• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#41 silverstar

silverstar

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:47

I haven't had any crashes, but basically the same as DraicDreamer. I didn't have any freezing/hangups at first, through midway chapter 3, despite running on High/Medium with a standard early-2013 Mac Pro. But now I can't get past [spoiler] the campaign cutscene. It keeps hanging during the initial campaign convo with the campaign manager. [/spoiler]

I saw someone mention something about changing the resolution, but I can't seem to change it to anything other than 1280 x 720. If anyone can help with that, I'd appreciate it!

Specs:

Mac OS X Mountain Lion

2.9GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics 4000 

#42 DraicDreamer

DraicDreamer

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:19

I've now upgraded to Yosemite, and.... slight change. After the game froze on the loading screen as usual, I waited as long as I could stand (about 5 minutes), was planning to force quit as usual, but then the game crashed to the desktop. Complete with the "application quit unexpectedly" window. So... progress? I'm in the same boat as most of the others in this thread now. :\

#43 alx

alx

Fringe Café Regular

• Vestrum
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:06

Leaving full screen before the first loading screen (after the intro) did the trick for me. Any further loading screens worked like they should (in full screen). I've just left the therapist's room and are on the street.

But before each scene change there is a lag for a second (feels more).
I think they should optimize it a bit considering I'm running a Mac Pro (Late 2013) and have PCIe flash memory and no hdd/sdd. But the scenery is great and running fluid (except the lag above) in 1680x1050 (native size of my screens) in detail mode awesome.

#44 Webby

Webby

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 18:10

As a long admirer of the series I'd like to contribute to this thread.  I've been struggling with crashes and poor performance with my Mid 2012 Macbook Pro since attempting to play DFC.   I've set my graphics card to discrete using gfxCardStatus and cleared up as much memory as possible using Memory Diag.  This didn't seem to help.  Whenever I'd hit ESC my game would immediately crash to the desktop.  I just tried setting SSAO to Medium (was previously turned off) and suddenly the game is no longer crashing.  I have no idea why but I hope this information can help speed up the optimization of this great series!  Thank you for continuing this series.  It has been a part of my life since I was a kid.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

• khh and Ringtail like this

#45 themutiny

themutiny

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 18:53

Just installed an update via steam. Now it won't run at all :(

#46 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 19:02

Just installed an update via steam. Now it won't run at all :(

Could you post a little more info on this? Do you get an error message, or does nothing happen?

April Ryan is my friend,
Every sorrow she can mend.
When I visit her dark realm,
Does it simply overwhelm.

#47 Boltmeister

Boltmeister

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 19:25

Stilll crashing after patch is applied, just as I leave the doctors office (after the cut-scene). Have tried every single combination of resolution and settings otherwise - still no go. iMac 21.5 2011, os x yosemite, I5 2.5ghz, 12GB ram, radeon 6750M 512MB

Crashed Thread:        0  MainThrd  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000000020aa27000

VM Regions Near 0x20aa27000:
    VM_ALLOCATE            0000000197ab4000-0000000197ac4000 [   64K] rwx/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
    __TEXT                 0000123480000000-000012348029b000 [ 2668K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver

edit: så jeg stikker gjerne en bråtur til Oslo og låner mac´n til Ragnar, så får jeg kost meg med DFC i helgen... :)

• khh, peano314 and Krellzar like this

#48 Man in Black

Man in Black

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 October 2014 - 19:56

After patching the game the game runs much better, but still freezes occasionally. In any case it ALWAYS freezes in the transition screen when trying to enter "The Hand that Feeds" building. The balance wheel turns something like 10º clockwise and that's all I get.

iMac 27'' mid 2010s - OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks - 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 - 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB.

#49 Webby

Webby

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 20:05

I have not seen a patch through Steam here in the US.  Am I missing something?

#50 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 20:08

I have not seen a patch through Steam here in the US.  Am I missing something?

Are you running Mac or Linux?

April Ryan is my friend,

#51 Webby

Webby

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 20:09

Are you running Mac or Linux?

Mac OS X Yosemite

#52 khh

khh

Harbinger of the Balance

• 7118 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 October 2014 - 20:33

Mac OS X Yosemite

To be perfectly honest I'm not sure either if the Mac patch is live yet, though I know the Linux one is.

Does anyone here know for certain?

April Ryan is my friend,

#53 Man in Black

Man in Black

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 October 2014 - 20:59

Last time I started the game Steam downloaded an update for Dreamfall Chapters. I suppose it was the patch.

• khh likes this

#54 msierchio

msierchio

Fringe Café Regular

• Minstrum
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationBerkeley, California,US

Posted 24 October 2014 - 21:45

Windowed mode doesn't improve things for me with the crash/hang immediately upon leaving the therapist's office - as soon as I click on the interaction gear with Nela, it hangs, beachball of death, etc.

The game is unplayable for me at this point. Both platforms available to me - Windows and Mac OS X - have such serious hangs and UI bugs. 

I realize there was a rush to meet a deadline, but the game is currently unplayable.

#55 aaroncarney

aaroncarney

Rubber Ducky

• Istrum
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGrimsby

Posted 24 October 2014 - 23:03

Okay well steam just downloaded something so I guess that was a patch? Game is still crashing outside the therapists office again. Just thought i'd let you know :) 

#56 Tridnod

Tridnod

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 23:34

Same here, odd but i got to play an hour without interuption, got passed the therapist scene yesterday. Everything was perfect but needed to go to bet. Honestly afraid to shut it off, and i was right. Now it crashes again at numerous occassions. Unplayable. Downloaded something on steam with a very weird name but nothing happened.

#57 LanceLatham

LanceLatham

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 23:44

I have crashing issues, too. I have just arrived to Europolis and am outside near the street vendor and police. Game crashes right there. Here is the crash report and my setup.

https://www.dropbox....Report.txt?dl=0

OS X Yosemite (10.10)

iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

8GB 1333 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon HD 6770 512 MB

Also, I have the visual settings to the lowest setting and anti-aliasing off. Resolution is the highest setting; otherwise it looks a little blurry.

#58 soloblast

soloblast

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 00:26

Patched, still crashing to desktop at the same point as before.

Crash report attached below.

Attached Files

#59 Nagnu

Nagnu

Rubber Ducky

• Vestrum
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 00:32

Yeah, I'm just crashing the instant I try to leave the office like another above. Doesn't matter what settings I use same result. (OS X Yosemite, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB)

#60 pagerunner

pagerunner

Rubber Ducky

• Shifter
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:31

Patched but still crashing in Europolis, too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bugs, OS X, Crash, Dreamfall Chapters, DFC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users