at GOG / Humble to put it up manually. 

Erika - Friendly RTG Moderator

Facebook - Twitter - Steam - Twitch

#122 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 October 2014 - 22:31

GenTurgidson and MichaelH, are you both using Steam?

Yes. My educated guess is that the patch might be available on Humble early morning CET. Don't know about GOG, but hopefully sometime tomorrow.

Edit: Ninja Erika

• agirlnamedbob likes this

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#123 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 31 October 2014 - 00:39

GenTurgidson and MichaelH, are you both using Steam?

Yes, I prefer DRM-free, but in this case I didn't want to wait any longer.

From how I understand it, with Steam, RTG just uploads the patch and then it's there. With GOG/Humble, they have to wait for someone at GOG / Humble to put it up manually.

That's correct. I think the plan is that GOG Galaxy will eventually allow a similar update process to Steam.

#124 moonbucket

moonbucket

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:26

Nice quick turn-around on the patch.

Only had frame-rate issues on first play-through. Changed my choices on the second and the game was crashing just after exiting Seshari Tower.

Now fixed! :)

• Morten and Tina like this

g6iuxh262x4zoxe8oek5.jpg

#125 pagerunner

pagerunner

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:26

Thanks so much for the patch, guys! My old Mac is still chugging along at not the best framerate in the world, but the game's entirely playable now. I finished up Europolis tonight without a hitch.

• Morten, Tina and khh like this

#126 4cmn

4cmn

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:16

So... any idea when GOG will get the patch? I am on the edge of a seat here... :)

#127 Tina

Tina

RTG Forum Moderator

• 2876 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:28

The latest Kickstarter announcements suggest it may not be up until Monday. So I wouldn't expect it before then.. Sorry  :unsure:

Tina: RTG fangirl and forum moderator.

#128 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 11:22

What Tina said. The DRM-free version on Humble is available for download now, though. (At least for Windows and Mac.)

#129 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:48

What Tina said. The DRM-free version on Humble is available for download now, though. (At least for Windows and Mac.)

It's updated for Linux as well, they've just forgotten to include the notification.

• MichaelH likes this

April Ryan is my friend,

#130 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 01 November 2014 - 14:58

It's updated for Linux as well, they've just forgotten to include the notification.

No, apparently I lied. I downloaded the file and checked the time stamps, it's from 23.10.2014.

April Ryan is my friend,

#131 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 22:44

Okay, I have finished the game now and it still crashes occasionally when I try to leave a room in Europolis. It happens rarely, but it is annoying because the auto save seems to save only after leaving the room. A change to saving before leaving a room (or even better the option for manual saves) would make the crashes much less annoying.
  • agirlnamedbob and khh like this

#132 Halonk

Halonk

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 20:27

So,

Until now I have not seen any evidence of "The Patch" in GOG. How do I know when is is available? Does it appear as a patch in library or will the entire game come as DC 1.01 ready to download?

In case soeone that cares see this, please advise.

?

:)

#133 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 20:43

So,

Until now I have not seen any evidence of "The Patch" in GOG. How do I know when is is available? Does it appear as a patch in library or will the entire game come as DC 1.01 ready to download?

?

It's live for the people who have the Special Edition, but it doesn't seem to be live for the regular edition yet. But it should be pretty soon now.

April Ryan is my friend,

#134 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 22:20

So,

?

It should be marked as updated in your library when the update is live. GOG rarely has patches for Mac, so most likely it will be a complete download.

It's live for the people who have the Special Edition, but it doesn't seem to be live for the regular edition yet. But it should be pretty soon now.

That's weird. The game itself is the same in both editions, isn't it? But, yeah, it should be available soon.

#135 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 November 2014 - 23:10

That's weird. The game itself is the same in both editions, isn't it? But, yeah, it should be available soon.

Yeah, but apparently GOG's systems tracks it as two different games, rather than a game + optional DLC like Steam does.

April Ryan is my friend,

#136 Halonk

Halonk

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:35

Even if have a couple of issues with steam I took the devil by the horn and installed steam on my mac, just to get hold of "The Patch". Removed the GOG version and downloaded the updated DC file.

Now I have kept Zoe busy running around Europolis, eavesdropping and trying to talk with all and sundry. 

I have taken ShitBot for a walk just to confirm it had a well deserved name.  

There is no option for throwing "The Girl" into the river and force Zoe's way into Queenie's Sampan :ph34r:, so that chit I got in the inventory must have some not yet figured out function in that matter...... :huh:

All of the above and not a single crash or lag! YAY! :)

There is still some funny shadow and light-effects, but as long as the game flows I really don't care. The story continues and was well worth the wait :)

I have to go back, see ya'll later. B)

• Morten and toremygg like this

#137 thanos

thanos

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:44

So is the latest patch live on GOG yet? I saw an "Update" in my GOG library, downloaded and played the game, and none of the issues have gone away.

1. Random crashes everywhere. Sometimes I can't even get to the main menu.

2. No option for > 1440x900 on a retina MBP.

3. When I do eventually get to the menu and start the game, it always crashes to desktop after intro.

4. Crash report STILL states that the error was in the IntelHD5000 driver when I have forced the nVidia through gfxCardStatus.

Now, I really hope that this is just me not getting the actual update, or this is getting ridiculous. I don't accept that Yosemite is a new OS, when all my other games are running fine on it, plus it's been available to developers for more that 6 months prior to the final release.

I also don't accept that I can run the game in a very low resolution and very low settings on an i7 15" rMBP with nVidia and 16GB of RAM. Especially when the windows version of the game runs amazingly well in Wine on 2880x1800 full settings... Try it.

#138 Crowboy

Crowboy

Vestrum Herald

• Dreamer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:08

The patch exists on GOG but you need to download and apply it manually. Even if you downloaded the entire game. It's not the same as Humble.

#139 MichaelH

MichaelH

Vestrum Herald

• Drachkin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1018 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 11:09

I only see a patch for Windows on GOG so far. The Mac version only has a complete installer and I think it is still the original one. It doesn't help that GOG uses its own version numbers and not the ones developers use.

#140 thanos

thanos

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 14:02

The patch is definitely not on GOG. I've downloaded the full Mac installer twice and the timestamp on it is 21/10/2014. There is a Windows patch and an updated Linux version, but nothing for Mac.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, OS X, Crash, Dreamfall Chapters, DFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users